Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
191 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Dana 36
This references the rear differential.

The Dana 36 was the smaller unit. It was used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes thru 1996...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 10.IX.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

GOOD MORNING---
Posted on: 2019/9/10 12:27

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 10.IX.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

SUNNY AND MILD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, THE HEAT SEEMS TO BE SLACKING OFF AND DAYLIGHT COMING LATER. YES, VIRGINIA, THERE IS A FALL :-)

DID GET THE REAR TIRES REPLACED ON THE BUMBLEBEE, BUT THE BATTERY CRAPPED OUT IN THE PROCESS AND LEFT ME DEAD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD AT A STOP LIGHT. I BUTTONHOLED A YOUNG MAN TO TAKE ME BACK TO THE TIRE SHOP AND THEY RESCUED ME AND INSTALLED A NEW BATTERY. ON THE WAY HOME THE CRUSE CONTROL WASN'T WORKING; I FOUND A VACUUM HOSE LEFT DISCONNECTED AND HOOKED IT UP. I HOPE THAT WAS THE PROBLEM.

I DID GET THE YARD MOWED, STILL GOT TO GET THE TRIMMING DONE TODAY. ALSO NEED TO CHECK ON THE RIFLE I ORDERED.

Posted on: 2019/9/10 12:37

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: 10.IX.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Brutal summer heat cycle continues and will for at least another 2 months. When we cruise next month I'm sure the temps will be significantly lower. Though I complain about the heat, the heat is my friend. When the cold winds of the north chill my bones to the marrow, the stiffness that accompanies it will have me rejoicing upon my return. A Chinese chiropractor told me years ago "A/C and cold not good for you. Better you be warm, like outside. I do spend a good amount of time outdoors. That has my dermatologist telling me "Stay indoors between the hours of 10 and 2. Advice I rarely heed. Cover up. Advice I rarely heed as the bullets of sweat drip from my brow. I do try to seek shade when possible. Well, the longer I sit here the less I get done. Later gurus.
Posted on: 2019/9/10 12:56

Ultraman Re: 10.IX.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Had to take one of the Yorkies into the vet this morning. He came back so loaded up with sand burs that it took us a half hour to get them out of his coat. He would not let us get the ones on his throat and around his mouth though and so he gets a trip to the vet.....they may have to sedate him they said. I'm sure that's cheap.... they are both scheduled for hair cuts on thursday....... life in corn country.....

not much else going on here right now..... nothing going on with the cars this week.... mowing there is always the mowing....... have a day of joy Guru's...
Posted on: 2019/9/10 13:51

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: 10.IX.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Here are some long ago promised pics of the bathroom I'm building using part of an existing animal pen. It's an add on to the office I built several years ago.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_5162.JPG (52.51 KB)
852_5d77b44d89712.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  IMG_5163.JPG (66.80 KB)
852_5d77b45db899f.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  IMG_5164.JPG (58.61 KB)
852_5d77b471c2688.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  IMG_5165.JPG (60.57 KB)
852_5d77b4921fcb7.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  IMG_5166.JPG (54.80 KB)
852_5d77b4a78dd53.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  IMG_5167.JPG (63.10 KB)
852_5d77b4bcea80d.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  IMG_5170.JPG (54.18 KB)
852_5d77b4ea43ef3.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  IMG_5169.JPG (66.32 KB)
852_5d77b500c5bd1.jpg 640X480 px
Posted on: 2019/9/10 14:36

teebee Re: 10.IX.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Hey guys...got up normal time this morning, but I haven't felt on top of the game, so I haven't done much...actually took a short nap and feel a little better. I am still waiting on a couple of projects to finalize before I can get going on those. That means I'm just treading water.

The heat isn't horrible, mid 80s now, but headed to the low 90s and humidity higher than what we normally have.

I reviewed the paperwork for prepping for my 'stress test' on Friday morning.

I'm thinking about going out to the garage and clay barring the pickup this afternoon. Washed it the other day, but it still has a rough feel to it. Claying and then Rejex should bring it back to where I like them.
Posted on: 2019/9/10 16:33

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

The project is looking good Tommy. Gris, I hope the left off vac line solves the problem on the cruise control....I'm betting it does. Marcus, where did the little guys get into sand-burrs? Your yard is perfect!
Posted on: 2019/9/10 16:37

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: 10.IX.19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Good afternoon y'all. Happy belated birthday to Sue, hope it was a good one.
Go hug your loved ones and let the "I love you's" be the first and last they hear. Compliment often, be kind to those around you as your kindness might be the last they experience.
Thoughts come to mind as on my FB newsfeed several have posted about losing someone just in the last few days. I got a message very early Saturday that my ex husband had passed away. He called me 6 months ago to "thank me for the inspriation" he said I gave him to work on stress and anxiety, health etc in order to get on a heart transplant list. He got a new heart on Groundhog Day. He also enrolled in classes at the local college and made the Vice Chancellors' list in May. He passed Sept. 3 his sister told me. Same age as me. He had an emergency quadruple bypass at 42 I think.
Also had the one in the nursing home to wind up in the floor a couple nights ago. They didn't send her out to be checked till the next day after she complained so much. Pisses me off. I have a video recording of her telling me "I hit the call button and no one came, I hollered and they still didn't come. I ended up in the floor and hollered till I finally fell back asleep, then woke up to everyone over me asking how I got there". Pisses me smooth off. Turns out there was ONE CNA working the entire building. I had a few words for the RN Sunday regarding that. Thinking I might need to see the atty.
anyway - hope everyone has had a good weekend and week.
Posted on: 2019/9/10 21:50

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Sorry, to hear about your ex, Letty. As far as elder care goes....most 'retirement homes' suck. Marcus is still trying to figure out what to do with his step-father, I think.
Posted on: 2019/9/10 21:57

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 10.IX.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Sorry to hear about your X VB...... I have a resolution that the Good Lord had a hand in. Seems there has been a shake up in management at the Nursing care facility we were having so much trouble with. They basically drained the swamp. New gal running things and she wants Grandpa to move back in with Ma in their assisted living apartment which is what should have happened from the beginning.

They will have folks from the nursing care facility one level up come down to AL and help him when needed. This is a huge relief for me and my Mom. So I go down on Thursday and move him out of hospice back in their apartment. Gram-pa is very pleased to know this. And the money will be way less then it has been.

appreciate all your thoughts on this.....the new management so far seems to be a whole lot better then what was there before. Think Trump replacing Obama.... yep its that good.
Posted on: 2019/9/10 22:12

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Well, 2 1/2 hours of work into the clay and Rejex. Pretty warm, so I was pooped by the time I was done. Spent an hour on the phone with Marcus on a computer issue, then I took another nap...just haven't felt up to par today.

Tomorrow, I will go up to Rosie's office and watch a Webinar on her retirement. She's pretty much decided to retire in February. We have an appointment with the SS people next month, as we have to figure out Medicare stuff and Rosie might start receiving her SS. Lots of things to figure out in the next few months.
Posted on: 2019/9/11 2:58

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.