Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Interior Lights
There is one in each door. On the 1984-1989 C4s, the door lights can be turned on and off by pressing them.

There are lights under each knee bols...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee Monday 5-13-2019
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Morning guys....
Posted on: 2019/5/13 12:26

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Monday 5-13-2019
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Up and around. Sunny and mid 40s right now, headed to low 80s.

Rosie and I are headed southwest about an hour to watch GS #2 play golf today. It's regional tourney. to determine who goes on to the state tourney. Supposed to be a nice day.

I hope you all have a great day!
Posted on: 2019/5/13 12:36

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Monday 5-13-2019
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

HI TEE---

SUNNY, CALM, AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, A BEAUTIFUL MORNING.

AUTO ROTATION DAY, BUT I MAY KEEP THE TOMATO OUT AS ITS SUPPOSED TO BE WARMER. THERE ARE JUST NOT THAT MANY TOP DOWN DAYS IN THE YEAR AND I HATE TO MISS THEM.

ALSO NEED TO SEE ABOUT NEW SHOCKS FOR THE TOMATO, THE NO-NAME SHOCKS THAT WERE PUT ON WAY BACK WHEN ARE GIVING UP THE GHOST.

I thought getting old would take a lot longer---
Posted on: 2019/5/13 12:37

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

j3studio Re: Monday 5-13-2019
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:
GRIS wrote:

AUTO ROTATION DAY, BUT I MAY KEEP THE TOMATO OUT AS ITS SUPPOSED TO BE WARMER. THERE ARE JUST NOT THAT MANY TOP DOWN DAYS IN THE YEAR AND I HATE TO MISS THEM.

ALSO NEED TO SEE ABOUT NEW SHOCKS FOR THE TOMATO, THE NO-NAME SHOCKS THAT WERE PUT ON WAY BACK WHEN ARE GIVING UP THE GHOST.

I believe Bilstein and KYB are still in your market.
Posted on: 2019/5/13 12:41

Louis, 2012 Centennial Edition Coupe

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:
Quote:
GRIS wrote:

I believe Bilstein and KYB are still in your market.

YEAH, I'M BIG ON BILSTEIN; DON'T THINK I'LL GO FOR SPORT SHOCKS LIKE I HAVE ON THE OTHER CARS. THE RIDE WAS NICE BEFORE THE SHOCKS STARTED GOING SOUTH.

I REMEMBER BILLH SAYING SHOCKS GO DOWN HILL AFTER 20,000 AND THAT'S ABOUT WHERE THESE ARE.
Posted on: 2019/5/13 12:58

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday 5-13-2019
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Mornin

Rain possible, high in the 90's. Supposed to cool down a bit to the mid to low 80's and lows in the 70's in the A.M. through the week with increasing rain chances. I was out yesterday working at the pond at the nursery and it was Vulcan hot. End of the month will start getting busier with our upcoming trip to Boston and Sue is supposed to go up to Bradenton this weekend to go through some of my mom's stuff with my sisters. One of them is ignoring my mothers written orders that if there is any fighting over an item it is to be donated to charity. She's trying to hoard. UN-believable. Mom's place has to be cleared out except for a lot of the furniture which will go with the place. My sis that is in charge of the estate was dragging ass for months. She just turned off the phone and utilities at the beginning of the month stating she's been having a difficult time with the closing of the estate emotionally. Only proceeds left to deal with are the sale of her condo. My mom had many clothes and shoes. She was quite a fashionable lady. That's pretty much what has to be dealt with. Was thinking about Mom yesterday. Sometimes it still seems she is just a phone call away.
Posted on: 2019/5/13 13:51

vetteblondie Re: Monday 5-13-2019
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Morning everyone -
Still on the no sleep thing after getting home from the adventure of the week, then nursing home, mother's day, etc. Bill I'm very sorry to hear about your son, and will keep you guys in my prayers. I can't imagine.
Sun finally came out here today. Was gloomy yesterday morning, then was sunny, we made a fire, tried to have some quiet time, then it rained, fire would not go out. I guess Arron build one hot fire. Dumped three buckets on it and it still was trying to stay lit. Working today as a make up day, but it's beautiful outside so I'd rather be home. Supposed to be nice all week and the weatherman assures us our rainy woes are over for a time. We're celebrating.
I recall on the shocks, I used to use the Billsteins also, and found another company that made some nearly identical. Got the same wear and ride from them for a ton less cash. That was on the '96 though so don't off hand recall what they were but I did like them . Reminds me I have to do some tire shopping soon. Not looking forward to that. What I'm finding in the offerings as an all-four match for my GS so far I'm not real thrilled about
Posted on: 2019/5/13 14:13

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Elite Guru
4245 Posts

I was so ready to discuss shocks that I forgot to say good morning.

In the 40s and wet, wet, wet in the Philadelphia area. Starting to clear out at the University—only a week until commencement.

Bill, Ivelis and I send our best.

Letty, tires for our cars are non-trivial. Ivelis wanted to stay run-flat with our tires, so we've gone with first Michelins and than Bridgestones for the all-seasons. Both have met expectations. We keep the all-seasons on so long during the year that the original Goodyear summer fronts are still with us—Ivelis burned up the first set of rears a while ago.

