Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
188 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 04.24.19
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well yesterday was the big day. Got in the Corvette and she fired right up. Let her run up to temp, checked for leaks and squeaks, filled the tires, and brought her home. No surprises. Kids both already had a ride and they were tickled pink. Need to get the oil change done and change the radiator cap and fill the cooling system. After that she's good to go.

Wife was whining about the driveshaft to her car still sitting on the floor in the garage (it's ok honey, you don't have to remind me every 6 months)...so that project took precedence and I had to get that buttoned up. Took it for a test drive and no vibration, rattles, or shakes. My "budget" u-joint swap complete with welded in u-joints was a success. A lot of unnecessary hours involved (a bit of a learning curve for me) but it beat the alternative of a new $1,000 driveshaft (the driveshaft in the rogue is non-serviceable). So at least that's done.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2019/4/24 4:51

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 04.24.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...A very chilly start to the day here. They were saying upper 30s, but my thermometer says 33 this morning. A big warm up is supposed to happen, mid to upper 70s is on tap.

Another day working for Rosie. We have to move the big refrigerator. First thing is make sure the other frig is at the correct temp, transfer all the vaccine, move the big frig, make sure it is running properly and stabilizes at the correct temps, then they can move the vaccine. She says there is close to $50k in vaccine that has to be protected....crazy.
Posted on: 2019/4/24 12:36

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 04.24.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Hi!
Posted on: 2019/4/24 12:38

GRIS Re: Wednesday Chat 04.24.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

CLOUDY AND COOL IN THE NATIONS, THE LONG AWAITED RAIN CAME ABOUT MIDNIGHT AND DIDN'T AMOUNT TO A FART IN A GALE OF WIND.
40% CHANCE TODAY THEY SAY, LOOKS AWFUL RAINY RIGHT NOW.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY, MAY LOAD UP SOME .222 MAG SHELLS TO TRY OUT FOR ACCURACY. I WANT A GOOD 55 GRAIN BULLET LOAD.
MY LAST EFFORT IN THAT DIRECTION WAS DERAILED BY A LOOSE SCOPE MOUNT. WEATHER IS WARM ENOUGH NOW TO GET SOME RANGE TIME IN.
Posted on: 2019/4/24 13:34

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 04.24.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Grass cutting and weed whacking day. Other assorted yard stuff.
Posted on: 2019/4/24 16:27

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday Chat 04.24.19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Instead of being able to go straight home last night I got suckered into the WalMart scam. Got home and he'd pressure washed the front of the house and shop. I suspect he'll do the rest of the house, maybe the fence tonight. Claims he has a side job to do this weekend to avoid me having his truck for any flea market adventures. Afraid I'll bring home a pile. And he'd be correct as there's a pile now of MCM junk in my garage. But notice I said MY garage. I'll get to it when I get to it. Rain due here yesterday and none came, due today and none came, due tomorrow we'll see.
Flowers came however. Freaked me out, I never get any. Turns out the local flower shop we wrap vans for sent me them so I could see what her idea was how she wanted this next one to look. Cool way to share her idea with me.
Have a great day everyone
Posted on: 2019/4/24 21:38

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 04.24.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

yep.....I is working a lot......

Tommy..... Bless you my son..... forgot all about that....

A bag of modern corn seed with all the built in genetic traits will list for over $300 dollars per bag. Now with early pay price incentive and loyalty discounts they will get down into the 250 to 280 dollars per bag.

One bag does about 2.6 acres....... so $280 / 2.6 = $107.70 cents per acre for seed. times 2000 acres or more = $215,000.00 for seed and planted with a $250,000 or more dollar Planter pulled by a hi tech 4 wheel drive tractor that costs $175K...... then there is the fertilizer and the pesticides and the irrigation costs and the very nasty land taxes........and the $300 dollar per acre rent if you don't own the land.

Pretty soon we are talking some real money here....... big damn buusiness...... Operation loans are nuts....

On the other hand if they get a yield of 260 bu per acre at let's say $3.50/bu....... that is $910 dollars per acre x the 2000 = $1.8 million..... and if it was $6 bucks like it was awhile back that is $1560/acre x 2000 = $3.1million....... that is when you order the new Calloway......or Z06....

Have to go now to the big chair...
Posted on: 2019/4/25 1:44

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 04.24.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Worked my arse off again today, but I got most everything done I need to help Rosie with.....until she finds something tomorrow....
Posted on: 2019/4/25 2:35

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.