Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
148 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Rear Hatch Release
There are releases on the trailing edges of each door and one under the center console.

The center console button will only work if the car is in...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee 8-18-2019
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...
Posted on: 2019/8/18 14:11

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: 8-18-2019
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Slept in some this morning.....I guess everyone else has too.

Not a lot on the agenda today, maybe I'll go out to the shop and do a little work....supposed to be near 100 today and over 100 tomorrow and up to 105 on Tuesday. Upper 90s the rest of the week. So work in the shop will be early in the day all week. Yes, I have AC out in the shop, but, the heat gives me a reason to cut back some.

I need to clean up the pickup too.

I hope all of you have had a good weekend and will have a great Sunday.
Posted on: 2019/8/18 14:23

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 8-18-2019
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Morning all......

Heading up to Omaha today to visit sister in law who has been diagnosed with a rare blood cancer and advanced lung cancer...... plus she has emphysema... we tried to get her to stop smoking for decades and she would not..... she is 62...... damn.... more on that later.....

Get out and live a little Guru's.....life is brief....
Posted on: 2019/8/18 15:11

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: 8-18-2019
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Afternoon all -
thank you for the well wishes on the wasp/sweatbee/horsefly attacks. Doc had me on a methlyprednisone pack all week and it immediately helped with swelling. Itching not so much. Think of 10000 skeeters biting you all at once and it never lets up for 3 days straight. No sleep and have scratched myself but with the help of yet another med from him, all is well. Miracles in chemistry. Never had anything do me that way.
been a busy last few days, worked outside Thursday at local college football field helping with installs, astro turf was very hot. I got too hot, we both did. Worked inside and outside the house Friday, tried to take off Saturday and was bothered by everyone wanting work done they sat on their hineys and put off till the last minute. they think it's up to us to fix it. And cousin in nursing home was admitted to hospital late that afternoon, send back in the middle of the night. I have visited today some, she's like a dementia patient due to the UTI (does that to old women). There are some equipped to handle that, however it's not my strongpoint. Stressed. Have a few things to do here, doc appts for foot tomorrow and hopefully be to myself that afternoon. I'd like just one whole day or a whole weekend without being pestered by something.
Tommy so very sorry to hear of your loss of your friend and those gator babies are CUTE!
Hope everyone has had a good weekend.
Posted on: 2019/8/18 17:43

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 8-18-2019
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Good send off today for my friend, Marvin. Celebration of life. I like those better than funerals.
Posted on: 2019/8/18 22:34

TommyT-Bone Re: 8-18-2019
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

CorvetteBob wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

I was thinking the other day about how my parents, all my aunts and uncles and most of the older folks I knew are gone. As one generation leaves another fills the void. Until that generation leaves.

I think we all have those recognitions at one time or another. I guess if I average the lifespan of my dad and his, I’ve got about 7-8 years left. So I’m doing what’s responsible and looking forward to the irresponsible, and just gonna live and work with what I got.

I've been thinking about my bucket list and I realize that my bucket is pretty full. I've done most of what I've wanted to do in life. From here on out everything is pretty much a bonus. Still have some National Parks I'd like to visit. Maybe see the Northern or Southern Lights (after smoking a joint) lol I don't really use marijuana but if it helps ...... I have a good friend that lives in Colorado. Next year just might be a good time for a visit.

Posted on: 2019/8/18 22:52

GRIS Re: 8-18-2019
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

GUNSHOW WAS SO SLOW, I'M NOT SURE IT EVER GOT STARTED.
I HAVE THE HEAD COLD FROM HELL AND FEEL LIKE MALLETIZED EXCREMENT. DARLING WIFE IN ARKANSAS. THIS HAS BEEN A VERY BAD DAY.
Posted on: 2019/8/19 1:26

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

captmike13 Re: 8-18-2019
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Good evening gang.

Glad your feeling better Leti. Prayers for your family Uman.

Been MIA for a while. Work has been busy and so has home life.
A couple weeks ago I self inflicted a disaster in the camper.
I accidentally blew out the black tank on the RV when I was rinsing it out. I thought the water was shut off but it wasn't. What ended up happening was the tank filled up and busted at the seems. So we've been without a potty for the last week. You all can imagine the Mrs mood was not to good about the whole situation. I finished that up today. So as long as we have the underbelly of the RV open we're going to add some preventive measures in place for winter. Heater pads for the tanks, insulated the main water pipe. We'll be adding extra insulation to help keep things warm for winter and cool for summer.

Posted on: 2019/8/19 2:01

captmike13@yahoo.com

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.