Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
164 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

CorvetteBob 3-16-2020
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Well I’m still here and from what I saw in some of the previous posts you all seem to be thankfully doing well.
Daughter is a school marm, and here in the Buckeye schools are closed for 3 weeks instead of one for spring break. The University of Dayton Flyers have done very well this year, only to be denied by safety decisions to cancel March Madness.
With all these “safety minded” decisions, what is it they aren’t telling us?

You guys stay safe and healthy and I’ll be back.
Posted on: 2020/3/16 4:19

Matatk Re: 3-16-2020
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

The coronavirus sanctions are continuing here. The governor announced yesterday that restaurants will be closed except for carryout / delivery orders. A reasonable idea if you ask me albeit hard for the workers. Kids are supposed to have one day of school tomorrow to collect their work but we won't be sending them. Everything is online anyway.

I've got guns, ammo, cash, and canned goods. A country boy can survive.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2020/3/16 6:22

TommyT-Bone Re: 3-16-2020
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I am in control, here, at the Casey compound but I am in constant communication with the needed resources to help insure the safety of my neighborhood, the region and the world.

I went through my crisis management supply list and found we have adequate supplies of toilet paper, alcohol, bleach, paper towels, food, water and ammunition. In hurricane country we get bombarded with the phrase "Hunker down, so this is really not new for us. Unfortunately the masses of tourists have no interest in following social distance guidelines and are flocking to the beaches, clubs and eateries. May God have mercy on their souls.
Posted on: 2020/3/16 13:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 3-16-2020
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

FOGGY AND COLDISH IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. DON'T KNOW WHEN WE'LL SEE THE SUN AGAIN. THE CHEROKEES ARE GROWING MOSS---

OFF TO TAHLEQUAH THIS MORNING TO SEE THE TAX ACCOUNTANT. THIS WILL BE OUR LAST LEAR WITH HIM.

LAST YEAR OUR GOOD LADY ACCOUNTANT DROPPED OUT AT TAX TIME DUE TO HER HUSBAND HAVING A MEDICAL CRISIS. THE GUY THAT TOOK OVER WAS LATE ON EVERYTHING. GAVE HIM A SECOND CHANCE, HOPING IT WAS DUE TO THE TIMING OF THE TAKEOVER. HE'S SHOWING THE SAME PATTERN THIS YEAR.

#1 GRANDSON AND THE WARRIOR PRINCESS ARE BUYING A NEW HOUSE IN TULSA. TIME MARCHES ON AND THEY DO GROW UP. IT'S GRATIFYING TO SEE THEM DO WELL.
Posted on: 2020/3/16 13:41

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: 3-16-2020
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Farmers and truck drivers are independent and isolationist by nature so as long as the trucks run and the fields get planted and harvested and shipped all will be well.... and they will.....

I am thinking that a new population of folks that have never had to deal with any tough times are all running around in a panic over something that should not induce any panic in the streets...... those of us from older generations have seen this and worse. We have seen many China induced flu's come and go... and we are mindful of it but not in a panic.

I think we should send a large invoice to China for all the trouble they have caused. China is not our friend.......

My daughter got in yesterday from Seattle, (no fever or sniffles) she will work here for a bit until this all blows over.... she works for Amazon.

Keep up the good fight Guru's...... God's still in charge......
Posted on: 2020/3/16 14:28

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: 3-16-2020
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

SOCIAL DISTANCING:

Attach file:

jpg  thumbnail_image1.jpg (99.56 KB)
12496_5e6f8e30bf903.jpg 1044X1280 px
Posted on: 2020/3/16 14:33

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: 3-16-2020
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

I think I'm in that 100% safe range on public greetings.
Mass hyseria here. Of course, I live in a relatively small town (7000) but am 10 minutes from the 'big town' (67000) People are crazy in all locations. The governor has mandated that all schools must close starting tomorrow through spring break.
This hoarding of toilet paper, and food has been stupid to stay the least. I got out a few days ago to stock up on meat for the freezer, per my normal routine. Sams was fine, I got our usual 6-pack of ground, whole filet so I can process myself, bacon, eggs, the normal stuff, plus some fish, and some shrimp. Now you can't even buy 409 to clean the d*mned stove with! Ugh. We rarely eat out so the restaurant thing isn't bothering us. But, hearing of certain businesses closing and some state employees are told they have to use their sick/vaca time then be without pay after is just low-rent. And, kids at home, affects some people's jobs, so does shutting down those jobs. No workie, no money.
Side note - if you think the government and media can't control you, just look around you. The media's reporting and then the prez on tv today and the DOW hit a record low, etc - you have been successfully controlled:
panic buying, supply and demand affected, economy affected, etc.
Y'all have a good evenin, me and the dog are about to have supper.
the BF is currently on his way to Dallas for GM tech training.
House to myself means I get to control the remote
Posted on: 2020/3/16 22:09

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: 3-16-2020
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys, up fairly early and off for home. I had a multi-piece couch loaded on the pickup, all covered and strapped down. When we left it was raining and I was worried about the couch getting wet. Stopped several times to adjust and try to keep it as dry as possible.

While in KC, we were in the county that has recorded the only COVID 19 death in Kansas, with that hanging over our heads, we decided to call Rosie's dad and tell him we probably should not stop and see him....it was tough for us to do, but he understood... at least he said he did. Last night #1 and her family, who were in Colorado skiing, and she said they had to leave this morning or they would quarantined for 14 days, because they were in one of 4 counties that had outbreaks of Covid 19. Originally they asked if they could come here, as they had arranged to have some new floor coverings installed at their house while they were gone on spring break, and they could get back into their house until Wednesday. We told them yes, they could come stay with us. Then they called back saying, no, they would head back to KC and get a motel, then finish serving their 14 day quarantine at home, as they didn't want to chance bringing the virus to our little town, even though none of them have any symptoms or are feeling bad....actually, I understand.

I trust and hope everyone here is staying safe, warm and healthy...these are some crazy times we are going through right now........
Posted on: 2020/3/17 2:19

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.