Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
176 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  DIC
Driver Information Center.

This is the display readout panel on the dash. It’s above the radio for 1984-1989; above the climate controls, 1990-...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Mundane Chat 05.20.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

What year is this? Oh ya. 2019
Posted on: 2019/5/20 11:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Mundane Chat 05.20.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Put a major dent in the front yard landscape. The back yard awaits as well as spraying for weeds and stray grass. It never ceases to amaze me how as soon as I'm finished it seems it's time to start all over again. South Florida weather promotes plant growth, especially in summer. You can see that the grass has grown just overnight. Sue sometimes says to me "The grass is getting high.". My response .... "I'm not cutting any more than once a week." That's enough. An acre and a quarter and 2500 sq ft house has more than quadrupled my efforts then when I had a quarter acre and a 1500 sq. ft. house. Don't get me wrong. I love our house and property. I'm still repairing the yard from damage done by Hurricane Irma over a year and a half ago. The problem here is just about the time you get everything the way you want it, a Vulcan hurricane sweeps in and blows it all away. Plus dumps a shipload of water on everything making a soggy mess. .... Sue brought home a Suburban load of stuff from my moms house. After a killer day on the yard yesterday I got to help unload that. That's par for the course around here. When I'm sitting and spent from the days activities there's always something else that needs to be done. The bonus I guess is I sleep well.
Posted on: 2019/5/20 11:48

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Marcus, the new wheels give it class.
Posted on: 2019/5/20 12:05

GRIS Re: Mundane Chat 05.20.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7580 Posts

SUNNY, COOL, AND BREEZY IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, BAD WEATHER LOOMING TO THE WEST, THE WEATHER WIZARDS ARE HYPERVENTILATING AGAIN. RAIN, THUNDER, LIGHTNING, TORNADOES, HURRICANES, TYPHOONS, AND THE SKY MIGHT FALL. (IT'S ALL TRUMP'S FAULT)

I'D TAKE A NAP EXCEPT I MIGHT SLEEP THROUGH THE END OF THE WORLD, OR AT LEAST OF CIVILIZATION AS WE KNOW IT :-)

"We’re suddenly awash in so many crises capable of ending civilization as we know it that there’s barely enough hysteria to go around. A worldwide hysteria shortage. Who knew? "

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY OTHER THAN AUTO ROTATION AND A LITTLE CLEANUP FOR THE BUMBLEBEE THAT HAS BEEN NEGLECTED LATELY.

TONIGHT DARLING WIFE'S FEMALE SUPREMACY COVEN IS HAVING A PIZZA PARTY. ALL THEY EVER HAVE TO DRINK IS BEER AND WINE.
MAYBE I SHOULD BRING MY ON BOURBON.
Posted on: 2019/5/20 13:16

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Mundane Chat 05.20.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...slept in a bit. Raining since about 4am. We are looking at some bad weather this afternoon, if it warms up a bit. The weather geniuses are saying up to 2" for us and more as you go east.

Tommy, it's job security. Gris, I'd say it was time to go hide in the shop... just saying.

I have a few things going on today. I better get with it.
Posted on: 2019/5/20 13:48

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Mundane Chat 05.20.19
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Apparently I lost another day. Sorry about that.

More goofy weather here. I think the high today is 57 and tomorrow in the 70s.

I have some backyard projects to do today. Our vegetable garden is boxed in with timbers and is 33 (ish) ft front and back and 3 and 1/2 ft deep. The wife decided that she wants a proper fence to keep the rabbits out instead of the chicken wire that has been hastily installed. When she told me that she wanted a fence I advised her that it would take me 8 hours and about $250 to do it the right way. She scoffed. She never believes anything I tell her as far as construction or costs or materials. Of course, she's wrong. She ended up finding some metal decorative fence pieces at Aldi of all places. They are three ft sections so I went and bought 26 of them at $8 a piece. That unfortunately leaves the corners open. I did a little brainstorming and I'm going to use some brake line and bend it up, weld it, and spray it black to match. I think it will look good once done. When I told her that she asked me why I was making so much work for myself! Ugh. Can't win.

After that I'm taking her car to my buddy's shop. I'm doing a little job on his LS firebird and then we're putting the Rogue up on the rack for control arms, struts, and tie rod ends. The never ending saga.

