Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
180 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  1983
The year with no Corvette production. There is only one surviving 1983 Corvette. The one 1983 Corvette is in the National Corvette Museum, (NCM), in ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee 5.17.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Morning guys....
Posted on: 2019/5/17 12:28

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: 5.17.19
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Sunny and seasonably warm this morning and headed to the upper 80s.

Today is GS #2s grad party. We are hosting, so today (grad tomorrow) is get stuff ready day. This morning Rosie and I are headed to the 'city' to pick up the cake and other last minute things. This afternoon I will be busy setting things up and cleaning.

Well, I hope all of you have a great day.
Posted on: 2019/5/17 12:34

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 5.17.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL MORNING IN THE NATIONS, COOL, CALM, AND SUNNY. SAD TO SAY, THE MONSOON RETURNS TOMORROW, JUST IN TIME FOR OUR TRIP TO FAYETTEVILLE FOR #4 GRANDSON'S GRADUATION PARTY. HE'S PLANNING TO GO TO UofA. FORTUNATELY, WE WERE SPARED THE MARATHON GRADUATION WITH IT'S CAST OF THOUSANDS.

HOPE TO GET THE MOWER BACK TODAY AND CUT THE OBSTACLE COURSE BEFORE THE NEXT ROUND OF RAIN. THE WET WEATHER HAS PRODUCED A BUMPER CROP OF TICKS. ANOTHER JOY OF SPRING, NOT AS BAD AS TORNADOES BUT MUCH MORE PERVASIVE.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits". Albert Einstein
Posted on: 2019/5/17 12:57

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Matatk Re: 5.17.19
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Sorry I have been MIA the past couple of days. We had guests in from out of town and my focus was there.

Today is RR#1s bday. The whole family went out last night to her favorite Chinese restaurant so she could have orange chicken (also her favorite). It was a nice time. She got a few gifts last night and a few more of this morning before school. She also got to ride to the restaurant in the Corvette which was a nice treat for her (and me?).

We have had more rain off and on. This needs to quit.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2019/5/17 14:49

TommyT-Bone Re: 5.17.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

5 hour nursery day. Had to cover for Sue as she went out for an MRI. 3 hours for that and 2 hours of mowing and maintenance. Now to resume what I had planned. Mowing the house grass and some weeding. Obviously I won't get everything done I had planned. Well I don't really plan anymore. Let's call them things I had hoped to do. Good thing there is always a tomorrow (until there isn't). I have plenty to do today, tomorrow and for the rest of my life. I have a list now. Tomorrow the list will still be there and they'll have to char me with a list when the time comes. Never bored.
Posted on: 2019/5/17 20:06

teebee Re: 5.17.19
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Happy birthday to your (little? They are growing up fast) one, Matt.

We were back from the 'city' before noon and got everything set up. I got the coolers down, loaded with drinks and iced down. Just waiting for the time to get here. Wind has been a factor all day, maybe some storms in the offing.
Posted on: 2019/5/17 21:15

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 5.17.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

HIPPO BIRDIE TWO RR#1 !

IT HAD DRIED OFF ENOUGH TO BLOW OFF THE PATIOS AND SIDEWALKS WHICH WERE COVERED WITH OAK CATKINS. THEY ARE ALMOST AS BAD AS THE LEAVES.

GOT THE MOWER BACK AND CUT THE WEEDS. THEY WERE SO HIGH IT TOOK ABOUT AN HOUR LONGER THAN USUAL. I FOUND WHITEFOOT, THE BIG GRAY TOM WHO HAS APPOINTED HIMSELF HCIC OF THE BARN, CURLED UP IN THE TALL GRASS TAKING A NAPUS CATUS. WHEN THE MOWER GOT TOO CLOSE HE WALKED AWAY IN A VERY SULKY AND INDIGNANT MANNER. HE IS MORE AFRAID OF PEOPLE ON FOOT THAN OF VEHICLES. SINCE HE SET SUCH A GOOD EXAMPLE, I HAD A NAPUS ORDINARIUS WHEN I GOT DONE.
Posted on: 2019/5/17 21:24

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: 5.17.19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Good afternoon - happy birthday to your RR Matt! Cherish them now!
They grow up too quickly.
Beautiful day here, got some house chores done then planned the afternoon to enjoy the pool finally.
That's our plan for tomorrow as well, not leaving the house.
Looking at a road trip possibly for next weekend or maybe the weekend after that. My bday falls on the holiday weekend so there's a freebie day off for both of us so that helps out, that might be the plan. Considering a visit up to the body shop couple thats our friends who retired and moved to Tebbetts, MO , haven't seen them in almost a year. Might visit some wineries and a few junk stores, help him out on a few things, etc. Not got all that nailed down yet.
Ya'll have a good evenin
Posted on: 2019/5/17 22:12

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

j3studio Re: 5.17.19
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Responding to Letty's question from yesterday:

"… how are you liking the InDesign CC?
I'm on the CC for my other programs, but for my ID I still use the old one, as thus far I am not having a good time with the CC in use of Photoshop and Illustrator. I've developed new cuss words as of late.
I do book layouts for the paper I used to work at and have found I'd rather stick to the old reliable when pressed for a deadline but I know I need to convert sooner or later. Thoughts?"

I find that keeping absolutely up-to-date all the time makes the transitions less painful because they're more incremental. Basically, Adobe is now doing revisions twice a year, and I'd say about half of those revisions are meaningful to me. So, in the last year, InDesign gave me better layout adjustment, visual font browsing, OpenType SVG font support, and endnotes—all of which I use.

But … two things: one is the eternal your mileage may vary—your usage may be such that you never use the new features and all the constant updates bring you is annoyance because Adobe does change and move things. The other thing is that its part of my job to always expose myself to the latest and greatest, ao I can justify some extra time mucking around with new features and capabilities.

Posted on: 2019/5/18 0:44

Ultraman Re: 5.17.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Yeah it's been like totally nuts the last few days with impending rain the farmers been working round the clock to get all the corn in the ground... that means we get to work like that also....

Tomorrow I'm headed east bound to meet a friend from the other forum who has a set of C7 Cup wheels and new Michelin tires he has sold me. We are meeting in the middle to make the deal. Were there Cup wheels for the C6's? I don't think there were....

They are 19" fronts and 20" rears but the sidewalls on the tires are shorter so the speedometer won't be affected...... 18's and 19" were stock on the Grand Sports..... I will post pics as soon as I get them back and balanced and then on the car.......

Have a good night Guru's.....
Posted on: 2019/5/18 3:00

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Ultraman Re: 5.17.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Posted on: 2019/5/18 3:06

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.