Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Ruby
Refers to 1993 Anniversary Editions.

These are the actual cars honored as anniversary cars. They have RPO Z25 to prove it....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Mundy Chat 02.10.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

G'mornin.
Posted on: 2020/2/10 13:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Mundy Chat 02.10.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Expecting a Fed Ex delivery that I have to sign for by 10:30 A.M. so I have to keep an ear out for them. Let me reach into my bag of tricks and see if I can pull out some motivation. I have to do something today, but what? We shall see.
Posted on: 2020/2/10 13:11

GRIS Re: Mundy Chat 02.10.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

ANOTHER MONDAY---

CLOUDY, WET, AND COLDISH IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, QUARTER INCH OF RAIN LAST NIGHT, MORE ON THE WAY. OH JOY :-(

AUTO ROTATION TODAY PUTS THE BUMBLEBEE IN THE READY RACK. WON'T GET DRIVEN MUCH, RAINY WEEK AHEAD.

#3 GRANDSON'S IN-LAWS-TO-BE HAVE BOUGHT A HOUSE IN OKMULGEE.
EVIDENTLY GIRLFRIEND'S DAD'S FORAY INTO POLITICS HAS MADE IT DANGEROUS FOR THEM TO LIVE IN MEXICO. SHE IS ATTENDING OSU TECH IN OKMULGEE.

PLAY THE GAME, GURUS.
Posted on: 2020/2/10 13:42

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Mundy Chat 02.10.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...Clear chilly and breezy here this morning, headed to the low 40s. Our moisture predicted for tomorrow and Wednesday, has been pushed south, so we aren't expecting too much.

Nephew sent pictures of the bathtub set and shower enclosure installed yesterday. So that means they are ready for sheetrock to be installed. So the plan is pick up the rock (and other supplies) Thursday and head to her house. Hang the rock, maybe set the tape and put the first coat of mud on before heading home Friday evening. We have to be home Saturday as we have Homecoming Saturday afternoon. Pretty unusual to have games on Saturday, even more so in the afternoon, but that is the way it is scheduled.

Posted on: 2020/2/10 14:46

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I ended up washing the fleet. 5 cars done. Silverado and Suburban yet to be washed. Started 4 out of the 5 . The 928 needs attention to the fuel pump, possibly the gas tank and the shifter. The two Vettes and 911's are driveable. The 911's need nothing.
Posted on: 2020/2/10 17:27

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

CorvetteBob wrote:
Gris, great song by a great singer!
[/quote]

"WHITE LIGHTING" AND "WHO SHOT SAM" WERE MY FAVORITES :-)
Posted on: 2020/2/10 17:56

Ultraman Re: Mundy Chat 02.10.20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Well I'm back....long weekend in Kansas. My 97 year old step dad did pass away early Sunday morning. I was at the bedside when he quit breathing. He had been unconscious for about 24 hours before that. On Tuesday or Wednesday he had been transferred to the local hospital with pneumonia for the 3rd time this year. He improved as he has in the past and on Thursday night they said they could send him home in the morning. Friday morning they call and say he had taken a turn for the worst and now they recommended the hospice for comfort care. Really? says I....

So I went down on Friday and got Ma and we were waiting at he Hospice when he arrived. He was in good spirits and was talking to us and recognized Mom and I. That was in the afternoon and due to his aspirating his food he was unable to eat or even drink much. He wanted water and we gave him a bit and also some Chicken soup broth.

By midnight he was asleep and would talk some with arm movement. I was with him as I had taken Ma back to the retirement home. At around 3 am Saturday morning all movement stopped and his breathing became ragged.

He remained that way until early Sunday morning. I was sleeping in a recliner by his bed and I woke up at 1:10 am and immediately began to listen to his breathing. It was very shallow and I prayed to the Lord to take him on home and I got up and stood by him talking to him that it was going to be ok..... then he just stopped breathing. and that was that.

I cannot say enough good about the hospice and the folks who work there. They kept him comfortable and us informed on the stages he was going through. After he had been declared officially gone, I went and took a long hot shower that they provide the families who are staying over. When I got back to the room they had got him straightened out and had covered him with a sheet.

I laid back down in the big recliner and surprisingly fell asleep until early morning when I went over to let Ma know.

Now we start with all the legal stuff and I contacted the funeral home and arranged for his Cremation. Lot of business to attend to when one passes. and yes the sun did come up and life continued on.....
Posted on: 2020/2/10 21:32

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Marcus, sounds like a familiar story to me. Sorry for your loss. 97 is no slouch. Pretty good run. I was freaked out by death when I was young. I didn't want to see anyone on their deathbed or visit people when they were dying. But I toughened up over time. Took a compassionate approach to it. Now I know how important it is to comfort those as they leave this plane. Step by step Marcus and it will all fall into place.
Posted on: 2020/2/10 22:33

teebee Re: Mundy Chat 02.10.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Sorry to hear that Marcus....even though we all know it was for the best. Your description of his final moments, sounds exactly like my experience with my mom. By the way, how is your mom doing?
Posted on: 2020/2/10 23:30

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS, MARCUS.
Posted on: 2020/2/11 0:47

j3studio Re: Mundy Chat 02.10.20
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Our thoughts are with you, Marcus.

Posted on: 2020/2/11 2:30

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.