Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
189 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone 02.28.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Good moaning.
Posted on: 2020/2/28 12:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: 02.28.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Bordering on 50*. Supposed to have cool clear weather over the next few days. It's festival/show season this time of year in Florida. Sue will be at the Seafood Festival this weekend with a booth and next weekend is the Asian Festival. She is one tough cookie. Wound has not fully closed yet another week or two before I think it will. Then probably another month before regains full walking ability. Saw my cardiologist yesterday. I'm doing OK but need to do better to get my bad cholesterol count lower. I've reduced my smoking but have to redouble my efforts to free myself from the evil weed. I'll get there. 50 year habit isn't the easiest thing to break. If I don't quit I can expect to cut my remaining life even shorter and increase heart attack and stroke risk. So there is some motivation there for me.
Posted on: 2020/2/28 12:11

j3studio Re: 02.28.20
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

I'm working from home today and doing a lot of writing. Some studies imply that having music playing helps focus when doing things computer-related:

https://insights.stackoverflow.com/sur ... ic-for-focus-while-coding

—since I need lots of focus today, I've got my wonderful Oppo BDP-95 Blu-ray player providing it's most basic function; playing entire compact discs in their original song order. We'll start with Paradise Theater, Styx, 1980

Change Of Season, Daryl Hall John Oates, 1990

Posted on: 2020/2/28 13:05
Edited by j3studio on 2020/2/28 13:25:03

Elite Guru
4245 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Saw my cardiologist yesterday. I'm doing OK but need to do better to get my bad cholesterol count lower. I've reduced my smoking but have to redouble my efforts to free myself from the evil weed. I'll get there. 50 year habit isn't the easiest thing to break. If I don't quit I can expect to cut my remaining life even shorter and increase heart attack and stroke risk. So there is some motivation there for me.

We all gotta maintain …

Posted on: 2020/2/28 13:13

GRIS Re: 02.28.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

HI EVERYBODY
ITS SUNNY, CALM, AND COLDISH IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. THE CALM WON'T LAST BUT THE CHEROKEES ARE BASKING IN THE SUNSHINE. THE WEATHER WIZARDS SAY WE'LL HIT 60 TODAY.

TODAY'S AGENDA: FINISH PREPARATION FOR AN EARLY START TO DALLAS TOMORROW. UNFORTUNATELY, "EARLY START" IS A CONCEPT TO DARLING WIFE UNKNOWN. THIS IS ALL COMPLICATED BY HER BIRTHDAY BEING SUNDAY. IN ADDITION, WE WILL MISS #1 GRANDDAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY PARTY ON LEAP-DAY. WE ARE SADLY LACKING IN PROPER PRIOR PLANNING. HOPE IT DOES NOT RESULT IN PISS-POOR PERFORMANCE :-)
Posted on: 2020/2/28 14:24

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

GRIS Re: 02.28.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
BI've reduced my smoking but have to redouble my efforts to free myself from the evil weed. I'll get there. 50 year habit isn't the easiest thing to break. If I don't quit I can expect to cut my remaining life even shorter and increase heart attack and stroke risk. So there is some motivation there for me.

FAMILY CVA HISTORY IS WHAT FINALLY SCARED ME OFF. I SMOKED FROM 1957 TO ABOUT 1985, TOOK ABOUT THREE TRYS TO FINALLY QUIT. THE FINAL EFFORT WAS AIDED BY HAVING A BAD COLD THAT MADE TOBACCO TASTE TERRIBLE, CHEWED MATCH STICKS FOR A LONG TIME AS A SUBSTITUTE :-)

NOT EASY BUT IT CAN BE DONE.
Posted on: 2020/2/28 14:37

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Elite Guru
4245 Posts

Escape, Journey, 1981

Signals, Rush, 1982

Posted on: 2020/2/28 14:43
Edited by j3studio on 2020/2/28 15:28:54

vetteblondie Re: 02.28.20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Awesome music choices there! Dig it!
Tommy yes, please take care of yourself. My mother had conjestive heart failure and diabetes. With CHF diabetes increases your chance of death to 50% . She said four days from her dying that quitting was simply impossible for her and that I would never understand. I recall once even asking her "do you love those more than me?" and she couldn't answer me. No, I will never understand it but I advocate for quitting to anyone I know for that reason.
Sunny and warmer here today and continuing through the weekend. Getting taxes done tonight and frankly that stresses the shit right out of me. Period. Arron jumps up and down to get them done as of course, he gets a check. I have to write one.
I'm in the office today as we're covered the heck up. And then some.
Also, the local radio and shipping place we work with are hosting a 'best of the best' thing so if any of you would please go vote for us I'd appreciate it since this place helps make my house note.
You can vote daily through March 12 on all devices.
www.bestofnea.com, we're in the "motors" category then "best auto tint" subcategory, our business is Supertints of Jonesboro.
Y'all have a great day!

Attach file:

jpg  main vote photo.jpg (757.12 KB)
619_5e593d17e00cf.jpg 1200X1790 px
Posted on: 2020/2/28 16:15

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Attach file:

jpg  I voted today.jpg (121.88 KB)
852_5e594ec2ab37c.jpg 986X555 px
Posted on: 2020/2/28 17:32

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

VB I understand your mother's lack of reply. Smokers have a hard time quitting for themselves. Believe it or not it's a morning stimulant, nerve calming, pain distracting, boredom relieving, more addictive chemical than heroin. And I wouldn't go near heroin. I'm familiar with addiction and how to break the chain. You have to fight it minute by minute, hour by hour, one day at a time. Yes. It can be done. One just has to do it.

Took the 91 Corvette out to stretch it's tires today. I've been doing better working the cars into driving rotation.
Posted on: 2020/2/28 17:40
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2020/2/28 20:03:11

vetteblondie Re: 02.28.20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Thank you for that comment Tommy. It hurt me deeply that she just stood there and stared at me and simply said "you just don't understand" and I didn't. Seems I recall being mad and leaving. I can't imagine all the times I've hurt her and made her cry. I will never forget the heart sinking look on her face when she tried to tell the surgeon she'd quit 4 days before she died and he simply told her "I'm sorry, it's too late"

And thanks for voting! We need all we can get. We were added to this late in the game so we're behind lol
Posted on: 2020/2/28 23:00

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: 02.28.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Hey guys...Goy up normal tim,went to church then headed north. Got a call from the teacher saying his vehicle broke down and he wouldn't be there when I got there, but the kids were waiting for me. As soon as I got there, the kids were excited to see me, as they knew we would be doing something different from things they have been doing. Long story short, we got a lot accomplished today and when it was time for me to leave the boys were extremely grateful for me coming and teaching the class today.

I thank God, that I never started smoking. My dad did and tried several times over the years to quit, but just couldn't. Then at one of his dr appointments, the doctor told him if he didn't stop SOON, he probably wouldn't live more than a couple of years, this must have been the motivation he needed, as he put them down and never smoked again, his smoking was the reason he died, from heart failure, but he was able to make it almost 10 years.

I'm a Journey fan and Escape is a great album.

Oh, it was sunny when we got up, but chilly, by the time I made it to Goodland, it was upper 40s and by mid afternoon, it was low 60s.... near perfect weather.
Posted on: 2020/2/29 3:40

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.