Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

teebee, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TPI
Tuned Port Injection. A method of fuel injection, used on the early C4 Corvette L98 motor, (1985-1991). ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS THE LAST SUNDAY IN 2019
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

GOOD MORNING, Y'ALL---
Posted on: 2019/12/29 13:58

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: THE LAST SUNDAY IN 2019
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

OVERCAST AND COLDISH IN THE NATIONS, AFTER RAINING ALL DAY YESTERDAY. BEEN READING AN INTERESTING BOOK BY AN OU PROFESSOR WHO CORRELATES THE RISE AND FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE WITH PANDEMIC DISEASE AND CLIMATE CHANGE. VERY INTERESTING IDEA.

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
I’d like to get into brewing my own

I HAVE READ SOMEWHERE THAT IN ANGLO-SAXON ENGLAND, BEFORE THE NORMAN CONQUEST, BREWING WAS A CRAFT/ENTERPRISE RESERVED TO WOMEN.
Posted on: 2019/12/29 14:08

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: THE LAST SUNDAY IN 2019
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...It's cold and we got a bit of snow overnight. More of a dusting than a real snow. It's clear this morning and the temps are supposed to only reach the mid 30s.

Rosie has picked up a cold...she's kind of miserable with her stopped up sinuses. I'm not quite where she is, but I've been getting a bit of drainage myself.

I am going out to the shop to try and finish the display box.
Posted on: 2019/12/29 14:52

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: THE LAST SUNDAY IN 2019
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Hi guys, I’m still here.
Besides a work schedule, I’ve busied myself with finding a daily driver. My needs for a truck are more by desire than actual need. So, now the much loved Y2K Suburban is on the block. We bought it new. I really wrestled with spending that kind of money on myself, but I’m at that point where it might just be time to move on. My pipe dreams have been to take the engine and transmission and put them in a hot rod. A sentimental use, to be sure.
Life’s Christmas gift to me was waking Thursday to find my left knee inoperable. I guess I need to get to the bone crusher ASAP.
I hope you’ve all had a great Christmas and are safe, happy, and prospering.
Posted on: 2019/12/29 15:40

Ultraman Re: THE LAST SUNDAY IN 2019
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Bob you need to oil that knee a bit..... it's rusty..... a good Bourbon taken orally should get it back to OEM specs...... hope that helps...

the same dusting of snow that Teeb got we also got...... cold and windy out today...... I'm starting to get restless....have had to many days off.... back to work tomorrow.....

I'm already planning out my new years resolutions...... most of them have to do with eating...... my problem is I love food....... all food..... and that works against me....... I plan on starting my diet as soon as all the Christmas cookies and pies are gone...... must pace myself.....

Have vonderful vonderful day Guru's...
Posted on: 2019/12/29 17:09

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: THE LAST SUNDAY IN 2019
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Another warm day here (after a brisk day yesterday). I went outside and took down the Christmas lights off the roof and gutters. Perfect weather for it. Usually it's the end of January in 20* temps freezing my.....fingers off. No wife and no kids today so I also tidied up the house and now I'm getting ready for a workout.

Bob, hope you feel better.

TB, super cool of you to do that shadow box.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2019/12/29 17:15

TommyT-Bone Re: THE LAST SUNDAY IN 2019
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

The wife of a friend that recently passed away invited Sue over to see if she would the like the pool table in the garage. It was a regulation pocket table custom built. The sons had no interest in any of their father's belongings. One of the sons that Sue has known since childhood does not care much for Susan. While Sue was at the house the table was disassembled. The one son said don't expect any help from us loading it. It weighed quite a bit. In spite that son took a sledgehammer to the slate shattering it making the table virtually useless. He went around breaking other stuff as well insuring no one would take anything. This supposedly religious Jew dumped his father's yarmulkes on the floor walking over them. The woman that invited Sue over sat there crying feeling bad that she had asked Sue over only to experience this foolishness. Sue calmed her and told her that it's alright and not to worry. Sue left soon after to meet us for a scheduled family brunch.

If anybody found a loose bolt lying around it appears we have found the nut.

I reminded Sue that this potential acquisition exceeded the recently repeated request that she bring nothing home over 30 lbs or bigger than a medium box. I told her if we really want a pool table we'll get one. We've already turned several down. ;) The beat goes on .......
Posted on: 2019/12/29 20:09

CorvetteBob Re: THE LAST SUNDAY IN 2019
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Thanks for the well wishes guys, I’ll get some “oil” and apply LIBERALLY!
I’m sorry your family has had to endure that sort of thing, and I feel worse the bereaved widow is having to live thru that sort of behavior in her son.
Posted on: 2019/12/29 22:26

vetteblondie Re: THE LAST SUNDAY IN 2019
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Tommy I’m so sorry Sue had to endure that. I can’t imagine how the other lady felt either. Broken heart from her husbands loss and her son demolishing any other memory. Wtf no words
Cooker here and still raining got all the hristmas tooj down . I have a couple of things left but I’m tired. Been a long day
My Monday night company will be here New Year’s Eve night instead forcing me to cancel my plans with my gal pals. And then I’ll have more cleaning to do ...
carry on
Posted on: 2019/12/29 23:48

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

DaleD Re: THE LAST SUNDAY IN 2019
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Hi all. Been a while since I've been around. Still Corvette-less. Very close to retirement, and toying with the idea of changing the Corvette status. Hope you all had a great Christmas. Mine was outstanding.
Posted on: 2019/12/30 2:13

teebee Re: THE LAST SUNDAY IN 2019
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Well, I finished up a couple of things....the shadow box and one of the "Wedding name" hanger that I do for Rosie's crocheted names that we do as wedding presents. When I came in I had FB 'private messages' lighting up my phone. It was a group message Rosie and I are on, from our high school classmates. One of them, home for the holidays, wanted to get together. It is 2 1/2 hours drive for us to where they were meeting. I asked Rosie, "Do you want to go?" "No. not really." OK, no biggie to me. But the messages kept on coming and finally, she says "What time would we have to leave to be there by 4?" "Pretty soon", I said. "Well, let's change and go."

So we changed clothes and jumped in the Caddy and headed east. She asked if I wanted to take the Corvette......yes, but better not, the weather was iffy. About half way there, it started snowing pretty good. No accumulation on the roads, but enough for her to say, "Do you think we should turn back?" "No, it's not that bad, but I glad we didn't take the Corvette." I continues snowing all the way to Great Bend (where we were meeting).There ended up being 12 show up and we spent 3 hours reminiscing. After that we jumped back in the car and headed west. Rosie says, "I'm glad we came, it was nice to see them." By then, the snow had moved on east, the clouds had cleared and the roads dry all the way home.

Not exactly how I planned the day, but it was good.
Posted on: 2019/12/30 3:38

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: THE LAST SUNDAY IN 2019
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Dale its good to hear from you....been awhile dude..... keep us informed on the Corvette when it happens.......
Posted on: 2019/12/30 4:11

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: THE LAST SUNDAY IN 2019
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good to see you around, Dale.
Posted on: 2019/12/31 2:34

DaleD Re: THE LAST SUNDAY IN 2019
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Dale its good to hear from you....been awhile dude..... keep us informed on the Corvette when it happens.......

Hi! Yeah, I'm heading toward retirement most likely in 2020. So I'll need something to fill my time.
Posted on: 2019/12/31 18:53

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.