Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
181 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone 09.11.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I don't have to remind you what day it is. Solemn thoughts for all those that needlessly lost their lives in the Twin Towers tragedy and the responders that lost their lives or contracted illnesses due to exposure to hazardous materials.

Attach file:

jpg  Twin towers.jpg (149.92 KB)
852_5d78e39b79ba2.jpg 570X839 px
Posted on: 2019/9/11 12:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: 09.11.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Plowing along with an abundance of chores. Weather has been decent outside of the oppressive heat. Sweat glands have been getting a good workout.
Posted on: 2019/9/11 12:10

j3studio Re: 09.11.19
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

I don't have to remind you what day it is. Solemn thoughts for all those that needlessly lost their lives in the Twin Towers tragedy and the responders that lost their lives or contracted illnesses due to exposure to hazardous materials.

Thank you, Tom.

Most of my father's side of the family still resides in the "bedroom" communities on the northern shore of New Jersey (Red Bank, Rumson, Highlands, Matawan, etc.). They, of course, work in Manhattan. I attended many funerals in the weeks following.

Posted on: 2019/9/11 12:49

teebee Re: 09.11.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys... Never forget! Although it appears that many have already.

Feeling a little better today.

Cool start this morning, but headed to the low 90s.

Posted on: 2019/9/11 13:26

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 09.11.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

I remember where I was when Kennedy got shot and on 911...... I was in 8th grade Government class when they announced over the intercom that the President had been killed. On 911 I was doing just what I did today. I was out in the kitchen getting coffee. Hwoman had left the counter TV on with the sound off. I was idly looking at it as I took my first sip of coffee and saw a plane fly into a building. My first thought was, what movie is that she was watching....... I turned the sound up and then discovered what has changed the way we live forever....... those sonsabiches......

Pray for America and for our leaders...... there is nothing wrong with this great country. It works and it works well but it's always a work in progress. The foundation we have to build on is not perfect but better than anything else that anyone has come up with and there are people out there that want to change that and we can't let them do it.

Have a blessed day Guru's........
Posted on: 2019/9/11 13:59

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: 09.11.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

SUNNY, MILD, AND HUMID IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. WENT OVER EARLY TO TAHLEQUAH TO GET A HAIRCUT. NO WAITING THAT WAY. HAD THE TOP DOWN ON THE TOMATO, NICE RIDE.

GOT THE BUSHES TRIMMED YESTERDAY, I'M THINKING ABOUT DOING SOME MAJOR PRUNING AROUND THE WEST PATIO. AND I8 NEED TO WEEDEAT AGAIN :-(

MARCUS: WASN'T THIS UP YOUR WAY?

Attach file:

jpg  DEATH OF ROMAN NOSE.jpg (13.18 KB)
12496_5d79022b2ed16.jpg 300X176 px
Posted on: 2019/9/11 14:17

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: 09.11.19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

I remember where I was on this day also, at the paper working and was standing in the newsroom when it all came on TV. Some of the images I saw after sent through AP were horrible. Public saw only a few, some of those actually taken weren' t published.
Marcus I'm glad to hear there will be some improvements with Grampa at the facility. The one here has changed hands and admins a few times. Of course her 'other' family that complains to me all the time came to visit and naturally my phone blew up. "She's lost weight" - of course she has, she was a 2x and needed too. "her legs are so tiny", yes, because she can't use them and has lost a lot of muscle tone. Happens when you are wheelchair bound and have no use of your legs. They need to take over the job.
Posted on: 2019/9/11 17:07

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: 09.11.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Well, it has warmed up. Rosie called and asked me to come up to her office as she had a couple things she wanted me to do. #1 was t take down the sign that pointed to her office (Well, toward where her old office was), so I brought up the tools I needed for that. #2 was "bring the leaf blower and blow off the sidewalk of all the sand that has accumulated in front of the building".....well that one was a bit more work. The way he building is built the fascia hangs down within about 4' of the ground and the dirt and junk blow in and it hadn't been cleaned up for a long time. So, I came home and grabbed a scoop shovel and filled to pretty big trash cans with the dirt. Then I went in and we listened to the webinar on her retirement system. a couple questions did arise and she will talk to her local rep to get those answered.
Posted on: 2019/9/11 20:17

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.