Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
177 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ZF6
A 6-speed manual transmission, standard from 1989 to 1996.

Very stout.

There are two distinct versions, the original “Black Tag,” 1989-E1...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 21 MAR 20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7580 Posts

HI Y'ALL---
Posted on: 2020/3/21 12:51

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 21 MAR 20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7580 Posts

COLD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, BUT THE SUN IS MAKING A WELCOME EFFORT TO SHINE THRU THE CLOUDS. THE CHEROKEES REJOICE.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY, THINK I'LL FILL UP ALL CARS, TRUCK, MOWERS, AND GAS CANS WHILE GAS IS CHEAP.

PRETTY YOUNG WOMAN FROM UP THE ROAD CAME BY YESTERDAY TO CHECK ON THE OLD FOLKS AND ANOTHER NEIGHBOR HAS BEEN CALLING DARLING WIFE TO SEE IF WE NEEDED ANYTHING. NICE, BUT NOT MUCH CHANCE WE'LL BE FORGOTTEN WITH DW'S TELEPHONE ADDICTION :-)

NOTHING VERY INTERESTING TO READ LATELY, JUST "WHO DONE IT'S". IF IT WOULD JUST DRY OUT AND WARM UP I COULD DO SOME STUFF OUTSIDE; COME ON, SUMMER!
Posted on: 2020/3/21 13:06

TommyT-Bone Re: 21 MAR 20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Hello everybody.

I see I'm getting low on dry dog and cat food. Apparently there has been a run on that too. Hope I don't find empty shelves. We'll if I do eventually I'll have a pair of the best fed dogs in Homestead. We'll just have to make dinner for 4. Think things are starting to get serious. Some might question whether satisfying there false bravado was worth the price. I'm sure we will see a rise in cases. The sooner everybody keeps their ass home for two weeks the sooner we can watch the virus fade away. Medical staff here are coming down with the virus by the scores. I'm trying to stay off the grid but I've been trying to do that for years now.
Posted on: 2020/3/21 13:32

j3studio Re: 21 MAR 20
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

We're pretty much battened down in Pennsylvania.

Posted on: 2020/3/21 14:00

Matatk Re: 21 MAR 20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Looking forward to seeing pictures of Marcus' Honda now that he found an elusive missing piece.

Schools might be closed longer here, not sure yet. State is supposed to impose some mandatory quarantine and shutdown today. We'll see what happens.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2020/3/21 14:57

Ultraman Re: 21 MAR 20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Still clear and cold here today...... I will be in the shop most of the day tinkering on the 56 getting it ready for the summer season.... got some new floor mats coming along wid some other stuff..... the music box is the last big item to install then it should be ready for prime time.

RIP Kenny Rogers...... lots of great songs......

Gris have you read the C. J. Box Joe Pickett series? I highly recommend them..... I'm reading the newest one now....

keep the hammer down Guru's.....
Posted on: 2020/3/21 14:59

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Huskerland
14705 Posts

I do so wish it was easy to post pics on this site...... I have lots of them but seem to always have to have Teeb post them for me...... is that ever going to change?

Honda getting real close to trying to start it..... that may lead us to other problems but we hope not. Has not run in 12 years or so I'm thinking..... last owner got it running but then parked it again.... all part of the adventure.....
Posted on: 2020/3/21 15:01

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7580 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Gris have you read the C. J. Box Joe Pickett series? I highly recommend them..... I'm reading the newest one now....

