Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
172 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

GRIS THURSDAY 30 MAY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

GOOD MORNING TO YOU---
Posted on: 2019/5/30 12:51

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: THURSDAY 30 MAY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

THE SUN IS SHINING ON A THOROUGHLY SATURATED OKLAHOMA. ALMOST TWO INCHES OF RAIN SINCE YESTERDAY MORNING. THIS IS GETTING TIRESOME.

DARLING WIFE WANTS TO MAKE THE HOUR'S DRIVE TO MUSKOGEE THIS MORNING TO PICK UP DRY CLEANING, PRESCRIPTIONS, ETC. THIS MEANS DRIVING THRU SPEED TRAP HULBERT. DISGUSTING. THE ARKANSAS HAS QUIT RISING BUT HAS NOT GONE DOWN TO ANY EXTENT.

TOMMY, DID YOU SEE MY PM?
Posted on: 2019/5/30 13:01

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: THURSDAY 30 MAY
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....I'm getting to be more like Tommy every day. The weather was nearly perfect yesterday and looks like more of the same today. Sunny calm and comfortably cool.

I say I getting more like Tommy because, nothing I planned on doing yesterday got done. Calls from Rosie, and other things got in the way of what I planned to do. Maybe more of the same today...I don't know.

I got to get started, have a great day.
Posted on: 2019/5/30 13:02

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: THURSDAY 30 MAY
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

final preparations for the half mile race today....then tech tomorrow and race day on Saturday...... they say the weather will be nice and that would be different. This spring has been.....uh......unusual to say the least...... going for 140 in the half mile......

Have a swell type day Guru's.....
Posted on: 2019/5/30 13:30

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: THURSDAY 30 MAY
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Whoever ordered the rain, I've got my share, someone else can have it now, thanks. I needed some for the yard and plants but I'm past my limit.
Hoping for a quiet day at the job today, but do need to run across town to measure a camper. He wants me to come after work (he's a friend) but Arron and I are planning to go out to dinner after work for my bday so I'm not stomping around in his chat muddy parking lot. It's gonna be a $50 job so not really worth my time. Hate to be that way but the dude is gonna want half a camper's worth of graphics that will end up costing us way more time and trouble to do that it's worth.
Friday's coming, carry on!
Posted on: 2019/5/30 14:23

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: THURSDAY 30 MAY
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
EXTENT.
TOMMY, DID YOU SEE MY PM?

I don't have PM from you GRIS. I'm heading up to Boston for the weekend leaving tomorrow. Be back home late Monday. I'll keep an eye out for it.

My cc got compromised back in January so I went through my car rental and hotel booking to verify confirmations and credit card billing. Everything is set and I have our boarding passes. We have to leave the house EARLY. 03:30AM to pick up MIL and FIL at 04:00. Now I have a headache but everything is ready to go. Have to get to bed early tonight if I want to get any rest before traveling. I'll have the car packed before bedtime so we get up, a quick shower, make drinks (coffee for me) and out the door. Just a couple of carry ons so NBD.
Posted on: 2019/5/30 14:47

Matatk Re: THURSDAY 30 MAY
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

Turned out to be a nice day. I dug out a tree stump last night and dug out a few bushes this morning. We decided to take one more out but that's for another day.

I was going to take the pool cover off today but it rained quite a bit last night again. Draining that now. No rush as I don't have the supplies I need anyway.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2019/5/30 20:30

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys, good thing I didn't plan anything for today. All I got done was set up to older ladies with their streaming TV....the one 91 yo and the other 90 yo. Both were doing... OK? with the changes, neither one very confident with switch. The one this morning took me 3 1/2 hours. When I got there, her daughter (lady about my age) was also there and was VERY "standoffish". I'm sure she was there thinking I was there to pull something, or to rip off her 91 yo mother. By the time I was done, she had changed her attitude and realized that I was just there to help her mom convert to this new (to her) technology. I actually understand her thought process, especially not knowing me before.

The lady this afternoon was a wonderful lady that we got to know and besides the time spent getting her stream TV set up we chatted and found her to be a nice lady. Just so happens that she lives in a house that a former Principal and I built for him. So she showed me through the house asking me if I think she has done the house "justice". I told her it was pretty much the way I remembered it.

Not sure what is on tap for tomorrow...I guess we'll take it as it comes.
Posted on: 2019/5/30 22:45

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Safe travels Tommy. Pictures and videos, Marcus....and a report that you made 140. You and about 10 million other people Letty. Thankfully, we are just about right on rain, but the further east you go the more water is flowing.
Posted on: 2019/5/30 22:48

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: THURSDAY 30 MAY
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Hey guys, good thing I didn't plan anything for today. All I got done was set up to older ladies with their streaming TV....the one 91 yo and the other 90 yo. Both were doing... OK? with the changes, neither one very confident with switch. The one this morning took me 3 1/2 hours. When I got there, her daughter (lady about my age) was also there and was VERY "standoffish". I'm sure she was there thinking I was there to pull something, or to rip off her 91 yo mother. By the time I was done, she had changed her attitude and realized that I was just there to help her mom convert to this new (to her) technology. I actually understand her thought process, especially not knowing me before.

The lady this afternoon was a wonderful lady that we got to know and besides the time spent getting her stream TV set up we chatted and found her to be a nice lady. Just so happens that she lives in a house that a former Principal and I built for him. So she showed me through the house asking me if I think she has done the house "justice". I told her it was pretty much the way I remembered it.

Not sure what is on tap for tomorrow...I guess we'll take it as it comes.

Did either have a lot of cash, high end watches or expensive jewelry lying around? How about a diamond ring left by the sink?

I don't think that way either, Tom. I've heard you have to have a felony mind. Then all that stuff is in their thought process.
Posted on: 2019/5/30 23:22

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Haha Tommy, no neither one was what I would call "well-to-do"
Posted on: 2019/5/31 2:14

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.