Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
164 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  L98 Intake Bolt Sizes
This is data compiled by CentralCoaster. It lists all the bolt sizes for a stock L98 intake manifold and some of the attachments.

These are commo...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Dec. Fo 2019
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

GMCG's
Posted on: 2019/12/4 12:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Dec. Fo 2019
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Yesterday a friend ours was out looking for a few photo opportunities. She was out in a farmers field and one of the workers told her she could get a nice sunset shot if she climbed the berm at the end of the field. It overlooks the everglades. As she ascended the hill she slipped and fell. She grabbed a couple of tree branches and struggled
to her feet. Looking down she noticed a snake curled near where he face had just been. At first she thought she had encountered a Burmese Python. She took a pic and sent it out to her friends. One of her viewers messaged back. "Get the f@(% out of there. That's a rattler." which in fact it was. We all chided her and told her she was lucky she didn't get bit. She was out in the middle of nowhere and if they had to come get her they probably would have had to send a helicopter. Turns out it was a Pygmy Rattler. My biologist neighbor had just posted the day before that the Eastern Diamondback Rattlers are out in force right now. Guess I won't be doing any trail walks anytime soon. ;)

Attach file:

jpg  Pygmy rattler.jpg (105.39 KB)
852_5de7b6a66890b.jpg 960X937 px
Posted on: 2019/12/4 12:52
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2019/12/4 13:37:47

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Is this the phone store Matt.....

That's a Vulcan riot.
Posted on: 2019/12/4 12:55

GRIS Re: Dec. Fo 2019
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

CLEAR AND COLD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, I'M OFF TO TAHLEQUAH FOR A HAIRCUT---
Posted on: 2019/12/4 13:14

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

This looks cool to me. Re-purposed hutch.

Attach file:

jpg  repurpose.jpg (66.36 KB)
852_5de7b7f0981b2.jpg 720X960 px
Posted on: 2019/12/4 13:44

Ultraman Re: Dec. Fo 2019
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Good Morning fellow travelers...... sun is out and I am headed out to work in the fields before it gets to muddy..... ground is froze a bit now so not so muddy....

not much else to report.... more later as it develops...... have a nice day Guru's.....
Posted on: 2019/12/4 14:24

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Yesterday a friend ours was out looking for a few photo opportunities. She was out in a farmers field and one of the workers told her she could get a nice sunset shot if she climbed the berm at the end of the field. It overlooks the everglades. As she ascended the hill she slipped and fell. She grabbed a couple of tree branches and struggled
to her feet. Looking down she noticed a snake curled near where he face had just been. At first she thought she had encountered a Burmese Python. She took a pic and sent it out to her friends. One of her viewers messaged back. "Get the f@(% out of there. That's a rattler." which in fact it was. We all chided her and told her she was lucky she didn't get bit. She was out in the middle of nowhere and if they had to come get her they probably would have had to send a helicopter. Turns out it was a Pygmy Rattler. My biologist neighbor had just posted the day before that the Eastern Diamondback Rattlers are out in force right now. Guess I won't be doing any trail walks anytime soon. ;)

THE PYGMIES HAVE A PARTICULARLY VIRULENT VENOM. ONE OF BIG DAUGHTER'S FRIEND'S DAUGHTER STEPPED ON ONE ON THEIR BACK STEP AND GOT BIT. THEY HAD A HARD TIME FINDING THE PROPER ANTIVENOM FOR HER. NO LASTING ILL EFFECTS. I TOLD THE GIRL TO BE SURE AND WEAR BOOTS WHEN SHE WENT STOMPING RATTLESNAKES. SHE PROMISED SHE WOULD :-)
Posted on: 2019/12/4 15:16

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

LOOKS REALLY GOOD TO ME ALSO. MAYBE SOMETHING FOR TEE TO TRY---
Posted on: 2019/12/4 15:18

vetteblondie Re: Dec. Fo 2019
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Don't dig snakes no matter what they are. Lucky she didn't get bit, would've required a change in pants for me after however.
Tommy, I just saw that hutch posted on FB. It was a hutch that was a two-part unit they hung one and put the other on the floor and did to match other cabinets. I love the idea. I'm needing a small china type cabinet currently and this is a good idea for me provided what I find I can get finished to match the rest. Otherwise it would have to be a unique stand-alone piece.
Nice out here today, currently in the middle of a radio live remote but that's for the tint side, not me so all is quiet over here.
Have a good day!
Posted on: 2019/12/4 19:09

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

j3studio Re: Dec. Fo 2019
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Furniture people, please explain. I would have walked on by this without noticing anything unusual.

