Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  National Corvette Museum
The mission of the National Corvette Museum is to celebrate the Corvette's invention, and preserve the legendary automobile's past, present, and futu...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Saturday Chat 02.15.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Hello, hello, hello ... Is there anybody in here, here, here .........

Echo effect .....
Posted on: 2020/2/15 13:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Saturday Chat 02.15.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

GOOD MORNING, TOMMY.

CLOUDY AND COLD HERE THIS MORNING, SUPPOSED TO WARM UP SOME, 50'S THEY SAY. THE CHEROKEES ARE ALL FOR THAT.

OPEN AGENDA TODAY, MAY GO UP TO TULSA AND CHECK OUT THE ANTIQUE SHOW. I'LL WEAR A "NOT FOR SALE" SIGN IF I GO :-)

DARLING WIFE DOING CHURCHY THINGS TODAY, HOPE I DON'T GET VOLUNTEERED---
Posted on: 2020/2/15 13:28

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 02.15.20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Cold here in Chicago. Even sitting in the house last night we felt cold...brrrr.

Neighbor told me she needs a new caliper installed. I didn't get to inspect it yet. Not a bad job but it's special order from every store. Plus I want to replace both just in case so I need to talk to her about that. 135,000 miles so it's a good idea.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2020/2/15 16:19

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 02.15.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Hey guys....Back home last night from sister house. Got up Thursday morning (and it was really cold), headed over to the 'city' (which is 30 minute drive in the opposite direct from my sis's place) to pick up 20 sheets of sheetrock and a few other things I needed for the project. Back home to load up tools and by noon we were headed to her house. an hour later we are there. My nephew got there very shortly after we did to help. By 6 we have most of the sheetrock hung in the two big rooms. After supper I go back down to do a few other little details and determine what needed to be done and how to approach the bathroom. I tell my nephew to be back 8 or 8:15 in the morning. Oh they are in mountain time zone, so my body clock is still on central time. I wake up Friday morning at my normal time which is 2 hours before nephew is supposed to show up, so I get up and decide I am going to start the taping and mudding on what we did the day before. About the time he got there I was just finishing up mudding.

So then we get started on the bathroom stuff that needed to be done before hanging the rock. I had some electrical issues to address and he started reinforcing blocking for handrails, grab bars and towel racks. We got all that done and started hanging the few pieces of rock. we got the first 3 pieces put up and Rosie comes down to ask a question and tell me my sister is taking the dog to the vet as she is sick, my nephew says he is going to see what is going on (the dog is, more or less niece and nephew's kid) and he decides that he needs to go with sis to take the dog to the vet (over an hour away). That leaves me with Rosie to help me finish up. She comes in a bit later asking if I was ready to load up...(we were going to GS#3s ball game part way back home, at 6 pm .....I said it's only 4:15 and she says, Yea, MOUNTAIN TIME.....Oh crap! So I hurry and finish cutting the last piece of rock, haul it downstairs and set it in place. Then I hurry up to take a shower..while I'm doing that, she is taking the tools out. We jump in and head east. We get to the game and we have just missed the start, but GS didn't start and he was awaiting a timeout so he could enter the game. Initially we were going to stay for the varsity games as well, but after GSs game I was tired and ready to go home. So we made the 40 minute trek home.

Today we have homecoming and I am working those games. Still tired, but I will make it through.

Have a great day.
Posted on: 2020/2/15 16:20

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 02.15.20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

I'm more tired now after reading about all of Tees work..... wow...

I'm beat..... long nights in the ICU ward listening to all the beeps and clicks and soft warnings.... is not my idea of a good time. Me sainted Mother is on the mend after having a bout of double pneumonia and RSV virus and then having a heart attack. Blood pressure in the clouds..... all this would have killed a regular 97 year old woman but she pulled out of it and should be headed home to her apartment at the Old Folks Home...... again can't say enough good about the ICU nurses and doctors who did their thing and to modern meds that pulled her back from the brink. Mom is a mobile free spirit who's mission in life is to get you on the right side of the Lord and then to convince you that President Trump is the best thing to ever happen to America..... she hates those liberal commie democrat bastards and is bound to wait around until Trump has won his second term. I mostly just try and stay out of her way. The only TV she watches is Fox News..... and Gunsmoke...... thank you much for your prayers.....they have been answered and she should continue her recovery unabated as she is now out of ICU and resting in a regular room.

In the meantime it is a very nice warm day here and I am headed out to go get the 56 out of hock after it has had some work to make it even better than it was before. The new steering wheel is on it and several things in the steering wheel and horn assembly had to be replaced due to the old stuff was toast. Also the new CCP A arms are in place and a new set of Goodrich Silvertowns have replaced the Coker Classics that did not do a good job for us. The Coker folks took the Classic tires back with no question for a full refund which will be applied to the price of the new Silvertowns...... my head wrench says it drives better than any mid fives car he has ever driven...... I am excited to go take it for a spin..... next will be the new sound system and then we should be good to go on any trip we care to take in it.

hope you all have a fine day...... I plan on it and some naps also....
Posted on: 2020/2/15 17:06

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

j3studio Re: Saturday Chat 02.15.20
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

I'm more tired now after reading about all of Tees work … wow …

Agreed.

Posted on: 2020/2/15 19:31

bogus Re: Saturday Chat 02.15.20
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

Yo. It's nearing my lunch time now... doing a side project with a friend.

Waiting on him to build out the data model so I can code it!

Posted on: 2020/2/15 21:57

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 02.15.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

So glad to hear your mom is on the mend, Marc.Home from the games....we won all three, JV girls, Varsity girls and Varsity boys.

I'm resting some in the next couple of days, but still have to go back to siss' house sometime to do some more finishing.
Posted on: 2020/2/16 2:56

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 02.15.20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

TB's "rest" days make my "work" days look like a vacation...
Posted on: 2020/2/16 5:27

CorvetteBob Re: Saturday Chat 02.15.20
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Hi guys, just checking in...
Posted on: 2020/2/16 7:13

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.