Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Z16
Also known as the Grand Sport.

A one year special. 1000 were made to honor both the end of the C4 and the original racers, called Grand Sports, fr...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee 25-Sept-2019
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....
Posted on: 2019/9/25 12:14

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: 25-Sept-2019
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

I was MIA yesterday. Up early and headed north to Elsie, Nebraska. #1 GS and his s/o. It was a 4 hour trip up there...actually a little longer, because, the way I chose had road construction and a Detour, back to a longer way, which I had rejected. Took us about an hour to load up and secure everything and hit the road home. We didn't stop on the way up and it was about 1:40 when we left her parents' house. GS said he was hungry, and I asked where the closest place to eat was and she said they would go to Imperial, which just so happened to be on the way home (my second choice route). So we went there to eat (about a 40 minute stop) and then she wanted to stop by and see her Grandma, who lives there, and that was a quick stop. Then on the road home. One more stop in Goodland Kansas for fuel (Silverado was making good gas mileage, over 19mpg) and a pee. Then on home. Got back home and dropped off GS & s/o, picked up Rosie and headed over to the 'city' to unload their stuff. GS says again that he was hungry, so we took them out for supper. Then over to Menards to pick up a few things for a quick job at the church this morning and then home.....9:30pm. My but is dragging, but have a few things I need to do before going to bed. So get those done and head to bed a little after 11. I will say, I slept good.

This morning it is cool, mid 60s and will only make it up to the mid 80s. I'm headed up to the church pretty quick to swap some door knobs. We had another theft and father has come up with a possible solution. So I will make every effort to satisfy him.

At noon, it's lunch with the "old folks" at the Senior Center. And then I have a massage appointment this afternoon.

Tomorrow, Rosie and I will head for the mountains.

Have a great day folks.
Posted on: 2019/9/25 12:58

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 25-Sept-2019
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

A GRANDPA'S WORK IS NEVER DONE :-)

IT'S SORTA SUNNY HERE IN THE NATIONS, COOLISH, AND WET. WE GOT TWO AND A HALF INCHES OF RAIN YESTERDAY.

WASTED MONEY ON NOSTALGIA YESTERDAY, A REBUILT M16AI (SEMI-AUTO) LIKE I CARRIED TO VIETNAM IN 1966. IT DOES NOT HAVE THE PROPER FLASH-HIDER, BUT I CAN GET THAT CHEAP, AND CAME WITH A 30 RD MAG, WHICH WE DID NOT HAVE. I TRADED THAT FOR A 20 ROUNDER. AN EXPENSIVE WALL-HANGER. THE SAME GREAT MIND THAT SENT A JEEP-MOUNTED CAV TROOP TO NAM ARMED THE PLATOON LEADERS WITH A M16. I GAVE MINE TO MY MEDIC, WHO FELT UNDER ARMED :-)

I'LL TRY TO DO SOME STUFF OUTSIDE TODAY IF IT DOESN'T START RAINING AGAIN.

Attach file:

jpg  ImpeachmentArticles.jpg (93.75 KB)
12496_5d8b6a01e57f8.jpg 878X593 px
Posted on: 2019/9/25 13:19

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: 25-Sept-2019
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Any day is a good day when you get to be in Nebraska Tee.....

Glad you got all that done...sounds like you could use some time off...playing golf....

Nice day here...early fallish...... and I better get at this list of chores my beloved left for me so I don't get bored.....
Posted on: 2019/9/25 13:50

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: 25-Sept-2019
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Feels like fall here also, and it's gloomy looking out. Dreading this type of weather during the year, spikes the depression.
Tee that sounded like a busy day and bout made me tired reading all that. Sounded like a good productive day.
My day yesterday started with a chiropractor 'new patient' visit. Xrays and the usual 40 questions. Turns out I have mild scoliosis, which I knew and doesn't appear to have gotten any worse. However the new things of disc compression, spurs, calcification etc worry me. Said I had the spine of a 70-year old. Also, saw some early stages of degenerative arthritis in hips and a couple other places. Worries me also. I'm not old enough for this. My physicals have been coming back great then to see all that mess.
Hoping for a nice quiet day at the office today, not past going home and going back to sleep.
On the car front - does anyone elses's C6 bark at you to fasten your seatbelt when it's already fastened?
Posted on: 2019/9/25 14:00

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 25-Sept-2019
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

This age related body degeneration shit is for the birds. I've been battling spinal osteoarthritis and knee issues since my 20's. Makes it easier to bear since I've had arthritis related pain most of my adult life. I wonder if you might benefit from any nutritional supplements, Letty. Maybe some delicious fish oils or cartilage support stuff. I don't take them but they might help you. Working on the stuff I've been working on. Later.
Posted on: 2019/9/25 14:23

Ultraman Re: 25-Sept-2019
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Here you go VB.....all you will ever need to cure everything that ails ya..... Shark Tank can't be wrong...

https://timeless-owly.com/bng/new-remedy-for-arthritis2/?url={lpurl}&adgroupid=1268836720153576&adid=79302351941741&bidmatchtype=bb&campaignid=350812216&querystring=arthritis%20over%20the%20counter%20medication&targetid=kwd-79302614512634:loc-190&matchtype=b&device=c&keyword=rheumatoid%20arthritis%20pain&network=o&msclkid=22e54c3830201061ad0011b3b68da1ed
Posted on: 2019/9/25 15:29

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
My day yesterday started with a chiropractor 'new patient' visit. Xrays and the usual 40 questions. Turns out I have mild scoliosis, which I knew and doesn't appear to have gotten any worse. However the new things of disc compression, spurs, calcification etc worry me. Said I had the spine of a 70-year old. Also, saw some early stages of degenerative arthritis in hips and a couple other places. Worries me also. I'm not old enough for this. My physicals have been coming back great then to see all that mess.

