Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  SBC
This stands for Small Block Chevrolet. The engine debuted in 1955 and remained largely unchanged until 1986. The initials are still used today to d...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee 8-14-2019
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....
Posted on: 2019/8/14 12:45

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 8-14-2019
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

HI TEE.

THE EASTERN BUNNY LIVES!
THE FOX DIDN'T GET HIM AFTER ALL---YET.

A NICE SUNNY MORNING, THE HUMIDITY IS DOWN AND THE CHEROKEES ARE MORE COMFORTABLE.
WE ARE TEMPORARILY CATLESS. TOOK BRAVE CAT TO THE VET CLINIC, COMPLAINING ALL THE WAY. DOGGY-DOC DAUGHTER THINKS SHE IS HYPERTHYROID, COMMON IN ELDERLY CATS AND TREATABLE. THEY'RE DOING BLOOD WORK, I'LL GO GET HER FRIDAY.
ALSO MOWED THE OBSTACLE COURSE WHILE IT WAS OVERCAST AND NOT SO HOT.

WILL TRY TO DO SOME TRIMMING BEFORE IT GETS HOT.

ALWAYS FORWARD, GURUS

Attach file:

jpg  tax.jpg (27.72 KB)
12496_5d540634bfc72.jpg 376X501 px
Posted on: 2019/8/14 12:58

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: 8-14-2019
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Bumpy night here...Thunderboomers from about the time we went to bed throughout the night and into the morning. But not a lot of rain.

Today I'm working on the bathroom cabinets, then back over to #2s house to work on a closet expansion. The closet expansion was something that came up, somewhat unexpectedly.

The house is something that has been added on to, multiple times over the years. The room in question was originally a front porch (unlike a Porsche ). It was closed in at some point, then turned into a bedroom, moving the front door to another location. Then recently, like three weeks ago, the corner of the original porch was enclosed to the corner of the house, to square things up and they had the house stuccoed, but that little, new, enclosed area was inaccessible. The thought was, at some point in the future, that the closet adjacent to it, would be enlarged.

Well, a little problem in that bedroom the other day, prompted me to say, "I think, now is the time to open up that area." #2 wasn't really ready, but agreed it was the logical time to do the modifications. GS#3 and #2s Step son helped me tear into the wall. Framed, concrete blocks, siding and all. I need to go over and true-up the blocks a bit before I frame up around that. Then SIL (electrician by trade) will need to do the electrical stuff before I hang rock, tape and finish.

He has been out of town working 6 days a week, 12 hour days on a school remodel. They have to be done with that job, obviously, real soon, as school starts there next week. So he hasn't seen the changes in person. This place means a lot to him as it was originally his grandparents home (dating back to the late 40s), Then after his grandparents passed, his mom got the house, she passed about 10 years ago and now he owns it. Lots of memories from him.

I got to get going guys....have a great day.
Posted on: 2019/8/14 13:17

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: 8-14-2019
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Good morning - sunny day here, nice out last night and early this morning. Was up every hour last night with this itching but the prednisone pack is helping. I took the whole top row (7 I think) when I got home to get a jump start and noticed immediate results. The hurting stopped, swellling started to go down, redness is going away but this danged itching is what kept me up all night. Tee I've never seen a reaction on me like that either. Got stung also on schin and it's just a tiny spot, bout size of a quarter, hurt a little, nothing else. Couple weeks ago I got stung though and had a large local reaction but nothing like this. Fingertips were getting cold so I called the doc. I'm due in at 6:45 tonight.
When you get done with that remodel I have some work lined up lol ;)
Have a great day
Posted on: 2019/8/14 14:17

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 8-14-2019
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

F'n wasps...... my ass is dragging today.....got some kind of head cold thing going on.......geez..... we had a bunny caught in one of our basement window wells and I had to go down and try to capture him and get him out....... damn those little guys are fast..... finally got him in a corner and got him in the bucket and handed him up to the other part of operation bunny rescue team and there he went into the tall grass....... we now find Easter eggs at our back door occasionally.... just trying to thank us I guess........

We have a lot of rain this summer in Nebraska but every time I look at the weather radar there is a huge cell going through Kansas it seems.... they have to be getting a lot of rain down there......

Gotta go now.......keep the shiny side up Guru's.....
Posted on: 2019/8/14 15:04

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: 8-14-2019
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Good morning - sunny day here, nice out last night and early this morning. Was up every hour last night with this itching but the prednisone pack is helping. I took the whole top row (7 I think) when I got home to get a jump start and noticed immediate results. The hurting stopped, swellling started to go down, redness is going away but this danged itching is what kept me up all night. Tee I've never seen a reaction on me like that either. Got stung also on schin and it's just a tiny spot, bout size of a quarter, hurt a little, nothing else. Couple weeks ago I got stung though and had a large local reaction but nothing like this. Fingertips were getting cold so I called the doc. I'm due in at 6:45 tonight.
When you get done with that remodel I have some work lined up lol ;)
Have a great day

THAT SOUNDS THE WOODPILE WASPS THAT GAVE ME SUCH A FIT A WHILE BACK. ONE STUNG ME ON A FINGER AND IT SWOLL UP, HURT ALL THE WAY UP MY ARM, ITCHED ALL DAY.

THOSE LITTLE BASTARDS HAVE SOME REALLY POTENT VENOM, PROBABLY SOME KIND OF NEUROTOXIN, AS A STING ON THE ARM DIDN'T HAVE THE SAME ILL EFFECTS AS THE HAND.
HOPE YOU KILLED EVER LAST ONE OF THEM :-|
Posted on: 2019/8/14 15:05

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: 8-14-2019
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Rain everyday. Not a lot of appreciable sunshine lately. This is not the South Florida norm. Usually you have half a day of sunshine. Some nasty afternoon thunderstorms. Then the skies clear for a pleasant but warm, humid evening. I'm gonna have to write Al Gore and see what he thinks this might be. On a positive note, the current weather pattern is not beneficial to the development of hurricanes. Think I'm going to spray the house for those little Vulcan piss ants then wash the cars in the carport. They are covered in a protective layer of dirt and dust. Been thinking more of selling off lately. No action but the thought is there none the less. Need to go through the house, garage and sheds and do a major purge of unnecessary stuff. Sell some, give some away, donate some, and of course, fill the trash containers. If I start now I could be done by New Year's Eve 2021.
Posted on: 2019/8/14 15:13

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.