Marcus, the rims look great. I like those better than the original. But that carbon lip would last about 3 days on Chicago roads.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2019/5/20 13:59

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Matt, get a six pack, sit in a comfy chair, turn on a good movie that only you would like or turn the stereo on loud. When asked "What the hell are you doing?" say "Trying not to make any work for myself.". That's what I used to do but get yourself one of these too.

Attach file:

jpg  Tommy dog house.jpg (25.51 KB)
852_5ce2b75599baa.jpg 302X400 px
Posted on: 2019/5/20 14:19

Ultraman Re: Mundane Chat 05.20.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

I really like the wheels also and got a great deal on them. Which always makes them look better.....right?

44 freaking degrees out right now......do I have to turn the heat back on......damnation.....is it ever going to warm up.... rain rain rain for the next week or so.....

Ya Matt.....I have to be careful with the front splitter now but the car has been lowered on the stock bolts but is still high enough to keep me mostly out of trouble...... and we have no pot holes out here in God's Country.....

I would like to be a fly on the wall when the Coven gets into full swing Gris...... or maybe not.......

Time to go to work.....
Posted on: 2019/5/20 14:50

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7580 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Gris, I'd say it was time to go hide in the shop... just saying.

AND MISS OUT ON FREE PIZZA---NELLA HAPN, GI!

ACTUALLY THEY ARE A SEMI-HOITY TOITY CLUB WITH SECRET NAMES, PASSWORDS, AND OTHER ESOTERIC KNOWLEDGE NEVER TO BE REVEALED TO OUTSIDERS, ESPECIALLY OUTSIDERS OF THE MALE PERSUASION.

I CALL THEM FEMALE SUPREMACISTS AND THE FEMNAZI ABTEILUNG JUST TO ANNOY DARLING WIFE. ONE THING FOR SURE, FEW OF THEM KNOW HOW TO THROW A REAL PARTY, WHICH IS REALLY QUITE SIMPLE. ALL IT TAKES IS CONGENIAL PEOPLE, WHISKEY, AND PEANUTS :-)
Posted on: 2019/5/20 15:57

Matatk Re: Mundane Chat 05.20.19
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Gris, if that's all it takes I will supply the whiskey and peanuts and you can supply the congeniality.
Posted on: 2019/5/20 16:23

j3studio Re: Mundane Chat 05.20.19
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

I really like the wheels also and got a great deal on them.

You know Ivelis and I like them!

You will have to change your avatar, though …

Posted on: 2019/5/20 17:12

teebee Re: Mundane Chat 05.20.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

I really like the wheels also and got a great deal on them.

You know Ivelis and I like them!

You will have to change your avatar, though …

Yea, I'm going to work on that later today for him.
Posted on: 2019/5/20 17:44

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Mundane Chat 05.20.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Hey thanks Tom.....I need all the help I can get....Teeb is our personal wood craftsman and IT guy..... very nice!

Gris....you're not putting the peanuts in the whiskey are you? Like we used to put the peanuts in a bottle of pepsi........ mmmmm......that was good.....
Posted on: 2019/5/20 18:03

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Floating peanuts and BEER.

Posted on: 2019/5/20 20:04

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7580 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Like we used to put the peanuts in a bottle of pepsi........ mmmmm......that was good.....

OH NO, PEANUTS GO IN GRAPETTE, WHICH HAS NOT BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE.
THAT WAS LONG AGO AND FAR AWAY---
Posted on: 2019/5/20 22:03

vetteblondie Re: Mundane Chat 05.20.19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Floating peanuts. Gives me a bad image in my head. And it has nothing to do with soda or whiskey. I'll leave that right there.
Beautiful day today, had a nice weekend, we tried to keep to ourselves and man being man put a dent in it for the most part. Worked Friday night when we normally make it a point NOT to do side jobs on that night so we can have a night to ourselves. Didn't get home from said side job till 10 causing us to miss the sunset we planned to go see as well as dinner out and a fire by the pool when we got home. Plus I went from mad to worried as he wouldn't answer my messages all night and I knew he was out on a motorcycle. He ended up planning to just run a coode on something and come home and ended up having to halfway rewire a truck. Phone nowhere near him. Then he sleeps half the next day. Fine way to 'plan a weekend with me'. Oh well, should be used to that by now, right? Got a good rain over the weekend and back to regularly scheduled hot and summer. Little Rock trip Thursday and staying home for the holiday. Would like to go camping at the lake, but then that's where everyone else will be. So, no. Have a good day y'all
Posted on: 2019/5/20 22:17

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.