Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
233 user(s) are online (204 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Ultraman Big Tuesday coffee house chat....
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14728 Posts

Morning my fellow travelers..... I am up early to beat the heat but now its raining....... did not see that coming....

GS giving me fits with the vacuum set up for the NPP mufflers..... bought a kit but they did not send all the parts and now I can't get anyone at the company to talk to me....... typical...... no phone number just email...... I will eventually learn to research who I'm buying from before I pull the trigger....

Have a really nice and fine day Guru's.....
Posted on: 2019/7/16 12:25

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Big Tuesday coffee house chat....
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
now I can't get anyone at the company to talk to me....... typical...... no phone number just email...... I will eventually learn to research who I'm buying from before I pull the trigger....

THAT'S WHY I LIKE TO BUY LOCAL WHEN I CAN, SO I CAN GO IN AND PITCH A FIT IF I'M NOT HAPPY WITH THEM.

ITS SUNNY AND NICE THIS MORNING, 72 DEGREES ON THE FRONT PORCH, WILL WARM UP TO 93 THEY SAY.
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IS HYPERVENTILATING OVER "DANGEROUS HEAT". WHAT DID WE EVER DO BEFORE WE HAD THEM TO WARN US THAT IT GETS HOT IN THE SUMMER? WILL WE EVER RUN OUT OF HYSTERIA?

DARLING WIFE OFF TO ARKANSAS AGAIN WHILE SON & DIL GO DOWN TO M B ANDERSON IN HOUSTON TO TRY OUT FOR SOME KIND OF NEW TREATMENT. HE'S BEEN FEELING BETTER, EVEN WENT IN TO WORK FOR A HALF DAY THIS WEEK. THE WAY TYSON HAS TAKEN CARE OF HIM HAS BEEN NOTHING SHORT OF WONDERFUL.
Posted on: 2019/7/16 12:46

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Big Tuesday coffee house chat....
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys...seasonably warm start this morning, 73 now and headed to the low 100s. We had a nice little shower at about 3am this morning. You are right Gris, apparently we have become so stupid they have to tell us it's going to be really hot....personally, you and I both know, it's the medias way of pushing the climate change thing at us.

I have funeral this morning, a member of our church that we've known for 40 years. A really nice man, and one that #2 used to go visit and helped him and his wife (who has early stages of dementia) with daily chores before the oldest son moved them to Texas to be near himself.

After the funeral, I'm headed to the 'city' to pick up the motor I left to be checked out and repaired for the cheap bandsaw I bought. Even with all I have put into it, I'll make some good money off it.

Well, stay as cool as possible today, remember, it's going to be HOT.
Posted on: 2019/7/16 13:13

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Big Tuesday coffee house chat....
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

GMCG's

Heading to the nursery to repair the tool shed. I've only put it off for a year and a half. Geez ... Sue wants everything done yesterday. Of course a carpenter could have come out and had it done by now. I'm probably about $200 cheaper.
Posted on: 2019/7/16 14:06

Matatk Re: Big Tuesday coffee house chat....
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Gris - hopefully the new treatment works out well.

TB - sorry to hear about your friend.

Marcus - I'm sure a credit card dispute would get their attention.

Tommy - tell Sue that you'll get the project done. She doesn't have to remind you every 6 months. Now, what was that you said and time not being more valuable than money?

Rain now which will turn into unbearable hot humid air later. Can't wait.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2019/7/16 15:36

CorvetteBob Re: Big Tuesday coffee house chat....
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Hi all, just checking in...
Posted on: 2019/7/16 16:25

vetteblondie Re: Big Tuesday coffee house chat....
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4641 Posts

Howdy,
Raining off and on here today but thankfully cooler. Arron left the hose running in the pool as the storms overfilled, it, someone please remember to tell me to shut that off when I get home.
Marcus, stop payment, CC dispute, etc should rattle their cages. I'm like Gris, I like to get local if I can so I not only see what I'm getting, I can ask questions and yes, pitch a fit if I"m screwed.
Sorry to hear about your long-time friend, Tee, prayers.
Semi-busy day at the office, seems I'm getting known for D.A.R.E. vehicle wraps. They take these things to shows and competitions, I guess word gets around.
Bout to crank up on another side job for the paper, the yearly 'concierge book' they do. New publisher, one I worked under retired recently, this one I worked for at a distance a few years ago. My immediate boss retires at the end of this month. Pretty soon I won't know anyone left Am I getting old?
Posted on: 2019/7/16 19:11

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Big Tuesday coffee house chat....
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14728 Posts

OK...... just got back from the shop where I had my best men working on the car....... they got it all sorted out and everything is working like a charm...... the big deal on the NPP in a box was that it was supposed to have an EZ Tap part that made the search for vacuum a lot easier.

We ended up doing an end run around them and due to the Meth injection plate behind the throttle body that had an extra port in it that was plugged, they unplugged it and put in another fitting that the vacuum hose hooked up to and bingo all the vacuum to operate that mufflers we could ever want. Niiiiice!

So we used the kit and it all worked as it should..... I now have fobs that can make the car mild while cruising or if I want to get a little cowboy it will let the car roar like the beast that it is...... Can not believe how quiet the car is with the valves on the mufflers closed......very cool stuff.....

So that is all done and ready to go....... I am relieved ....... and don't do any business with Nakid Parts in Salem Ohio.......
Posted on: 2019/7/16 22:43

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Big Tuesday coffee house chat....
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Well, the funeral wasn't as big as I was expecting. The temps started raising, and by the time the funeral was over, it was pretty steamy.

I drove over and picked up the motor, came home and put it on and got the bandsaw running. Man that thing is quiet, smooth and powerful...having second thoughts about selling it. Man it's nice.
Posted on: 2019/7/16 23:21

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.