YEAH, ALL BOX'S BOOKS THAT I'VE READ ARE GOOD. WHAT IS THE NEW PICKETT ONE NAMED?
Posted on: 2020/3/21 18:32

Huskerland
14705 Posts

It's called Long Range about a sniper that is making 1700 yard shots and taking out law enforcement in Saddlestring Wy. Joe's buddy is blamed and Joe has to figure out who could be the shooter.... good read....
Posted on: 2020/3/21 19:24

Matatk Re: 21 MAR 20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Neighbor boy is 17 years old now. Great kid, very smart and polite. I used to babysit him when he was little. They do grow up fast. The other day he was struggling to put a new off-road bumper on his Jeep. Told the old man to have him come over today. So he came and got me this afternoon and with a little experience and a couple of my tools we were able to get it swapped out with little trouble and only a few swear words. I showed him how and let him do most of the work. Eager to learn and no arguing. How do I teach my kids to do that?
Posted on: 2020/3/21 22:13

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Eager to learn and no arguing. How do I teach my kids to do that?

I've found whatever I did my son had zero interest in. Fishing, mechanical repairs, yard work. SO my guess is you're
Posted on: 2020/3/21 22:52

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7580 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Neighbor boy is 17 years old now. Great kid, very smart and polite. I used to babysit him when he was little. They do grow up fast. The other day he was struggling to put a new off-road bumper on his Jeep. Told the old man to have him come over today. So he came and got me this afternoon and with a little experience and a couple of my tools we were able to get it swapped out with little trouble and only a few swear words. I showed him how and let him do most of the work. Eager to learn and no arguing. How do I teach my kids to do that?

I'M NOT SURE YOU TEACH THEM, JUST LET THEM BE WHO THEY'RE GOING TO BE. KEEP A LOOSE REIN, DON'T MICROMANAGE, DON'T HOVER. MAKE RULES FOR BEHAVIOR SIMPLE AND CLEAR. PAT THEM WHEN THEY DO WELL, SWAT THEM WHEN THEY ARE BAD. INSOFAR AS YOU CAN WITHOUT DOING THEM DAMAGE, LET THEM SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES OF THEIR ACTIONS.

PERSONALITIES ARE BUILT ON TEMPERAMENT AND EXPERIENCE. TEMPERAMENT IS MOSTLY HEREDITARY, SO YOU'VE ALREADY DONE THAT PART ;-) YOU HAVE LESS CONTROL OVER THEIR EXPERIENCE THAN YOU THINK. THAT'S KINDA A ROLL OF THE DICE ONCE THEY START TO SCHOOL AND START TO DEAL WITH SOCIETY.

BE JUST.
Posted on: 2020/3/22 0:33

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
Quote:

Matatk wrote:

I'M NOT SURE YOU TEACH THEM, JUST LET THEM BE WHO THEY'RE GOING TO BE. KEEP A LOOSE REIN, DON'T MICROMANAGE, DON'T HOVER. MAKE RULES FOR BEHAVIOR SIMPLE AND CLEAR. PAT THEM WHEN THEY DO WELL, SWAT THEM WHEN THEY ARE BAD. INSOFAR AS YOU CAN WITHOUT DOING THEM DAMAGE, LET THEM SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES OF THEIR ACTIONS.

PERSONALITIES ARE BUILT ON TEMPERAMENT AND EXPERIENCE. TEMPERAMENT IS MOSTLY HEREDITARY, SO YOU'VE ALREADY DONE THAT PART ;-) YOU HAVE LESS CONTROL OVER THEIR EXPERIENCE THAN YOU THINK. THAT'S KINDA A ROLL OF THE DICE ONCE THEY START TO SCHOOL AND START TO DEAL WITH SOCIETY.

BE JUST.

Sound advice there.
Posted on: 2020/3/22 2:49

CorvetteBob Re: 21 MAR 20
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Hi,
Just looking in. Here in the Buckeye schools are closed 3 weeks, two more to go. Daughter is a school marm so she’s home and doing one heck of a job with cleaning, errands, and lots of anything we need. At work the tool room is closed this weekend, but starts back Monday. Weekend closure is odd, but since the big three are shut down, we’re just filling orders. Once that’s done, then we in the skilled trades will go thru all the maintenance and repair we can so we can be ready to hit the ground running when customer production starts back up.
Stay safe you guys, I’ll be back soon.
Posted on: 2020/3/22 3:43

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.