Posted on: 2019/12/4 19:31

Matatk Re: Dec. Fo 2019
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Is this the phone store Matt.....

Yup, it was just like that! Actually it was a very good experience.

Posted on: 2019/12/4 19:59

Matatk Re: Dec. Fo 2019
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Furniture people, please explain. I would have walked on by this without noticing anything unusual.

It was originally a standing dining room China cabinet / buffet. They either separated it (if two pieces) or cut it in half. Bottom got a counter top, top was hung on the wall.
Posted on: 2019/12/4 20:01

vetteblondie Re: Dec. Fo 2019
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

This is the post that I referenced above for the cabinet, the page I saw it on was a group I"m in (Mid Century Modern). It was shared from a Habitat for Humanity site. The HFH site post links the creator's FB page as well:

https://www.facebook.com/ComoxValleyReStore/posts/1756750481124827
Posted on: 2019/12/4 22:27

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Elite Guru
4245 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:

It was originally a standing dining room China cabinet / buffet. They either separated it (if two pieces) or cut it in half. Bottom got a counter top, top was hung on the wall.

Thank you.

Posted on: 2019/12/5 0:30

Elite Guru
4245 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

This is the post that I referenced above for the cabinet, the page I saw it on was a group I"m in (Mid Century Modern). It was shared from a Habitat for Humanity site. The HFH site post links the creator's FB page as well: https://www.facebook.com/ComoxValleyReStore/posts/1756750481124827

Thank you—we have been Habitat supporters for decades.

Posted on: 2019/12/5 0:31

teebee Re: Dec. Fo 2019
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Hey guys.... been another busy day. Installed the microwave, oven and dishwasher (minus the actual plumbing hook ups, I drilled holes in the cabinet sides to feed the hoses, connected the electrical) Then in the afternoon I thought I'd get a chance to work on those cabinets and just barely got started , when Rosie calls me.... "Will you be able to go down to the lumber yard and get their fork lift to take a refrigerator off the FedEx truck?" "Sure, when is it going to be here?" "It's sitting in the alley now waiting for you...." Well, F@*K. So I jump in the pickup and run down to the lumberyard and tell them I need the fork... "The keys are in it." So I park the pickup and go try and start the fork.....rhuh, rhuh, rhuuuuh, The freaking battery is dead...sh!t. So I go back in and ask them about jumping it, "Sure! But we don't have jumpers." "That's OK, I do." So I get back in the pickup and pull around where the fork is and it takes us about 10 minutes to FIND the battery and another freaking 10 minutes to wrangle the cables around to where we can actually hook them up. Rur, rur, rur....still no start. About that time the owner pulls up and wonders what we are doing (he's been gone for lunch). "well." he says, "we need some starting fluid." so off he goes to find starting fluid, I try again and it almost wants to start, he comes back (without any starting fluid) and says "Did you hod the glow plug button down?" "No, it is 54 degrees, does it need to have that done?" "Well, that' what happens when it gets cold." I hold the glow plug button down for a little bit, and it fires up. I drive across town and, thankfully the FedEx guy is waiting patiently. I get it unloaded, set it down where Rosie wants it by the back door and I head back......well, basically it took a freaking hour to do what should have been a 10 minute job. Back to the shop and I actually get the cabinets ready to go out to the finisher by 5:30 pm

I'll take those out tomorrow.

Didn't get as warm as they said today, but it was still pretty nice for the first part of December.

Time for bed.
Posted on: 2019/12/5 4:55

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.