Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
164 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  MAP
Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor. A sensor used to meter air flow into the intake indirectly by measuring plenum pressure. This sensor is not as pre...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Thursday 08.22.19 Chat
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Thinking of you and your family, Gris.

I got the bottom layer of sheathing of the roof on the bathroom yesterday. Today I'm going to roofing paper then plastic before adding the top layer which will be the deck on the roof. I did not go to extraordinary means in leveling the beams hoping I would have a pitch in one direction or another. No such luck. The roof/deck is pretty level. I didn't want any water to pool up there. I came up with a fix that I will employ today. When I get the window and door framed I'll take a few pics. I'm doing this by myself so I'm getting a good workout hoisting the plywood sheets.I'm doing alright. I have a system.

I had a scary thought yesterday. On my next birthday I will officially be a senior citizen. I really don't like that term. There has to be a better one, like well experienced terrestrial.
Posted on: 2019/8/22 12:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Thursday 08.22.19 Chat
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Morning guys.....it's Thursday again, or maybe for the first time this week.

Cool this morning, 62, but the humidity is off the charts, so it doesn't feel very cool. Depending on which weather guru you listen to, highs will be upper 70s to upper 80s. I'm hoping for the former.

First day of school for the kids today....Rosie asked me if I was going to sleep in.... "because you can". No, I got up, took my shower, shaved and came down for my coffee and breakfast......no real hurry.

I have a few thing in the shop to work on, so I'll motivate myself to get going.

Have a great day.
Posted on: 2019/8/22 13:19

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Thursday 08.22.19 Chat
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I had a scary thought yesterday. On my next birthday I will officially be a senior citizen. I really don't like that term. There has to be a better one, like well experienced terrestrial.

HOW ABOUT "OLD FART"?
DOES "OLD FART" WORK FOR YOU? ;-)

I APPRECIATE THE KIND & THOUGHTFUL COMMENTS FROM YOU ALL. THE ONLY CASUALTY FROM THE WRECK WAS THE CAR, HE'D ONLY HAD IT A WEEK. HE THOUGHT HE HAD A PROTECTED LEFT TURN BUT DID NOT.

CLOUDY HERE THIS MORNING, IT'S RAINING ON THE OSAGES NOW, THE CREEKS AND CHEROKEES ARE NEXT, LOOKS LIKE.

AND IN GRANOLA LAND CROOKS AND JAILBIRDS MUST NOW BE REFEREED TO AS "JUSTICE INFORMED PERSONS". WOULDN'T WANT THESE THIEVES AND DRUG DEALERS TO FEEL SHAMED---

Attach file:

jpg  BACKSLIDE.jpg (26.73 KB)
12496_5d5e9dea16e7c.jpg 522X437 px
Posted on: 2019/8/22 13:44

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Thursday 08.22.19 Chat
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Dang it Gris......when it rains it pours...... I hope everyone is ok from the accident..... it's never easy......
Posted on: 2019/8/22 14:18

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: Thursday 08.22.19 Chat
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Gris, thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Glad everyone is ok from the accident, cars can be fixed .
Rained cats and dogs today at work, temp dropped a ton along with the humidity. I wasn't able to enjoy last weekend and now this weekend looks promising and now they're calling for rain all weekend.
Had a crazy day at work today, a dude that paints storefronts has retired and it's "paint the town red" week to support our college and the first game and we got slammed. I can't believe what all I got done in one day. Installer will have a busy weekend.
Hope everyone had a good day and evening.
Posted on: 2019/8/23 0:41

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: Thursday 08.22.19 Chat
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

sending the good thoughts out to you Gris and your family. I’m sorry I didn’t send this out sooner.
Posted on: 2019/8/23 5:02

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.