Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Seats
Both could be power, neither could be.

However, if they are, they should move fore/aft and up down with little more than an electric motor whine....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone 10 Fourteen 19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

How D?
Posted on: 2019/10/14 12:37
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: 10 Fourteen 19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

GMCG's
Trip was less than stellar. Airline delays, weather issues (Tropical Storm Melissa), a grumpy wife all made for a trip I will soon forget. The ports of Halifax, and St John in Canada were nice to see. Portland, Me. and Boston stops were cancelled due to the ports being closed because of the tropical storm. 20 ft. seas made for a lot of rockin and a rollin. Sue and I did not get sick but a number of passengers and crew were affected. Gambling sucked overall but did manage to stay ahead till the third night. Oh well. Life goes on. I'm sure December's escape is sure to be better ... and shorter. Only a 4 day New Years getaway planned for that one.
Posted on: 2019/10/14 12:47

GRIS Re: 10 Fourteen 19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

IT'S MONDAY AGAIN---DIDN'T WE JUST HAVE ONE OF THESE LAST WEEK?

A BEAUTIFUL MORNING IN THE NATIONS, FALL HAS RETURNED AND THE CHEROKEES APPROVE OF THIS WEATHER. A SUNNY 50 DEGREES OUT THERE, HIGH IN THE 70'S PREDICTED.

AUTO ROTATION TODAY, THE BUMBLEBEE MOVES TO THE READY RACK AND HARVEY GOES IN THE BARN. TIME TO PUT THE GLASS TOP BACK ON HARVEY, I'M TIRED OF MY HEAD BRUSHING THE HEADLINER :-)
I PUT THE SOLID TOP ON SO THE AC CAN KEEP UP IN THE OKLAHOMA SUMMER AND SWITCH IT OUT WHEN IT GETS COOLER.

NEED TO FIGURE UP WHAT LUMBER I'LL NEED TO BUILD A NEW DOGHOUSE.

Attach file:

jpg  TWO HOLER.jpg (45.15 KB)
12496_5da473cc9c15c.jpg 555X472 px
Posted on: 2019/10/14 13:02

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

bogus Re: 10 Fourteen 19
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

whew... it's been crazy in our world... the suburban has been down due to a number of issues. Finally got it running again...

Bastet44 closed her retail store at the end of August, and the house is a bit of a mess... add in the fact we had guests Monday and again Saturday... that ment "hiding" things and lots of vacuuming... and my knee is still not perfect.

sigh... too much going on and not enough time!
Posted on: 2019/10/14 13:28

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
whew... it's been crazy in our world... the suburban has been down due to a number of issues. Finally got it running again...

Bastet44 closed her retail store at the end of August, and the house is a bit of a mess... add in the fact we had guests Monday and again Saturday... that ment "hiding" things and lots of vacuuming... and my knee is still not perfect.

sigh... too much going on and not enough time!

GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU ANDY!
Posted on: 2019/10/14 13:32

Matatk Re: 10 Fourteen 19
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Yesterday I got to work on my car most of the day. I tinkered on other things in the garage in between. I got the lower intake manifold installed. That's done and torqued down. I started to install the lower runners and fuel rail. When I was looking for my extra gasket set a realized I didn't have one. The gasket set is $50 and takes 3 days to ship. Great. There are 7 gaskets total in the set. I had the four bottom gaskets from other kits so I decided to make the top runner gaskets. That took me a good 45 minutes but I have them. I installed the one side and the fuel rail. When I pressurized the system I found one of the o-rings on the fuel rail crossover tube was leaking. So I had to take that off and disassemble everything. Of course I don't have the correct size o-ring in my kit so I have to go to the parts store today. So that was a bummer.

Hope everyone has a great day
Posted on: 2019/10/14 14:19

Ultraman Re: 10 Fourteen 19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

if it ain't one thing its another right Matt?

Sorry about the less than Stellar trip Tommy..... bummer dude!

We got word that Aunt Deb my sister in law has been moved to ICU and the end is in sight. Lynn has gone up to be with the family..... nothing they can do...she was to far gone when she finally went to the doctor.

Live everyday Guru's....
Posted on: 2019/10/14 17:41

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: 10 Fourteen 19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Sometimes not going to the doctor is the right thing to do. I avoid the practitioner/pill pushers as much as I possibly can though I could use a lifetime supply of opioids for my aching back. It's getting worse. It's not abuse if you need them, right? Do they have any back pain weed? I've got to do something soon. I can't continue on with this forever. Any back pain meds that actually work? My Bengay helps a little for a short while. I need something like all day strong Aleve. You know, take the 12 hour dose and your smiling, riding bikes, golfing and dancing. Pretty much all advertised meds have a smile as a side effect. Psoriasis, Crohn's disease, HIV preventative meds, depression. Whatever they're taking, I want some.
Posted on: 2019/10/14 23:00

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Sometimes not going to the doctor is the right thing to do. I avoid the practitioner/pill pushers as much as I possibly can

ME TOO. DOCTORS CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH, AND IF YOU KEEP GOING BACK AND DEMANDING THEY DO SOMETHING THEN THEY WILL, AND YOU MAY BE SORRY.

ONE OF MY OLDTIME MENTORS, AN MD, HAD A SAYING:

90% OF THE PHYSICIAN'S ART IS KEEPING THE PATIENTS MIND OCCUPIED WHILE HIS BODY HEALS ITSELF.

UNFORTUNATELY OLD AGE CURES ITSELF IN A RATHER DECISIVE FASHION---THE DISEASE MAY BE BETTER THAN THE CURE :-)
Posted on: 2019/10/15 0:12

teebee Re: 10 Fourteen 19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys...up early to see the kids/grands before they went to school/work. Then jumped in the PU and headed west. Stopped a couple times on the way back. Top off the fuel, Bathroom break, FILs and ate lunch, Top off fuel again and bathroom, Then in the 'city' to pick up a few things, then on home.

Once home, I unloaded the PU and then stated assembling the Pit Boss grill. The one I ended up with was "new" but the box had been damaged and when I picked it I asked the lady if everything was there, Manual? "Yes" Well I unpacked everything and no Manual, so assembly was a by guess and by golly. Figured everything out, except two pieces. After assembly, I came in and found the manual on line....OH, that's where those go.... I'll fix it tomorrow. I'll also buy a pack of pellets and "condition" it as well.

It turned out to be a really warm day here, we saw 89 on the PU thermometer just outside the 'city'. Not sure what the rest of the week will bring, the weather tonight should give me a clue.
Posted on: 2019/10/15 3:08

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.