Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
170 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  National Corvette Museum
The mission of the National Corvette Museum is to celebrate the Corvette's invention, and preserve the legendary automobile's past, present, and futu...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Memorial Day Weekend Chat 05.24.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Good morning CG's
Posted on: 2019/5/24 11:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Memorial Day Weekend Chat 05.24.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Was sitting out back on the patio as I do every morning. I was gathering my wits and the thought of Brad popped into my head. His picture is in my most used photo file and see him often as I scan through looking for other images. You may no longer be with us on this plain but our thoughts of you live on. Miss you brother.

The true meaning of Memorial Day lives on also as we remember our fallen brothers and sisters that gave all so we can enjoy the freedom and promise of this great nation. Let freedom ring.

Posted on: 2019/5/24 11:47

teebee Re: Memorial Day Weekend Chat 05.24.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....I agree, Tommy, I too, miss Brad and Bill. I also think of Mom, Dad, my brothers.

I need to my pickup out to the tire shop.

Have a great day!
Posted on: 2019/5/24 12:40

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Memorial Day Weekend Chat 05.24.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

SUNNY, CALM, AND STICKY IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. SOUNDS LIKE FT GIB WILL BE CUT OFF FROM THE WEST FOR SEVERAL DAYS UNTIL THE RIVER GOES DOWN. DARLING WIFE IS PLANNING TO HAVE THE YOUNGER GRANDKIDS HERE FOR THE WEEKEND. THAT WILL BE GRANDDAUGHTERS TWO THRU FOUR AND GRANDSON #7. (I MAY HAVE A GUNSHOW THIS WEEKEND :-) TOMORROW MY TASK IS TO GO GET #2 GD FROM FAYETTEVILLE. IF IT'S DRY I'LL TAKE THE BUMBLE BEE UP THRU THE HILLS FOR A FUN THERE AND BACK.

SUSPECTED A COON IN THE BARN, SET A LIVE TRAP BAITED WITH BIRDSEED SO THE BARNCATS WOULD NOT BE CAUGHT AND NOW I HAVE A COON IN A CAGE. PROBLEM IS, THE COON EXILE SPOT IS INACCESSIBLE DUE TO HIGH WATER. SO, DO I KILL IT OR TRY TO FIND ANOTHER COON REPOSITORY? THE WORLD WONDERS---

I TOO OFTEN THINK OF THE GOOD TIMES AND GOOD PEOPLE LOST AND GONE FOREVER. TREASURE WHO AND WHAT WE HAVE.
Posted on: 2019/5/24 13:24

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Come on GRIS. Find the coon some high ground a few miles away. It was only doing what raccoons do. ;) You'll get a good whiff of that coon perfume to boot.
Posted on: 2019/5/24 13:38

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Come on GRIS. Find the coon some high ground a few miles away. It was only doing what raccoons do. ;) You'll get a good whiff of that coon perfume to boot.

THE RACCOON COURT FOUND THE INTRUDER PLACID AND INOFFENSIVE.
AS NO PROPERTY DAMAGE OCCURRED, THE PRISONER WAS EXILED TO THE FAR NORTH FOR LARCENY OF CAT FOOD. LAST SEEN HEADING EAST AT A HIGH RATE OF SPEED---
Posted on: 2019/5/24 16:34

Ultraman Re: Memorial Day Weekend Chat 05.24.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Ok.....I was giving the Coon the thumbs up also..... the older I get the more sympathetic I am towards the creatures........

except for the raccoon who has taken up residence under our deck......last night the dogs went in after him much to our dismay and in about 30 seconds they both came storming out and decided that barking in a safe place was the wise choice...... couple of real fighters we got..... I suppose the coon is a 50 pounder..... and don't take no chit from 2 Yorkies.....

Got to get some work done on the GS...... about a week till the big race.

I think of Brad and Bill quite often also.... funny the relationships we develop online these days.....

I'm out..... for now.....
Posted on: 2019/5/24 19:57

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Ok.....I was giving the Coon the thumbs up also..... the older I get the more sympathetic I am towards the creatures........

except for the raccoon who has taken up residence under our deck......last night the dogs went in after him much to our dismay and in about 30 seconds they both came storming out and decided that barking in a safe place was the wise choice...... couple of real fighters we got..... I suppose the coon is a 50 pounder..... and don't take no chit from 2 Yorkies...

SEE WHAT BEING NICE WILL GET YOU :-)
I DO NOT LIKE KILLING SOMETHING THAT'S BEEN TRAPPED. I'M ALL FOR FAIR CHASE. I DO MAKE EXCEPTIONS HOWEVER, SNARLING, SNAPPING, AND AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOR DEAD COONS MAKE---

YOU SHOULD TRADE THOSE YORKIES IN ON A FULL SIZE DOG; AN AIREDALE WOULD CLEAN THAT COON'S PLOW.

HAD A FIT OF AMBITION AND MOWED THE OBSTACLE COURSE THIS AFTERNOON. AT LEAST THAT'S OUT OF THE WAY. OUR MAIL LADY (POST WOMAN?) WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE PO AT FT GIB: NO LIGHTS, NO AC, WINDOWS THAT DON'T OPEN. HOT, HUMID, AND DARK, THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT CLOSING DOWN TILL POWER IS RESTORED. CAN THEY DO THAT TOMMY?
Posted on: 2019/5/25 0:03

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Those metal cage critter traps work great. For a big critter you need a big cage. We're always catching unwelcome visitors including Tegu lizards. They can get big and feisty too.
Posted on: 2019/5/25 0:52

teebee Re: Memorial Day Weekend Chat 05.24.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Worked in the shop for a while, got the pickup back with the new tires....I like them so far, I hope they are as good as they say they are.

This afternoo we moved the cars around. GS #3 (14 yo) is taking drivers ed this summer.He told me he wants to learn how to change oil in the car he will be driving (and it needed it). So we got him and the car over here and on the lift and I showed him how to do it. He couldn't get the oil filter, so I did that for him...heck I had a tough time getting it. After that he cleaned it out real good, something the other two never did (does).

While he was doing that, I cleaned 007 up a bit in prep of the "Run, Drive & Fly" event tomorrow. I hope the weather holds out....supposed to get nasty in the afternoon. Anywho, 007 is ready for the show.

It was an absolutely perfect day here, sunny, no wind and mid 70s. If we could have about 6-8 days like this, then rain for a day...then keep that pattern up, I'd be in heaven. But I know that won't happen here in SW Kansas.
Posted on: 2019/5/25 1:52

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.