Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
205 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

teebee 8-28-19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....
Posted on: 2019/8/28 13:10

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: 8-28-19
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Another cool start, was down in the mid 50s but headed to mid 80s.

I have the computer to set up and lunch with the older folks today. Then when Rosie gets off work we are headed to FIL house. Tomorrow morning we load up FIL and head to Arkansas (Beaver lake) to celebrate dad's 90th birthday (4th). This is his IDEA of a party. We offered to host a big gathering for him at his church hall, so all the locals could come, but he wanted just a gathering of his kids (6 total), spouses and grands/great grands that could make it. So this plan was hatched.

Have a great day, I'll check in later...probably when this evening.
Posted on: 2019/8/28 13:19

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 8-28-19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Yesterday I went north for another delivery to the house about 14 miles away. Another hour and a half plus excursion. I went a different route but it didn't matter. Roads were at a crawl or stagnant. Then came back and swapped trucks, about 1/2 hour drive to get back. Then drove 40 miles south to the southern part of Key Largo. Less than an hour to get there. Having lived here for 40 years I hate the population explosion. When I moved here it was a great place. Now to me, it's Paradise lost. Fortunately where my home and nursery are is still comparatively quiet and rural. There is building out here, not too crazy about it, but it is still livable. Today I'm gonna go work out on the bathroom some more. I work on it here and there. It's not like I can dedicate straight time on it. Too many things to do beside that. So, I do a day or 1/2 day here and there. Cardiologist appointment tomorrow morning. The results are in ....
Posted on: 2019/8/28 13:27

GRIS Re: 8-28-19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

GOOD MORNING TEE---

SUNNY AND COOL HERE, BUT IT'S RAINING ON THE CHICKASAWS. OKLAHOMA WEATHER :-)

WHEN I OPENED THE CURTAINS THIS MORNING THERE WERE A PAIR OF GRAY FOXES IN THE FRONT YARD. WHITEFOOT THE BARN CAT IS BACK AT HIS POST AFTER THREE DAYS AWOL. HE REFUSES TO SAY WHERE HE WENT OR WHAT HE DID.

MAY HAVE TO MAKE A RUN TO WESTVILLE AND DELIVER PICTURES FOR FUNERAL VIDEO. THAT WILL BE A NICE DRIVE THRU THE HILLS IN THE BUMBLEBEE.

TEE THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT PARTY YOU ALL ARE HAVING.

Attach file:

jpg  BIDEN.jpg (38.87 KB)
12496_5d66827f05518.jpg 625X447 px
Posted on: 2019/8/28 13:28

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: 8-28-19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Teeb have a great time.... taking the Caddy I'm thinking.....

another beautiful day here in the midlands....... sunny and warm with a slight breeze rustling the leaves on the trees...... I will be out in it looking at corn and making yield predictions..... hint... it's going to be a bin buster.....

have a finest of days Guru's....
Posted on: 2019/8/28 14:58

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: 8-28-19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

JUST SO:

The king wanted to go fishing, and he asked the royal weather forecaster the forecast for the next few hours. The palace meteorologist assured him that there was no chance of rain.

So the king and the queen went fishing. On the way he met a man with a fishing pole riding on a donkey, and he asked the man if the fish were biting.

The fisherman said, "Your Majesty, you should return to the palace! In just a short time I expect a huge rain storm."

The king replied: "I hold the palace meteorologist in high regard. He is an educated and experienced professional. Besides, I pay him very high wages. He gave me a very different forecast. I trust him."

So the king continued on his way.

However, in a short time a torrential rain fell from the sky. The King and Queen were totally soaked.

Furious, the king returned to the palace and gave the order to fire the meteorologist.

Then he summoned the fisherman and offered him the prestigious position of royal forecaster.

The fisherman said, "Your Majesty, I do not know anything about forecasting. I obtain my information from my donkey. If I see my donkey's ears drooping, it means with certainty that it will rain."

So the king hired the donkey.

And so began the practice of hiring dumb asses to work in influential positions of government.

The practice is unbroken to this day.
Posted on: 2019/8/28 16:25

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: 8-28-19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Thanks for the political explanation of hiring dumb asses. Now we know how it started!
Very busy day at the office again, stuff has exploded around here, not sure why but I"m sure owner appreciates it as he's gone this week moving his freshman son into Harvard.
BF has asked me about a trip to Key West soon as he's not been and he's apparently figured out I'm stressed and sick of not being able to do anything or go anywhere. HE's a homebody. IT's either us do things or I'll live elsewhere and do them myself. If I will be by myself all the time I could've saved myself a house note and other bills. Perhaps he's getting the point. He's not old but he's old enough he needs to quit working like his body is 21.
It's up to me though to find us a place to stay. I've not been in years either, but want a beach front with amenities, oudoor cabanas, massages out doors, etc but away from obnoxious kids. And don't want a hurricane on my head
Posted on: 2019/8/28 18:23

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: 8-28-19
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Rosie called and said she was taking off a little early...so we can get to dad's place early enough to eat supper with him.

Yes Gris, I'm hoping it will be a good time. Kind of hard as a couple of the SILs are extremely liberal.... eeekkk!

Yes, taking the Caddy....we took the Corvette last time e went to this place...and if you guys remember, the last 5 miles was in a horrible washboard dirt road that took us 30 minutes to traverse. And, someone would be cranky if we took "James" as Rosie would have to ride in the back end with all the luggage. Not even wild about taking the Caddy on those roads, but I really don't need to spend the extra money on fuel for the pickup. Rosie will be home pretty quick.
Posted on: 2019/8/28 19:54

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: 8-28-19
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Hi guys, just checking in...
Posted on: 2019/8/28 21:26

TommyT-Bone Re: 8-28-19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Thanks for the political explanation of hiring dumb asses. Now we know how it started!
Very busy day at the office again, stuff has exploded around here, not sure why but I"m sure owner appreciates it as he's gone this week moving his freshman son into Harvard.
BF has asked me about a trip to Key West soon as he's not been and he's apparently figured out I'm stressed and sick of not being able to do anything or go anywhere. HE's a homebody. IT's either us do things or I'll live elsewhere and do them myself. If I will be by myself all the time I could've saved myself a house note and other bills. Perhaps he's getting the point. He's not old but he's old enough he needs to quit working like his body is 21.
It's up to me though to find us a place to stay. I've not been in years either, but want a beach front with amenities, oudoor cabanas, massages out doors, etc but away from obnoxious kids. And don't want a hurricane on my head

Don't forget to call before passing through Homestead. I'm on the way to Key West. Breakfast. lunch, whatever. I'll send you my phone number when your ready. Key West is about 3 hours south of Homestead. Much of it is 45 mph. Don't have any good hotel ideas for you so you'll have to hunt. Trivago? Kayak? Hotels.com. AAA, AARP ?
Posted on: 2019/8/29 4:41

j3studio Re: 8-28-19
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Don't forget to call before passing through Homestead. I'm on the way to Key West. Breakfast. lunch, whatever. I'll send you my phone number when your ready.

This, of course, is how Tom meets most of us.

Posted on: 2019/8/29 12:43

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.