Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
213 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Stingray
1969 through 1976 Corvette.

Not to be confused with the Sting Ray, 1963 - 1967....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone 05/22/2019
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Hello!
Posted on: 2019/5/22 11:28
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: 05/22/2019
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

I got lucky today and have Sue's crew for a few hours to help me around the back yard and nursery. I have plenty to keep them ans myself busy.
I have a closet filled with Nintendo consoles, games and accessories. Sue tells me last night she wants me to clean out that closet so she can use it for clothes. You haven't used any of that stuff in 8 years. I told her I built up that collection so I could use when I retired. LOL I have hundreds of games and stuff from the first two generations. I also have a vast collection of music from 45's cassettes, and cd's. (No 78's or reel to reels or mp3's either) Also books and movies in VHS and DVD formats. I could stay busy fucking off for at least a couple of decades. Then there is also the cars and a boat. All I need is time. Time I thought I'd have in retirement (not). Oh ya, I forgot the tools. I have a ton of tools to build any projects I conceived. Here is the song I wanted to sing.

Posted on: 2019/5/22 11:41

GRIS Re: 05/22/2019
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

SUNNY, COOL, AND BREEZY IN UNDERWATER OKLAHOMA THIS MORNING.
THE ARKANSAS IS SIX FOOT OVER FLOOD AND RISING. THE TOWN OF WEBBERS FALLS IS BEING EVACUATED. ROADS CLOSED IN VARIOUS PLACES.
"HOW HIGH'S THE WATER, MOMMA? SIX FOOT HIGH AND RISING."

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA BUT AN OIL CHANGE FOR THE BUMBLEBEE.

Attach file:

jpg  SAFE SEX.jpg (46.39 KB)
12496_5ce549ce70c44.jpg 483X396 px
Posted on: 2019/5/22 13:08

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: 05/22/2019
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14728 Posts

Tommy I have been told that some of that early stuff is going to be worth a lot of money someday.....especially if it is still working...

I have a small oil can collection that is probably worth about a hundred dollars ...... but someday it will be worth like ..... 200 bucks.....

The sun shineth and that means we will soon be going back to work.....I better dig out my mud boots though....

Have a groovy day Guru's.....
Posted on: 2019/5/22 14:15

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Marcus, I have some special edition games that are worth over $200. ;) I could sell it all and try to double my money while gambling on the cruise ships.
Posted on: 2019/5/22 17:01

Huskerland
14728 Posts

Key word there is .... Try!
Posted on: 2019/5/22 18:37

vetteblondie Re: 05/22/2019
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4641 Posts

I have a back bedroom so full of junk I need to sell it's insane. Corvette leather jackets, chrome grille for a '97 Chevy still in the box, just a couple of things that come to mind, the room is full of crap. Then there's boxes in the shop he needs to go through. Makes my head hurt thinking about it.
We got more rain last night to add to the quick heavy shower from yesterday, hope it's done for a while. I'm okay with a quick shower every other day but million mile an hour winds and crap or floods I'm done with. Can't have anything outside seems.
Slow day at work so I jacked with this printer some, having trouble getting it to "see" the edges of paper. It sucks it in and spits it out. Otherwise, it seems to want to work. Forum searches tell me I'm not the only one with the issue.
Little rock trip tomorrow to see the nose surgeon one last time, hope all goes well there. Still feel like something blocking right side a bit.
Have been looking over some tires - found these -
https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/20 ... formance-tire-review.html
Posted on: 2019/5/22 20:53

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Huskerland
14728 Posts

We use a lot of Coopers on our work trucks out here and like them a lot..... those seem to have all the boxes checked for a high performance Corvette tire..... and probably a good price point also.....

I am going with non RF's for the first time and I'm a bit nervous but will have to rely on a small air compressor to keep me going if I get a flat......
Posted on: 2019/5/22 21:17

vetteblondie Re: 05/22/2019
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4641 Posts

I mentioned in a previous thread that I'd never used a RF tire. I do, however keep a small air compressor with me in the storage compartment, but have only done that recently. Typically, you don't drive your Corvette in areas where the road is shoddy to begin with, although accidents and unexpected things do occur. With RF tires, these 'unexpected things' will also blow a RF tire as well though quite often. In 25 years of having a Corvette, maybe I'm just lucky? Or ? Either way, you evaluate the tire based on if it's "xl" or "sl" meaning standard load and if it further states 'reinforced" which is equivalent to "xl", the grip, temp, wear, note your tread pattern for your driving conditions - do you do more interstate driving? city? cornering? etc. summer mainly? rainy weather mainly? etc. For me, it's Arkansas, so if it's too bad the BF takes me where I need to be in the truck, but mostly I'm in weather at or above freezing here. We do get our share of rain so I need to have water shedding tread and good grip as I have mixed interstate and spirited hilly back road driving. Those seemed to fit the bill nicely and a good price point as well. They're not my stand by faves I'd been using but I'm searching for the replacements to the Kumho Ecsta Supra SPT I used to use. I have Nitto Invos now and am not completely happy.
Posted on: 2019/5/22 22:07

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: 05/22/2019
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Hi everyone. Looking forward to the weekend here. Cars and coffee Dayton has their meet this Saturday morning. I really enjoy those meets. If anyone is near the Dayton area, it’s a big one and right next to I-75 at a place called Austin Landing.
Posted on: 2019/5/22 22:25

teebee Re: 05/22/2019
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Hey guys..I was up early and on the road to Wichita before 6am. I wanted to get there and back as early as possible. I was at the Lumber Liquidators store before 10am and back on the road home by 10:08. Would have made it home before 2pm, except I ran into road construction where I could see traffic was backed up for,literally, 3 miles. We were stopped for 20 minutes, moved about 100 yards and stopped again for 20 minutes, 100 yards then stop. We really pissing me off, so I got to a point where I could turn around and went back about 8 miles and took another route home. I'm convinced, if I had stayed in line it would have been easily two hours.

So instead of 2 I got home about 4. Then I did a bunch of running around. My butt is really dragging now.

The weather was absolutely perfect today mid to upper 60s, sunny and no wind. I did see a lot of water and the rivers in central Kansas were running full to the brim and beyond. More rain coming tomorrow. and Friday.

I got to go out to the shop and put some stuff away.
Posted on: 2019/5/23 0:52

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

The air compressor for my cars are on the AAA truck. Just sayin. Years ago the 91 had a front go flat. Towed it to to a nearby Sears store and bought a new set of tires. Would have had to buy two fronts anyway to match so we just opted for all 4. The tire that went flat had a slice in the sidewall. Goner.
Posted on: 2019/5/23 2:44

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.