Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
147 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

GRIS FRIDAY 9 AUGUST
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

HI Y'ALL---
Posted on: 2019/8/9 12:58

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: FRIDAY 9 AUGUST
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

IT'S RAINING ON THE INDN NATIONS THIS MORNING, GONNA BE A DRIPPY DAY LOOKS LIKE. I'M ABOUT RECOVERED FROM MY EXCESS WINDSHIELD TIME. FIVE HOURS ON THE ROAD DIDN'T USED TO BOTHER ME, NOT SO NOW :-( THE DOVE CROP SEEMED ADEQUATE, MY HOT SPOTS IN GOOD SHAPE, EXCEPT HIGH WEEDS THAT WILL MAKE FINDING THEM TOUGH.
Posted on: 2019/8/9 13:10

j3studio Re: FRIDAY 9 AUGUST
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

Ran a 5K in 28:53 yesterday evening—the fastest in over a decade. I can definitely feel it this morning.

Posted on: 2019/8/9 13:19

teebee Re: FRIDAY 9 AUGUST
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....Slept in this morning. Rosie and I are celebrating 44 years of marital bliss. Got another little shower last night, 1" of rain the last two nights. We;ll take it, but would take another inch or two tonight.

My sis called me yesterday asking for advice on a couple projects, so I told her we would drive up and see her today and look at them for her. So we are hitting the road pretty soon.

Gris, how far west do you come? 5 hours, is that each way? Congrats to you John on the time, I couldn't do it...

Have a great day.
Posted on: 2019/8/9 13:46

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Rosie and I are celebrating 44 years of marital bliss.

CONGRATULATIONS

Gris, how far west do you come? 5 hours, is that each way?

YES, WOULD BE FOUR DOOR TO DOOR, BUT I HAVE TO MAKE A DETOUR TO PICK UP MY HI-SCHOOL HUNTING BUDDY. THIS IS SAYRE, OK, ABOUT 30 MILES FROM THE TEXAS PANHANDLE.

DARLING WIFE CAME BACK WIT A MISERABLE URI FROM HER TRIP. THOSE SHIPS AND AIRPLANES ARE LIKE GIANT GERM INCUBATORS.
WORSE THAN KINDERGARTENS :-)

I'LL TY TO POST SOME CAR PICS:
THE TOMATO

THE BUMBLEBEE

HARVEY

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_1611.JPG (175.87 KB)
12496_5d4d7c0284916.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  IMG_1604.JPG (176.94 KB)
12496_5d4d7c67bf874.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  E-MAIL 2013 015.jpg (85.46 KB)
12496_5d4d7cdcf2bdb.jpg 448X336 px
Posted on: 2019/8/9 13:58

Ultraman Re: FRIDAY 9 AUGUST
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Just over 9 minute miles.....not bad for and old guy John... If I ran it there would be no one left at the finish line...they would all be home watching TV........ Hell I can't even run anymore anyway......

Going to a car show with about 12 other Corvettes this afternoon... its in a small village to the west of us..... they have free burgers so that brings in about a hundred cars of all types to the party.... free will donation of course...

First I have to spend some time cleaning up the beast.... don't want to be car shamed......

Have a wonderful day Guru's.....

Posted on: 2019/8/9 14:23

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: FRIDAY 9 AUGUST
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Just over 9 minute miles.....not bad for and old guy John... If I ran it there would be no one left at the finish line...they would all be home watching TV........ Hell I can't even run anymore anyway......

^^^ same!

Beautiful cross you made there!
44 years??!! Wow! Congrats on the anniversary, that's awesome!
Rained here early this morning, I got up way too early, it started raining again and I hit the couch for a couple hours. Just now getting my wits about me. Harbor freight has a sale (as usual) 20% off stuff, plus foldable saw horses are $8 and you get a 24 pack of AA batteries free. We use those things in everything. I usually get rechargables but free is free. They also have outdoor scissors I can use for less than $1. Might head there later along with Lowe's who I heard had plants on clearance. I need one more like I need a hole in my head.
Tommy - could you answer a question for me on a Pygmy date palm for zone 7-7b? Much appreciated - want to plant the thing it's not liking its pot -
Posted on: 2019/8/9 16:23

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: FRIDAY 9 AUGUST
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Letty, the Pygmy date palm will not survive the cold of winter. The resident expert said if necessary you could up the pot size, fertilize with a slow release fertilizer like Dynamite. Of course bring it inside in winter. Also check for an ant infestation and dust with diatomaceous earth or sevin dust if you find any. Marcus might be able to ship you a pallet of commercial grade pesticides or fertilizer at cost plus shipping.
Posted on: 2019/8/9 17:09

Ultraman Re: FRIDAY 9 AUGUST
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

I can get a semi loaded and headed your way VB.... it's kinda cool too because some of this stuff is so hot it makes the plant glow at night..... don't go near it or touch it ever again though..... the stuff has a half life...

Congrats Tee and Rosie..... you guys make a great team and we enjoy hanging out wid ya......

good looking C4's GRIS.... what year is the mello Yellow one?

Tommy I will take a pic of the plants you sent us...they took awhile to get going but they are thriving now.... thanks again.....
Posted on: 2019/8/9 17:21

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Congrats to Rosie and you, tee.

I upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10 since support for the old version ceases in November and now my computer browser is draggin ass again. I hate this $#!+. Fix something and f@(% something else up. This might be the solution for the home based computer. How's that for an update.
Posted on: 2019/8/9 17:27

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
good looking C4's GRIS.... what year is the mello Yellow one?

'96, IT'S A LITTLE GAUDY, I JUST TELL PEOPLE I STOLE IT FROM A MEXICAN :-)
RED IS '95, WHITE '87.

STILL DRIPPING ON US, INCH AND A HALF SO FAR. I CAN HEAR THAT DAMNED GRASS GROWING---
Posted on: 2019/8/9 17:36

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I like the jello mang.
Posted on: 2019/8/9 20:38

vetteblondie Re: FRIDAY 9 AUGUST
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

I have two, each are those three-trunk things, pot and all are about as tall as me. One I was considering planting the other would say in a pot. There are a few people here that 'winterize' palms outdoors but seems like a lot of hassle. I do have a very large Sago that I have to winterize as it's planted.
the pot I currently have them in is one of those plasticky/rubbery pots but decorative looking. Should I change it? I bought a bag of palm fertilizer last time I was in Fla, they don't sell it here. The other one is just fine in the pot it's in, not sure about the other. I did put an ant bait in there as a precaution and have used some antifungal all over the hedges and other stuff as well. I have English Laurel somethingoranothers and something's getting to them also.
Marcus if you send me a semi - include something that will dissolve campers that've been parked for two years and some weed killer for my neighbor who refuses to weed eat lol

Nice car pics Gris! I liked my 87 but preferred the 96. And, the car looks nothing like a Mexican one, a friend of mine in Taos bought a "mexicaned" one and he has a money pit on his hands.
Posted on: 2019/8/9 20:41

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: FRIDAY 9 AUGUST
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Back from sis's house and a laundry list of projects to do for her. That's OK I love my sis and look forward to seeing her while I do these projects for her.

There is a little car show tonight over in the 'city', so we'll go over, walk around the cars for a while, then I'll take Rosie out for a nice supper for our anniversary.

Thanks for the well wishes.
Posted on: 2019/8/9 21:46

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Went to reinstall an older version of Windows 10 and a solution suggested running a windows update. I did, rebooted and all is well again in home computer land. Faster than before all the mess began. We'll see how long it lasts.
Posted on: 2019/8/10 3:15

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.