Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
84 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

teebee, more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Easter Chat 04.21.19
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Happy Easter to all.

Weather is supposed to be nice today in the mid 70s. Looking forward to that.

We celebrate Easter at my wife's aunt's house every year. So we will be heading over there. The food spread is always impressive. And you know this guy loves to eat.

What kind of plans does everyone have?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2019/4/21 6:52

Ultraman Re: Easter Chat 04.21.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

well we are headed into church in the 56 and then out to eat at a fancy buffet with the kids...... then hopefully home for some grand napus.....and then finish mowing the lower 40. I am wearing my new Easter clothes my wife bought me...... she says faded Wranglers with oil and grease stains just won't do...... I'm like..... whaaaaat? She says I look great in my new Sunday go to meeting duds so who am I to argue......

Enjoy the day Guru's..... He has risen .......

Posted on: 2019/4/21 13:19

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

j3studio Re: Easter Chat 04.21.19
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Happy Easter!

Beautiful today, which is unusual for Easter in the Philadelphia area—it's usually much nicer on Good Friday.

Plans: I'll cart the parents to and from church, than the family will gather at the ancestral Mulhern home (a large circa 1905 Craftsman) for Easter brunch. We'll likely drive the 1985 over, as it's Light Blue Metallic is an appropriate Easter color.

There's probably some more detail somewhere—maybe I'll fill it in later.
Posted on: 2019/4/21 13:35

j3studio Re: Easter Chat 04.21.19
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:
Ultraman wrote:

She says I look great in my new Sunday go to meeting duds so who am I to argue …

She is the target market, so if she thinks you look good …
Posted on: 2019/4/21 13:39

teebee Re: Easter Chat 04.21.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Hey guys...slept in a bit as we got home from church last night about 10:45pm. I went to down the #2s house to sand the sheetrock patch and then primed it, so Rosie could go paint the wall later.

Then it was nice enough, 62, I decided to wash/clean interior of the pickup. I spent about 3 hours there. Then I was on a roll, so I did the Caddy too. So I put in about 5 hours cleaning today.

Then I went out and grabbed the secondary mower, as when #2 tried to use it last week it wouldn't stay running. So I tore into that to find the air filter base/primer was cracked and allowing air leakage. So I've found the part and ordered it from Amazon. Now just waiting for Rosie to have supper ready. Probably go down to the storage shed and mow there later.
Posted on: 2019/4/21 20:36

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Huskerland
14705 Posts

Time for naps...... overate but wanted to get my money's worth..... then when it cools off a bit its out to the Iris beds to weed and Preen.......and get the lawn sprinklers going....

83 and windy today...... straight out of the south at 25 to 35 mph.....I really had to fight that 56 Shoebox to keep it in a straight line. It just does not feel planted if you know what I mean. wanders all over the place today.... might have to check the alignment but I would not want to drive any further then I did.

The car is not that heavy weighing in at 3100 to 3200 lbs. Hell that is what my Grand Sport weighs.....

Posted on: 2019/4/21 21:53

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Supper done, I'm thinking it's about time to go down and mow the storage shed lawn.

Marc, the 56 didn't do that when you brought it home last year....can it be the tires you put on?
Posted on: 2019/4/21 22:35

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Easter Chat 04.21.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7580 Posts

HOME AGAIN, HOME AGAIN, JIGGIDY-JOG---

HAD A GLORIOUS HIGH-CHURCH EASTER SERVICE WITH BABY DAUGHTER AND FAMILY. PRELUDE BY HANDEL, PROCESSION, TRUMPETS, KETTLE-DRUMS, PIPE ORGAN, FLAGS, MITERED BISHOP BUT NO INCENSE THIS TIME.
THEY EMBARRASSED THEMSELVES A WHILE BACK WHEN OVER ENTHUSIASTIC CENSING SET OFF THE SMOKE DETECTORS AND THE OKC FIRE DEPARTMENT ARRIVED TO TAKE PART IN THE SERVICE. THEY’RE NOT SO BIG ON INCENSE ANY MORE :-)

#7GRANDSON’S BAPTISM TOOK FOREVER. TUCKED ON TO THE END OF ANOTHER SERVICE SATURDAY NIGHT, THERE WERE ONLY TWO BAPTISMS BUT A HOST OF CONFORMATIONS, REAFFIRMATIONS, ETC. SEEMS THE BISHOP IS RETIRING FROM ACTIVE DUTY. HE IS WELL LIKED AND EVERYBODY THAT WAS PENDING ANYTHING WANTED HIM TO DO IT. HE IS AN EX-COP THEY SAY. HE HAS A GOOD COMMAND VOICE AND I COULD HEAR AND UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING HE HAD TO SAY, UNLIKE SEVERAL OF THE OTHER CELEBRANTS.

BABY DAUGHTER PULLED OUT ALL THE STOPS FOR EASTER DINNER. SHE SEEMS TO HAVE INHERITED THE COOKING GENE FROM MY MOTHER’S SIDE OF THE FAMILY, ALL THE GARRETT WOMEN WERE GREAT COOKS AND SHE IS RIGHT UP THERE WITH THEM.

DARLING WIFE’S HS REUNION WAS FUN FOR HER, I BUMMED AROUND THE FARM AND PLINKED A FEW TURTLES ON THE LAKE.

WIND REALLY UP TODAY, BLOWING MY TRUCK ALL OVER THE ROAD ON THE WAY BACK.
WE GOT WORD MY COUSIN DIED THIS MORNING. GOD BLESS HIM, IT WAS A LONG, SLOW WAY TO GO.
Posted on: 2019/4/21 23:42

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Huskerland
14705 Posts

Sorry to hear about your Cousin Gris.....

I don't know Tom..... it may be...... but I don't know if we had a crosswind that strong on the whole trip..... I can't remember any wind in fact... I mean the car is a not all that aerodynamic for going down the road.... I think part of it is the power steering is way to active.....especially with a KW sized steering wheel. I am going to talk to the Power Steering folks this week and see if we can tone it down some. Also check the alignment to see how that is. Also I need to get the tires rebalanced.... at 70 mph it has a shake in the wheel.....

No I did not notice the steering being this bad on the trip home last summer and I am worried that the tires may be part of the problem. They are radials 205 R75 - 15's I bought the Coker Radial which was a bit cheaper........ but maybe should have got the wider B. F. Goodrich Silvertowns....... just trying to save a buck you know..... I had 7" rims on the front but like I do now but the tire is more narrow....... It is what they recommended for Tri Fives........ damnation.......
Posted on: 2019/4/22 2:06

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Can't help thinking tires are the problem.......
Posted on: 2019/4/22 2:54

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.