Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Automatic Slip Regulation
Also known as ASR; ie traction control.

Standard on all C4s starting in 1992....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 4.V.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

HI Y'ALL---
Posted on: 2019/5/4 13:04

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 4.V.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

CLOUDY AND COOL IN THE NATIONS, NO RAIN IN THE FORECAST FOR A CHANGE.

BIG MEETING WITH THE NEW TAX ACCOUNTANT THIS MORNING. HIS PERFORMANCE HAS BEEN LESS THAN IMPRESSIVE. HE TOOK OVER THE PRACTICE FROM THE LADY WHO PREVIOUSLY DID OUR TAXES RIGHT AT THE START OF TAX SEASON AND SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO HELP HIM BUT HER HUSBAND'S CANCER PREVENTED THAT. SO THE POOR PERFORMANCE MAY BE SITUATIONAL. OR WE MAY NEED A NEW ACCOUNTANT.
WE SHALL SEE WHAT WE SHALL SEE---

YESTERDAY BEING A TWO NAP DAY, I SUBSTITUTED ONE NAPUS MAXIMUS FOR TWO NAPUS ORNINARIOUS FOR GREATER EFFICIENCY :-)

LET'S STOP SENDING MONEY TO OTHER COUNTRIES AND LET THEM HATE US FOR FREE.
Posted on: 2019/5/4 13:15

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: 4.V.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...up at normal time. The cloudy, cool day yesterday, cleared up by late afternoon and turned out nice. Sun is out this morning, but must have rained in the night as it is pretty wet out there.

Headed over to the 'prayer garden' at church this morning to do some work. Then we might head over to another job to do some preliminary work.

I'm with you Gris, stop sending the money, those countries don't appreciate it, and all we get in return is hate.
Posted on: 2019/5/4 13:49

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 4.V.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Well the wife called and the Tahoe is making grinding noises in the front end again. Of course she is out of town. We have replaced both front bearings and u joints......so now what....... truck only has 140K on it..... never would happen when its in town.

Have family graduations today up north so I also will be venturing up there after lunch.... was going to take the Corvette but now may have to take the Duramax and the flatbed trailer from work to bring it all home..... damnation.......

at least the weather is really fine........ have a safe day Guru's
Posted on: 2019/5/4 14:24

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Sh!t never stops Marcus.

We got the project done at the Prayer garden...planting two 12' crosses and one 16'. JHad to dig three 3' deep holes, mix concrete (by hand) and plumb (vertical leveling, not water related, although there were water lines running pretty close) and brace them. 2 hours time.
Posted on: 2019/5/4 17:19

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: 4.V.19
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Sorry to hear about the car problems there U-man. Is it possible that it’s the brakes? U didn’t say if it was under braking, coasting, or acceleration.
By the way,
MAY THE 4th BE WITH YOU!
Posted on: 2019/5/4 17:43

captmike13 Re: 4.V.19
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Good afternoon gang.

Been absent for a bit. Here's the catch up. Ellen had surgery on Monday to get here tongue unpinned and a skin graft sewn in. Her checkup is on Tuesday to get the stitches and gauze taken out. With some luck the the graft will take hold and we are on our way to one day getting her dentures back. It's been a long year since being diagnosed with cancer.

I'm glad the rain has stopped for a while. The mighty Mississippi is projected to crest tomorrow evening and so far we are dry. The lord willing we will stay dry. We're not suppose to get more rain until Monday night Tuesday time frame.

Hope the car troubles aren't to bad Marcus.

Have a good day gang.
Posted on: 2019/5/4 21:07

captmike13@yahoo.com

Matatk Re: 4.V.19
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Evening CGs!

Feeling pretty exhausted right now, it's been a long day. RR#2 had his first communion today. We had church in the morning and then a nice lunch afterward. Back home and time to relax.

Mike, glad to hear the wife is progressing. Hopefully the check-up goes well.

Marcus, good luck with the truck. Hopefully it's something minor.

Hope everyone has a great evening.
Posted on: 2019/5/5 0:34

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

We had first communion this afternoon, Matt. We only had 17, but the church was full.

This evening, a friend had invited us over for a gathering at his house. Fish, pheasant, ribs etc...really good. Probably 60 people. Chatted with some folks we hadn't seen for a while and then the sky opened up and rained pretty hard for a bit.

It's a nice evening, but I'm tired. Tomorrow we are planning a trip back to see Rosies' dad. Her sister says he hasn't been feeling well lately. Also a grand niece has her first communion tomorrow, so we'll take dad to that as well.
Posted on: 2019/5/5 1:54

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Back home, 007 is cleaned up and put to bed. As we sat out at nieces' house after the church service, the weather started looking nasty. So I, kind of, hustled Rosie and her dad to get going. On the way back home we ran into some freaking hail that sounded like it was coming through the roof. We ran through it and got back to his place and jumped in 007 and headed back west, sort of, back into it, but taking a northern route, hoping we were going to miss it. Luckily, it did stay south of us and we missed the hail. Drove through some pretty heavy rain, but no hail.

Things were going pretty well and in the long stretch between two towns (about a 60 mile stretch of nothing, Marcus has been on it) I picked up a 'rabbit' and started pacing them about a half mile behind, I had the cruise set at 74. I popped over a hill and met a county mounty and immediately his lights went on and as I went by he did a three point turn. Rosie says I think he got you, how fast were you going? I said "GPS said 74". So I slowed down, but kept moving as there was no good place to stop for a bit. I got up to an intersection, stopped and waited for him. By the time he came up to the car I had drivers license, registration and insurance card out. I rolled the window down and he was real nice, "How's it going today?" I said "Well, I apparently was driving faster than I should have been" Then he said "with a car like this, it would be easy to do. May I see your license and insurance please?" "Yes sir" and handed it to him. He said "Where are you headed?" "Just going home, sir....Lakin." "Trying to beat the storm?" "Yea, kind of." "We came through Great Bend and it was nasty." He then went back to his pickup and checked my license. A few minutes later he came back and handed me my license and insurance card and said "I'm going to save you $153 today. I know if I had a car like this, I'd probably drive faster than I should, too. Just hold it down. Have a good day." "Yes sir, I'll make sure I back it off. Thank very much." A very nice young man.

Posted on: 2019/5/6 3:12

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 4.V.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

must have been a slow day to pop you for only 9 over..... what's up with your Fuzz Buster.... or was it instant on radar..... I think he just wanted to ogle your car.....
Posted on: 2019/5/6 3:43

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.