Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
180 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone 09 23 19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Hello!
Posted on: 2019/9/23 12:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: 09 23 19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Just got back from the airport. Left at 05:30. An hour up and 50 minutes back. Did I ever mention how much I hate to drive up the the big city? Sue's heading to Ohio for the week to attend her aunt's funeral so I'm home caring for the critters and backing up for the nursery as needed. I have the painter finishing up the container, electrician coming tonight after work to look at the job, plumber coming tomorrow to start the plumbing. My neighbor wants my help this morning setting an engine in his VW bug. Plenty to do. Never bored. Less than two weeks till we cruise out of NYC to Nova Scotia, Portland, Maine and Boston. First time I ever went to Boston by ship. Meeting family for coffee and dessert in the North End then lunch a little later in Boston at the wharf. Hoping to see some nice colors with the changing of the leaves. Something we don't have in South Florida. Love the crisp, cool air and walks in the woods when I was younger. Alrighty then. Let the second part of my day begin. Remember, if you don't do it it won't get done. ;)
Posted on: 2019/9/23 12:15

TommyT-Bone Re: 09 23 19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quick note. All the people moving here destroyed paradise. My little city of 25,000 now over 70,000. Biscayne Bay which most of it is in Biscayne National Park, is dying. Grass beds and species disappearing. Everglades are always under pressure. The Florida Bay needs it's fresh water flow from the north to keep healthy. The coral reefs from Ft Lauderdale south past key West have been dying a slow and painful death for decades now. The Key West of yesteryear is no more as well as growing populations in the Florida Keys. We would move but there is no place we really want to go.

Posted on: 2019/9/23 12:25

GRIS Re: 09 23 19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

CLOUDY, COOL, AND CALM IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. THE WEATHER WIZARDS SAY IT WILL CLEAR OFF SOME, BUT WHAT DO THEY KNOW?

I NEED TO GET THE TRUCK IN FOR TRANS AND COOLING SYSTEM SERVICE, BEEN TWO YEARS ON THAT. THE TOY CARS COULD USE A COOLING FLUSH AND NEW COOLANT ALSO.

I BOUGHT A NECKLACE IN ADVANCE FOR #4 GRANDDAUGHTER, THE "DRESSY BESSIE" OF THE BUNCH, AND DARLING WIFE WORE IT TO CHURCH YESTERDAY! WHAT KIND OF WOMAN SHANGHAIS HER GRANDDAUGHTERS BIRTHDAY PRESENT :-)

Attach file:

jpg  A HARE.jpg (24.49 KB)
12496_5d88c380eb3b4.jpg 477X603 px
Posted on: 2019/9/23 13:01

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: 09 23 19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

That's called giving it a test run Gris...... see if everyone likes it...

Sorry to hear that Tommy..... it's the boomers looking for the sun.... to many of them... I'm sure it will get better when AOC gets her Green New Deal in that will bankrupt us all and we won't be able to afford to drive much less be allowed to ...... unless you have an EV of course... they run on free electricity..... geez.......

You can always come out to the land of corn and live..... no long lines to get in here....... nice folks and beautiful corn..... come on up....

Damn....it's Monday already......now what?

enjoy your day Guru's......
Posted on: 2019/9/23 14:21

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: 09 23 19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

[quote]
TommyT-Bone wrote:

We would move but there is no place we really want to go.

HOW ABOUT SOMEWHERE AROUND LAMPASAS TEXAS, BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY, BLUEBONNETS IN THE SPRING, AUSTIN AN HOUR AWAY, DALLAS/FT WORTH THREE HOURS, GOOD ROADS, LOW TRAFFIC. NO HURRICANES :-)
Posted on: 2019/9/23 14:46

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: 09 23 19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys...Been busy since the git-go. Lots of room out here in western Kansas, Tommy.

It warmed up again today 89 now, but started this morning at 49. While it was cool, Rosie and I went down to the shed and mowed the weeds, and moved some lumber from one pile into a pile in a different location (next to the shed). A neighbor asked me if I would be interested in "renting" some space down by the shed for him to park a couple of trailers he owns. The lot where the shed (16 x 24) is, is 75' x 130' and chain-link fence all around, so, there is plenty of space to park a couple of trailers.

I did a little project for Father at his house and swapped out the sway bar endlinks on the rear of the Caddy. We kept hearing a clunking noise at times going over hard bumps, I originally thought it was shocks, but I replaced those and we still had the clunks. I couldn't figure out what it was and then I was reading a thread on the "forum" and someone said the end links were causing the clunking, so for $30 I figured it was a cheap try. I haven't driven it very much since then, but, it appears to have, at least, helped if not fixed the clunking.

Getting ready to go play golf, so I better sign off.

OH, Marcus, headed to Elsie NE tomorrow, up near Imperial.
Posted on: 2019/9/23 21:47

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.