Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Backspacing
A wheel dimension measured from the hub mounting surface to the inner sidewall of the tire, usually measured in Inches. It determines how much tire ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Friday Chat 12.27.19
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

I apologize that I was missing for the past couple of days. Holiday time is family time and I didn't get online too much.

That being said we had a wonderful Christmas surrounded by family. The kids were very lucky and got a lot of gifts. No complaints as far as I know.

We've also been enjoying the 50+ degree weather with no snow. It's supposed to cool off now from what the weatherman says. Oh well.

John, it's belated but I'm terribly sorry to hear about your brother. As hard as it is alone, being around the holidays makes it worse. Your family is in my thoughts.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Posted on: 2019/12/27 6:22

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 12.27.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

G'mornin.

Went out to a family breakfast at Havana Harry's yesterday. Around 18 of us. Set a bunch of tables together. Good eats. My nephew (brother's son) stopped in with his mom and step dad. We spent the day together. He offered me my brother's 87 Corvette to restore. Alas, I reluctantly turned him down. I paused but explained I have many cars that I can barely keep up with and don't have the time or the funds to dedicate to a new project. Sue was rather surprised at my decision. I told Brendan he pretty much had three choices. One, do nothing and just leave it in the garage. Two, sell it for short money because of it's condition. Or three, spend a few thousand bucks on it and get it road worthy and drive it around in the summertime. I've been telling everybody I'm slowing down. Not taking on any new projects. Just finishing up what I have and and going into a maintenance mode. Sue has been leaving me alone pretty well with fewer requests. (Except for the occasional bomb she drops on me.) She even repeated my saying to her no new purchases except for small stuff, and we don't even need them. 65 gets closer and closer and I'm making a transition. That's not to say that I won't be busy. "I have something to do everyday for the rest of my life." "Never bored." That being said. I'm going out and taking down all the Christmas stuff. Have to pack and get ready to cruise on Monday. .......... "Never bored".

One day I want to be like GRIS.
Posted on: 2019/12/27 12:32
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Friday Chat 12.27.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

One day I want to be like GRIS.

THAT'S A VERY AMBITIOUS GOAL TOMMY, IT'S TAKEN ME 77 YEARS TO REACH THIS STATE OF PERFECTION :-)

IT'S CLOUDY AND COLDISH IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, RAIN IN THE OFFING THEY SAY.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA, I'LL JUST PIDDLE AROUND THE HOUSE AND BARN. NICE TO HAVE NO PLACE TO GO, NOTHING TO DO FOR A CHANGE.

Attach file:

png  how-trump-sleeps-at-night.png (146.18 KB)
12496_5e060d9d805ad.png 420X323 px
Posted on: 2019/12/27 13:53

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Friday Chat 12.27.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

as the new year draws neigh I am faced with the knowledge of heading into my 7th decade.... it is a sobering thought as the days and years fly by..... I must redouble my efforts to have fun and do meaningful things for others....... I am fortunate to have made it this far....

today I better get back to work for a bit....the weather is actually nice for winter in the great west.... have a super day Guru's....
Posted on: 2019/12/27 16:03

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Indeed Marcus. Each day is a blessing. How does one get old? One day at a time. It won't be till I'm dead and gone that I will figure out how meaningful or meaningless a life I have had. I have filled it with fluff to mask the realities of this world. I live in a fantasy. I don't want to know too much about what surrounds me. Instead let me slip into my world surrounded but material things I have deemed important. I live in comfort. My soul will stand in judgement. It's a good thing that Jesus has washed away my sins because methinks I would be in a serious world of hurt.
Posted on: 2019/12/27 16:33

j3studio Re: Friday Chat 12.27.19
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Thanks for all the kind words, folks.

The memorial service and burial is tomorrow (Saturday). Substantial portions of our extended family are coming into town and the officiating priest was a friend of Austin's when he was young.

This morning, I created the prayer card and it's at the printer's now.

Posted on: 2019/12/27 20:10

Ultraman Re: Friday Chat 12.27.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

We will all be keeping you and yours in our thoughts and prayers over the next few days big John.....
Posted on: 2019/12/27 20:22

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
We will all be keeping you and yours in our thoughts and prayers over the next few days big John.....

Yes sir.
Posted on: 2019/12/28 0:16

teebee Re: Friday Chat 12.27.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys...Slept in some this morning. It was cold and damp, but the weather gurus said it would warm up, then turn cold and rainy.

While we were gone in KC, a friend called me to do a project for his dad. Dad is a Korean War Vet and, for some reason, never received his medals...including a Purple Heart and a Bronze Star. He spent 3 years trying to get these for his dad, and finally got them. A local gentlemen, former state representative who has connections, also has arranged for an Adjutant General to come down and present them to him...so, here is where I come in.... I am building a "shadow box" to display them. So, I have been working on that today, and I told my friend, "I am honored that you asked me to do this, and I will do it as a donation for your Dad"

Well, Rosie and I went over to the 'city' to pick up a few groceries and before we left the 'city' it started raining. And has rained most of the day and is supposed to rain through most of the day tomorrow. LET 'ER RAIN, we need the moisture so bad.

John, we will be thinking about you and the family tomorrow.

Just about two weeks away from my 65th, unfortunately I will continue to work.
Posted on: 2019/12/28 3:58

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Friday Chat 12.27.19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Thoughts and prayers are with you tomorrow, John
Nice offer to build that box, Tee
Doc appt today then grocery shop then over to aunts to debone her ham so she can make beans then home. Entertainment for the evening is watching the robot vac “learn” the house floor plan. Dog is quite interested.
We should cherish every day we are given. My last 30 years have flown by I feel like I’ve missed out on a lot
Posted on: 2019/12/28 4:22

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Tee, I will continue to work also just on my own stuff for the most part. ( I'm a realist, hence the disclaimer. )
Posted on: 2019/12/28 12:32

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.