Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
209 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Regular Production Order
Commonly known as RPO. These are the codes that GM uses to identify options.

For example, LT1 is the RPO for the engine used from 1992-1996.

Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone 02.24.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

GOOD MORNING!

Seems like a pleasant day so far. Sunny, cool and the wind has died down. There's a chance it will be a good day enhanced by the fact that I woke up this morning. Everyday I wake up is a bonus. ..... Bitching is optional.

Posted on: 2020/2/24 12:50
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 02.24.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

HI TOMMY, HOPE SUE IS DOING BETTER NOW.

CLOUDY AND WET IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING AFTER MUCH NOISE AND BOTHER LAST NIGHT, ONLY A QUARTER INCH IN THE GAUGE.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY OTHER THAN AUTO ROTATION.

MATTHEW, DID #1RR LIKE THE PARKMAN BOOK?
Posted on: 2020/2/24 13:56
Edited by GRIS on 2020/2/24 14:55:31

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: 02.24.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
HI TOMMY, HOPE SUE IS DOING BETTER NOW.

The surgery went well and the healing went downhill from there. She has a tape allergy and people think because some tape is hypoallergenic it is OK to use. WRONG! She blisters. These blisters caused major healing issues. She is on the right track now. Some people in the healthcare industry just don't want to believe what a patient says or what they mean when she specifies Tape Allergy. Paper tape only. This new ointment is cleaning everything up nicely and healing of the skin appears to be progressing. Sue has had 88 surgeries in he lifetime and I have been her aid through about 80 of them. Some due to genetics, some from accidents but the bulk of them are from issues related to her conversion van verses tractor trailer accident in 1989. She was broadsided and ejected breaking the seat belt. She laid in a hallway on a gurney in grave condition for 8 hours while they gathered tests. They expected her to die. She has no recollection of about 7 months in her life at that time. Sometimes related issues pop up and she has to deal with them. She normally waits till the pain is unbearable then goes to whatever measures are necessary to find relief. This is the 5th surgery on her right foot alone. ............ And the beat goes on .........
Posted on: 2020/2/24 17:36

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

As a side note. Her 1989 accident medical bill was over a million dollars. The state was found to be responsible for an obstructed stop sign but legislation capped their financial liability at 200k. It all went to the insurance company as a result of their right to subrogation. A good portion of our annual income goes to medical expenses every year. Something I prefer not to think about too much.

Hhmmmm. When's my next cruise again. Oh ya. May 19th. Alaska again.
Posted on: 2020/2/24 17:43

GRIS Re: 02.24.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

BEEN A THOROUGHLY DISMAL DAY. HEAVY MIST, CHILL NORTH WIND ALL DAY. WENT OVER TO TAHLEQUAH FOR SUPPER AT OUR FAVORITE CHINESE PLACE. THEY WENT TO A MORE SPICY SAUCE WHICH WAS TOO MUCH FOR ME. TONIGHT I GOT THE LESS SPICY WHICH WAS NOT SPICY AT ALL. THEY HAVE IT BRACKETED NOW; YOU CAN HAVE IT TOO HOT OR BLAND. I LIKED IT THE WAY IT WAS :-0
Posted on: 2020/2/25 1:46

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: 02.24.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys...Got up normal time, and got started right away getting ready to go to the hall and start hanging 50 sheets of 4 x 10 sheetrock. I had to go down to the lumberyard and picked up 20 rolls of insulation and then borrowed their forklift to haul the sheetrock down to the hall...luckily, I had several guys show up to help.

We made big progress and had a little more than 1/3 of it done by noon. Two guys (me and another) measuring/cutting and tacking it up, three guys screwing it off while I went back to do the next sheet and another guy cutting insulation and sticking it into place as the sheetrock was going up and Rosie cleaning up behind us.

Came back after lunch and planned to work until 4, but we were so close to finishing we worked an extra 15 minutes to finish up. Tomorrow I'll go up and start the taping of the seams.

That's just BS Tommy, they needed to fulfill their responsibility and pay their debt...but that sounds like a typical government BS.
Posted on: 2020/2/25 2:08

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

teebee Re: 02.24.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Oh, it started out damp, but cleared up and by noon, was absolutely beautiful, short sleeved shirts. About an hour before we finished up the clouds moved in the wind came up started raining then changed to snow before we got home. Hovering about freezing now, so rain changes from rain to snow back and forth, but is supposed start snowing in earnest after midnight.
Posted on: 2020/2/25 2:19

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
That's just BS Tommy, they needed to fulfill their responsibility and pay their debt...but that sounds like a typical government BS.

The experienced attorney I had at the time told me it would have to go before the legislature for approval. Anything else granted would just go in the insurance company's pocket because of the subrogation clause. It would have been costly to proceed because it would have been out of my pocket. 7k to start and upwards of 25 to 30K to conclusion. Basically beating a dead horse. My insurance company hired him on their behalf. I can assure you I didn't have the funds to fight at that point. The first 10k came from the auto insurance policy. That was gone on the first claim. Then everything else medically went to our health insurer. On top of that the bank repossessed the totaled van even though I had been paying on it. I had to battle them to restore my credit because they labeled it an involuntary repossession. The insurance company paid me the book value of the van and paid the storage fees which was about $600 less than what I owed on it plus I had made 3 or 4 payments of $350 while it sat in the junk yard. The perfect example of let no good deed go unpunished. On top of that I got a bill from the county for $1200 for the air medical evacuation and $150 from BellSouth for a telephone pole. All that was 30 years ago. Water over the damned. The tractor of the tractor/trailer that broadsided her was totaled. Our insurance company gave them 25k for the truck. The driver fortunately was not injured. Later I was able to get the ticket for failure to stop nullified due to the state's acknowledgment of their fault in the matter for having an obstructed stop sign. ... But that was yesterday .... Yesterday's gone. And good riddance.
Posted on: 2020/2/25 4:00

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.