Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
174 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

GRIS WEDNESDAY 17 JULY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

GOOD MORNING TO YOU---
Posted on: 2019/7/17 12:33

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: WEDNESDAY 17 JULY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

---WERE ALL IN OUR PLACES, WITH BRIGHT SHINY FACES---

IT'S 80 DEGREES ON THE FRONT PORCH AND THE HUMIDITY IS 84%. THIS MAY NOT BE A PEASANT DAY. NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY, I OUGHT TO GO BY THE VA HOSPITAL AND GET A NEW ID CARD AS MY OLD ONE IS SPLIT DOWN THE MIDDLE. QUESTION IS, DO I WANT TO MESS WITH THE PIA PARKING.

TOMMY, PETA WANTS YOU TO kill iguanas in the ‘kindest manner possible'. WOULDN'T WANT THE LITTLE DARLINGS TO SUFFER.

AM ENJOYING THE ENGLISH-AS-A-SECOND-LANGUAGE DEMOCRATS' SLANGING MATCH WITH TRUMP. WHEN IT COMES TO INVECTIVE THEY ARE WAY OUT CLASSED :-)
Posted on: 2019/7/17 12:45

Ultraman Re: WEDNESDAY 17 JULY
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

So very hot out today..... may hit triple digits..... so I'm heading out real soonest so I can get back in and lounge around in the AC....

Got my car all done and after some clean up it will be ready to rumble.... putting on my solid roof so the AC does not have to work so hard to keep the interior cool..... the see thru roof is nice but it does let the hot in more.....

Gotta roll....... stay hydrated Guru's
Posted on: 2019/7/17 13:04

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: WEDNESDAY 17 JULY
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...Hot here too, 77 as I write. Looking for low 100s again. 103 yesterday and low 100s through Saturday.

I've got some things to do in the shop, but, I can't seem to get motivated to do them. The heat, I guess, does that to me.

Started packing for the trip. Taking three outfits and 20 changes of underwear.....I have a feeling that it's going to be hot and sticky.
Posted on: 2019/7/17 13:36

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: WEDNESDAY 17 JULY
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

GRIS, the iguanas' problem is they eat many types of plants and flowers and then go shit in the pool. They are only one of many invasive critters. The Tegu lizard, python, Agami lizard, peacocks, parrots and many more. Once they get a foothold it's over. All those mentioned have made South Florida their home. I don't like to kill anything unless I have to. The peacocks tear up the roof, scratch car paint, shit all over the place and can be aggressive. They can kill a cat with a well placed peck to the head.

Babysat the nursery and did a couple of my chores while I was there getting ready for vacation on Saturday. Yard work at the house tomorrow and Friday is house clean up and get everything ready to go for the cruise. Saturday is get up, eat breakfast, shower, load up and head to port around 11:00. Going out of Miami so it's a drop and go. I love cruising. Maybe what I really love is doing anything but work.
Posted on: 2019/7/17 18:28

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
GRIS, the iguanas' problem is they eat many types of plants and flowers and then go shit in the pool. They are only one of many invasive critters. The Tegu lizard, python, Agami lizard, peacocks, parrots and many more. Once they get a foothold it's over. All those mentioned have made South Florida their home. I don't like to kill anything unless I have to. The peacocks tear up the roof, scratch car paint, shit all over the place and can be aggressive. They can kill a cat with a well placed peck to the head.

Rx FOR SUCH PESTS: A GOOD QUIET AIR RIFLE OR A .22 WITH SUPER COLIBRI AMMO. IT'S ABOUT THE SAME RANGE AND POWER AS AN AIR RIFLE AND QUIET.

I DID MAKE IT TO THE VA, EVEN FOUND A GOOD PARKING PLACE FOR ONCE. THE OLD CARD HAD AN ADDRESS FROM 20 YEARS AGO. THEY COULDN'T CHANGE IT THERE, HAD TO SEND OFF SOMEWHERE, EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE MY CORRECT ADDRESS IN THE HOSPITAL'S RECORDS.
BUREAUCRACY IN CLASSIC ACTION :-(

THEN HAD BREAKFAST AT IHOP, FIRST TIME IN QUITE A WHILE. THE SERVICE AND QUALITY AT THE MUSKOGEE IHOP HAS BEEN SECOND CLASS FOR SOME TIME, BUT WAS UP TO PAR TODAY. THE WEST INDIAN BOSS WAS NOT IN EVIDENCE; HE WAS A NICE FRIENDLY LITTLE GUY BUT APPARENTLY NOT MUCH OF A MANAGER.
Posted on: 2019/7/17 20:20

vetteblondie Re: WEDNESDAY 17 JULY
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Our IHOP here has gone to the dogs. Used to be great but lately junk. McDonald's isn't my fave either, but of the 3 here one is great. We now have two Checker's places, they have a couple of things I like, but I am not supposed to have such delicacies. I do try to cook decently healthy for us at home and make good choices on the run most of the time.
Marcus, for your top, see if you have a Llumar automotive film dealer nearby and if so, see if they offer the CLR80. It's a near-clear film that they can tint your top panel with and it will block out a TON of the heat without adding color. We use it on windshields a lot as well as sunroofs here.
Slow day at work, hopin in passes quickly, fourth night of zero sleep.
Have a good un ya'll
Posted on: 2019/7/17 20:51

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: WEDNESDAY 17 JULY
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

We're fans of local eateries using fresh ingredients. Mama Mia's Italian, The Rexall restaurant in the drug store, a place called Keg South for burgers, fish sandwiches, wings and Shiver's BBQ which is a 1 of 1. We do eat at some chain restaurants but try to limit our exposure.
Posted on: 2019/7/17 23:02

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

We're fans of local eateries using fresh ingredients. Mama Mia's Italian, The Rexall restaurant in the drug store, a place called Keg South for burgers, fish sandwiches, wings and Shiver's BBQ which is a 1 of 1. We do eat at some chain restaurants but try to limit our exposure.

YEAH, I PREFER HOME OWNED PLACES ALSO.
HAD A YEN FOR FISH AND CHIPS SO I WENT TO THE "DEAD LOBSTER" IN MUSKOGEE FOR SUPPER. THE SERVICE WAS GLACIAL. I WAS ABOUT TO GET UP AND LEAVE WHEN A HARRIED LITTLE WAITRESS SCURRIED UP AND TOOK MY ORDER. SHE WAS RUNNING AROUND LIKE A CHICKEN WITH IT'S HEAD CUT OFF, BUT GETTING THINGS DONE; THE ENTIRE STAFF, WITH ONE EXCEPTION, LOOKED TO ME LIKE HIGH SCHOOLERS. (BUT THEN TO ME EVERYBODY LOOKS INCREDIBLY YOUNG) BADLY UNDERSTAFFED, I WONDER IF THE PLACE WILL LAST.

OF COURSE, THEY MIGHT HAVE JUST HAD A BUNCH OF NO SHOW EMPLOYEES.
Posted on: 2019/7/18 2:16

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.