21,500 words/63 pages
Posted on: 2019/5/13 14:52

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Tommy you are correct in that it seems like our moms should still be there to answer the phone. Mine's been gone 10 years and I pass her house once in a while and it don't look much different. I've seen it for sale once, and the inside has been updated some but still looks much the same. Just like I could still be sitting there on the porch with her.
On the tires - I've never been a fan of run flats, and here I drive mine all year and don't swap out winter tires for summer ones. I have the Nitto Invos now and love them except for the rain issues. I previously used Kumho Ecsta Supra SPTs on my other Vettes. I used Bridgestone, Michelins, Perelli, Goodyear, all those 'fancy' ones and kept coming back to the same old Kumhos that everyone made fun of me for. Then I started to see all those people start using them as well. Problem is, they don't offer a complete set for this car. The Goodyear and Firestone as well as Bridgestone I've used I didn't like. Lackluster grip, road noise, not good in rain, or just flat out didn't last well for the money they cost. I want to pay for a good tire not a good name.
I also have an issue with burning up a rear set myself lol
Posted on: 2019/5/13 15:23

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Monday 5-13-2019
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

The new wheels I bought for the GS come with Michelin Sports non run flat..... I am going to run them because they are new. I do know the non run flats ride better. How about some Continental's VB? I hear good things about them.

I will keep the stock wheels and Bridgestone's around in case I want to run an auto X sometime....... or a track day.......

Sun is out and it's time to get moving.... have a finest day Guru's....
Posted on: 2019/5/13 15:53

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: Monday 5-13-2019
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Cool here but the sun is out and it is a nice change. Got a car wash this morning and filled it up with gas. Prices are up again, it was $3.22 a gallon for 87.

Gris, I need some shocks for the 89 as well. I did them 10 years ago and put on KYB. They were better than the junk on there but this time around I'll go with Bilsteins.

Tommy, I'm coming up on 3 years for my dad in two weeks. Still not a day goes by that I don't think of him multiple times throughout the day.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2019/5/13 16:25

Elite Guru
4245 Posts

Quote:
vetteblondie wrote:

On the tires - I've never been a fan of run flats, and here I drive mine all year and don't swap out winter tires for summer ones. I have the Nitto Invos now and love them except for the rain issues. I previously used Kumho Ecsta Supra SPTs on my other Vettes. I used Bridgestone, Michelins, Perelli, Goodyear, all those 'fancy' ones and kept coming back to the same old Kumhos that everyone made fun of me for. Then I started to see all those people start using them as well. Problem is, they don't offer a complete set for this car. The Goodyear and Firestone as well as Bridgestone I've used I didn't like. Lackluster grip, road noise, not good in rain, or just flat out didn't last well for the money they cost. I want to pay for a good tire not a good name.

Got it—I'll be interested in what you end up with, since we are clueless about non run-flats. The different front and rear tire sizes do substantially narrow our choices.
Posted on: 2019/5/13 17:19

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

I've never ever used a run flat. You'd think after 25 years worth of 4 Vettes I'd have at least tried them at some point. Just never have.
I'm clueless about those, honestly, but do understand they have a much harsher ride and to offset the manufacturers use softer rubber compounds thereby reducing the longevity of the tire overall. Kinda kick in the kods when they cost so much to start with.
On the other hand, our tire treads are pretty meaty to start with on their own and chances are, we aren't driving them in shady places to put them at risk although accidents do happen. And, according to JD Power and associates, those with run flats, are nearly twice as likely to have to replace them after flats as they often cannot be repaired. And you must replace them in pairs. (which most of the time we do anyhow).
Contintental and Perelli offer self sealing tires, which do interest me. I haven't explored their size offerings however.
Posted on: 2019/5/13 19:12

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday 5-13-2019
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

VB Did you look at tire rack and see what they offer by make and model? Sometimes I see what they have and compare them locally to see whats's offered. I've got Bridgestones on the Vettes, Tiger Paws on my 83 911 and Pirelli's on Sues 87. 911 tires are tough to find anymore. They are offset sized for front and rear. The fronts you can find. The rears are a challenge. Luckily Pirelli came out with a set. What's going on here today? ..... We're talkin Vettes.
Posted on: 2019/5/13 19:49

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Well back from a day in the sun. GS played well, minus a couple holes, on the front nine. Started out great on the back nine, but, kind of lost it on a couple holes and didn't finish where he would have liked. Oh well, we were proud of him.

Got some friends coming over here in a bit, he and I are going out to golf Men's night, while she and Rosie go out for dinner, walk and chat.

Been thinking about shocks for 007 too....will have to be Bilstein Sports. Tires, will be Michelin AS+ 3 run flats.
Posted on: 2019/5/13 22:01

Resized Image

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

BE CAREFUL WHO YOU HANG OUT WITH---

Attach file:

jpg  1ADOG.jpg (84.69 KB)
12496_5cda087b2fb2f.jpg 554X661 px
Posted on: 2019/5/14 0:14

Huskerland
14705 Posts

now that is funny......laughed out loud I did....... thanks Gris......
Posted on: 2019/5/14 0:46

Huskerland
14705 Posts

Bilstein Sports B8 Performance Plus is what they are telling me to get.

Rear Part #24-029780

Front # 24-029773

I think those will work on all C6 but maybe they are just for the GS's.....
Posted on: 2019/5/14 0:48

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

According to the literature, they will work with all C5s and C6s.
Posted on: 2019/5/14 3:14

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.