LETTY, I WOULDN'T GET TOO CONCERNED OVER A CHIROPRACTOR'S COME-ONS. AS A GROUP THEY ARE A VERY COMMERCIALLY MINDED FOLK, AND WILL ALWAYS FIND SOMETHING THAT NEEDS TREATMENT. THERE'S GOLD IN THEM THAR ILLS :-)

YOU MIGHT GET AS GOOD RESULTS FROM A GOOD MASSAGE THERAPIST.
Posted on: 2019/9/25 17:02

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Tommy, I do take supplements regularly, I take a daily vitamin, Vitamin D3, Omega 3-6-9, progesterone cream, etc. I try to eat decent also. Not perfect but have made a big diet switch. Adding more protein, healthy fats and healthy carbs. I need to be up moving more, my job is 10 hour a day sit down. That isn't good for my back alignment or anything else, including hip flexors, digestive system, caridovascular system, nothing but a numb ass.
Marcus, there's truth to the CBD oil also but ensure you get one that has proper strength and avoid one with extras. A good reputable company will provide their lab sheets out in the open. Try Hempworx. I've even added a marijuana stock to my itty bitty portfolio.
Gris - a lot of Chiropractors do give the good ones a bad name. A good one will take information from you regarding pain issues, etc, and he will also do xrays to determine there isn't an other undlerlying issue before he treats you. If he sees anything beyond his scope he will refer you to the appropriate medicdal professional. If they do not do this, leave and decline treatment. All your organs and body parts are controlled by nerves. Those run from your brain through your spinal column and branch out to other areas to provide information pathways to the organ/part. Think of plugging a lamp in then setting a refrigerator on the cord. Cord damaged, lamp wont' work right. Similar principle. What most don't understand is that yes, it takes more than one visit. Your muscles have to be taught to hold a bone in a new position. That's impossible to do with just one adjustment. You can't build biceps with just one pushup, it takes several. And, most chiropractors have many more clinical hours required for licensing in additional to regular MD. Check credentials before you accept treatment. The one I visited has been here practicing for 25 years or so and was a colleague of someone else I used to be treated by.
Massage therapy is also beneficial if you have a good massage therapist. Medical massages are wonderful and sometimes insurance will cover.
Agreed this age related shit is for the birds. I'm not having any of it if I can help it. I have a skateboard, dirt bike and four wheeler I want back on and a kickboxing bag that still has my name on it at the gym. I plant to get back to them.
Posted on: 2019/9/25 20:07

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I believe the connection between the nervous system and other functions and nerves throughout the body. I have had remarkable recoveries from acupuncture treatments but I fail to continue treatments beyond initial stages. I had years of chiropractic treatment from a reputable chiropractor but in the end I felt I was not making any significant gains. I still had back pain. I always found opioids helpful but all they do is mask the injury. Thinking of trying Mary Jane therapy but it usually makes me sleepy and socially removed. I understand though that there are hundreds of strains. Maybe I need to sample some and see if I can find one that works for me. Maybe one that if you say something like "Hello" I 'll fall on the floor laughing. Medical marijuana is legal in Florida.
Posted on: 2019/9/25 20:54

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Tommy, there are hundreds of strains of weed, and basic classifications of sativa and indica. Sativa is more a benfit for elevated activty whereas Indica is more for relaxation or prior to sleep. There's many strains of each individually and mixed. This is where CBD oil becomes handy. You get the beneficial effects without the 'high'. It's my opinion thus far that there's no need to 'smoke weed' for issues when CBD is readily available and less costly.
Regarding chiropractic care, you not receiving benefits goes back to what I mentioned prior about the doctor evaluating your case to determine if a different course of treatment would be more helpful. For example, if you have spurs or herniations, that's a surgical issue for which he should refer you. That's not something he can help as it's a physical deformation issue. Tight muscles pulling your bones the wrong way causing pressure points between otherwise normal discs, etc, is somethng he can remedy. Also, for pain, have you tried biofreeze?
Posted on: 2019/9/25 21:44

Resized Image

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Also, for pain, have you tried biofreeze?

WHAT PROOF IS BIOFREEZE?
Posted on: 2019/9/26 0:00

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Also, for pain, have you tried biofreeze?

WHAT PROOF IS BIOFREEZE?

LOL
Posted on: 2019/9/26 1:45

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Massage was wonderful. My therapist is very good. Asks me about my issues/complaints/concerns and gives extra attention to those.

Not much else accomplished...car is loaded and we are ready to leave as soon as we get around in the morning.
Posted on: 2019/9/26 1:50

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on biofreeze. I have been using Bengay fading scent. I tried IcyHot and doesn't come close to the relief I get from BenGay. Hot shower, ibuprofen, Bengay on my back and knees, then spray my exposed parts with Coppertone 30. The more I move the looser I get till it starts going the other way. Then the later it gets the tighter I get. An evening hot shower and another round of ibuprofen and some time in the recliner usually does the trick. If I can drink N/A beer I guess I can do cannabinoids without THC.
Posted on: 2019/9/26 3:23

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.