Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
216 user(s) are online (188 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Driver Information Center
Also known as the DIC.

This is the display readout panel on the dash. It's above the radio for 1984-1989; above the climate controls, 1990-1996.
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

GET A TIGHT GRIP ON YOUR RABBIT'S FOOT GURUS---
Posted on: 2019/12/13 13:35

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote: All the while, I'll be smoking a pork butt.

SOUNDS GOOD, BUT CIGARS ARE EASIER TO LIGHT ;-)
Posted on: 2019/12/13 13:39

TommyT-Bone Re: FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Rainy day around here yesterday. I was caulking in the bathroom. Should finish caulking today. A couple of walls, around a big window and all around the new shower stall. Then I can start on the primer. My movements are stiff and robotic but I tackling it. Slower too I'm sure. Everything takes extra effort. Have to try to put a major dent in the project this weekend. The 91 Corvette got a coolant flush, thermostat, housing gasket and a new battery. I had them check all my hots and grounds since they have a lift at the shop. Got out with a very reasonable bill. So the Vettes and 911's are all in pretty good driveable shape right now. LOL Still need to work on the light motors. Talk about putting off a job. I've needed to change the motor gears on the 90 Corvettes right headlight motor since 2003. It's not functioning at all now so it's something I have to do. There is always the manual operation option. So it's not urgent.
Posted on: 2019/12/13 13:59

istter1 Re: FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Heat wave Tod maybe 65.
Fun Friday at school today
Posted on: 2019/12/13 14:05

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

SEMI-SUNNY AND COOL IN THE NATIONS. DARLING WIFE IN A FRENZY OF ACTIVITY PRIOR TO A HEN PARTY TOMORROW. I HAVE BEEN CONSCRIPTED AS FORCED LABOR. BAD LUCK INDEED!
Posted on: 2019/12/13 15:18

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

I know how you feel, GRIS. Sometimes I get conscripated.
Posted on: 2019/12/13 15:33

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Posted on: 2019/12/13 15:46

vetteblondie Re: FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4641 Posts

Constipated? No wait I read that wrong. Generates similar results at times.
I’ve been trying to tidy up the house, get a bill or two paid and some snacks bought and pot of beans made. Have my body shop friend I worked for and his wife due any minute from Tebbetts, Missouri. Figger they’ll be hungry and in need of beer or coffee.
Y’all have a good un
Posted on: 2019/12/13 22:00

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14728 Posts

what do you think Topeka would give for camping in an old Winnebago?

Topeka isn't a bad town...... have not hung out there much though....to close to Lawerence ....... home of the far far left.....

up early with meetings on the docket and then back to walk the doggies and now going to enjoy a Bud lite Chelada........ big damn can is all I know..... I always did like a red beer back in the day.....

Uwoman's mom's 90 bday this weekend in a small village to the north. The Clan will be gathering to celebrate this momentous occasion...... I suspect the beer will flow.....and the food will be many.....

Have a finest of weekends Guru's...
Posted on: 2019/12/14 0:14

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

GOT ALL SET UP TO RE-ZERO THE AIR RIFLE, NEW TARGETS, MEASURED TEN METERS, SANDBAGS, REST, A MAJOR OPERATION. LO AND BEHOLD IT SHOT THE HI-END PELLETS TO THE SAME POINT OF IMPACT AS THE WALLYWORLD SPECIALS, EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE TWO GRAINS HEAVIER.
GO FIGURE--- I'VE GOT A LOT TO LEARN ABOUT AIR RIFLES.

DARLING WIFE ALL SET FOR HER HEN PARTY TOMORROW. SAD TO SAY, I HAVE URGENT BUSINESS ELSEWHERE AND WILL HAVE TO MISS ALL THE FUN. AS THEY SAY IN MONTY PYTHON'S HOLY GRAIL, "RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY":-)
Posted on: 2019/12/14 1:06

Matatk Re: FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Good Evening CGs!

RR#2 is sick. He missed school today along with a trip to the doctor. Apparently a nasty virus going around with the elementary aged kids.

Had to get a new phone today. The old one lasted a hair over two years. It was maxed out with storage space but to top it off the speakers quit working. Hard to make a phone call that way. T-Mobile had a BOGO promo so the BIL each got a new phone and split the cost.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2019/12/14 1:48

teebee Re: FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Hey guys...slept in a bit, then got up and prepped the pork butt for the grill. Pre-heated the grill and filled the hopper with pellets. Put the butt on and then went out to the garage and backed out the pick up and the Caddy out of the garage, let 007 down and moved it to the other side.

I jacked up the back end and pulled the rear tires off and started the brake job. It went more or less uneventful. By noon I had the rear brakes done, but I didn't put tires on or let it down, because I was waiting for the FedEx guys to deliver the shocks. So I started the front passenger side brake. Just about the time I had them pulled, the fedEx guy showed up. So I finished the brake and and installed the shock there. Then I moved to the driver side front and pulled that side off.

By then the smoker was calling me, so I washed up a bit and checked on my butt. 4 hours open smoke, I inserted the temp probes, wrapped it up in foil, checked the temp of the butt (158) and set my timer for two hours.

Back to the brakes and shocks. I will say swapping shocks on a C6 is tougher than the C5 (at least the front) Not a lot of room to access the top nuts from the wheelwell, and to access from under the hood, you have to remove things (overflow tank and the fuse box) I struggled with the passenger side, because moving the fuse box would have been a PITA. The drivers side, the overflow tank came loose and moved pretty easy. Installing Bilstein Shocks is way better than OEM stuff. they have an allen wrench socket in the top that is pretty easy to utilize along with a ratcheting end wrench. So I finished up the fronts and headed to the rear, to add the shocks and the alarm went off again to check the butt

Clean up a bit and checked the butt and the temps were 195 and 198, the documentation says needs to be up to 205....so I set the timer for another hour and head back to the garage.

Putting the shocks on the back is way easier than the fronts. I finished up the shocks. I started putting the tools up (after cleaning them) The alarm goes off again, so I clean up my hands and go check the temps.

This time both were at 208 so I shut the grill down and just let the butt sit in there to start cooling.

Back to the shop where I finish up the brakes/shocks and putting the tools away. By now, it's getting close to sundown. So I move the pickup and Caddy out of the drive to take 007 out for it's maiden run with new brakes and shocks. Before even getting out of the drive I pump the brakes up, about 5 times, then the peddle feels good and solid. Out to cemetery road to do the 5, 40 to 10mph aggressive stopsm then 5, 35 to 5mph moderate stops, then drive at least 5 minutes to allow them to cool down, before stopping, so a drive over to the next town (6.5 miles) and back allowed that to happen.

Back home I backed 007 onto the lift, and put him to bed with his blanket, pulled in the pickup and Caddy. Then out to bring the butt into the house (it's been resting for an hour and a half) and start "pulling" it apart. I must say, my first attempt at smoking a butt was a blazing success, Tender and, most importantly, tasty.

Thank goodness it was a great day, upper 50s, but the cold front hit us just about the time I was finishing up in the garage...it will be a different type of day tomorrow.
Posted on: 2019/12/14 4:00

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.