Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Liter
Metric unit of measure. In the case of engine displacement, it measures the total volume of all combustion chambers. Therefore in a 5.7L V8, each cha...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Oh! 4, Oh! 2, 2 Oh! 2 Oh!
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Ohh!

Posted on: 2020/4/2 12:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Oh! 4, Oh! 2, 2 Oh! 2 Oh!
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

They call it a trap .....

Watching news .......... It's a waste of time and emotion. I try to break away but it keeps sucking me back in. Hurricane coverage does that to me too.

Posted on: 2020/4/2 12:23

GRIS Re: Oh! 4, Oh! 2, 2 Oh! 2 Oh!
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7583 Posts

HI TOMMY---

SEMI-SUNNY AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, MORE RAIN IN THE FORECAST. THE CHEROKEES LONG FOR DRY WEATHER AND SUNSHINE.

NOT MUCH GOING ON HERE. THE GRANNY GUARD HAS CHANGED AGAIN, WE NOW HAVE #3 GRANDDAUGHTER AND THE WARRIOR PRINCESS. SEEMS LIKE A HOUSE FULL OF PEOPLE.
Posted on: 2020/4/2 13:15

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Oh! 4, Oh! 2, 2 Oh! 2 Oh!
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...Cloudy, chilly and windy today. Only going to do upper 40, maybe low 50s.Not sure I'll be able to spray today. Probably start on the second one.

We slept in to 8am and not in any hurry to do much.

Tommy,I try not to watch any major news, and don't even like watching local news much. Gris, sounds like you have plenty of help with taking care of DW.

Have a great day guys.
Posted on: 2020/4/2 13:59

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

j3studio Re: Oh! 4, Oh! 2, 2 Oh! 2 Oh!
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

Cold, breezy, and sunny in the Philadelphia area.

Posted on: 2020/4/2 15:00

Ultraman Re: Oh! 4, Oh! 2, 2 Oh! 2 Oh!
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

I just said that to my bride this morning.... stop watching the news...there is no good news right now.... she agreed and told me how wise I was and how lucky she was to be married to me.........

We got a day of crap weather coming... rain and snow and anything else they can come up with.... winter is not going to go easy into that big summer.....

Have a day Guru's....
Posted on: 2020/4/2 15:01

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: Oh! 4, Oh! 2, 2 Oh! 2 Oh!
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Good morning, sunny and beautiful here. It's because I'm in the office. When I'm home tomorrow and this weekend it will be cloudy and raining. I'm going stir crazy.
And, officials urge us to get out and "enjoy nature" however our camping and a couple of parks just got completely shut down. Reason? "out of state" people that aren't even supposed to be here clogging up our trails and parks and our own residents can't even enjoy our own parks and nature. People need to stay in their own state for sure at least. Now they've ruined it for all of us here.
Hoping not to have much to do but rest this weekend but the more I give it thought the longer my to-do list gets.
Y'all stay safe
Posted on: 2020/4/2 15:19

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

I type 110 wpm, and the time it takes me to type this I get logged out. What am I doing wrong?
Posted on: 2020/4/2 15:19

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Oh! 4, Oh! 2, 2 Oh! 2 Oh!
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7583 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
I type 110 wpm, and the time it takes me to type this I get logged out. What am I doing wrong?

YOU'RE TYPING TOO FAST. TRY USING TWO FINGERS AS I DO :-)

I GAVE UP ON TV YEARS AGO. FIFTEEN MINUTES OF COMMERCIALS FOR EVERY TEN MINUTES OF CONTENT. AND THE CONTENT IS INANE AT BEST. WHY BOTHER?
Posted on: 2020/4/2 18:10

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Ya. I'm a two finger typer myself. When I was in high school I thought, What do I need to know how to type for? So I passed on taking that class.

Had a solar panel/electric guy over. Thinking of converting the nursery and house over to a micro inverter: AP system. No batteries. Sell what we over generate back to the power company. Cost to us $2.50/watt purchase price. Came in cheaper and better system than 2 other competitive bidders. Panels made in the U.S.A with some great quality up to date materials and a 30 year warranty. Better Business A+ rated, licensed and insured family owned and operated tri-county company. 4-6 weeks to completion. Permitted and so forth. I didn't care too much one way or the other but Sue swayed me to at least take a look at it. It's only money. Right? There are tax credits, resale benefits and pay less for my monthly energy cost benefits. The salesman tried to talk me into converting the water heater, stove to gas. I told him no. Didn't want to have to deal with piping, tank storage and fill ups. He told us not to go with a battery back up system until battery technology improves. I agree.
Posted on: 2020/4/2 19:00

Ultraman Re: Oh! 4, Oh! 2, 2 Oh! 2 Oh!
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Yeah our electric bills are horrendous.... electric everything... heat with propane back up.... 3 fridges and a freezer.... I have looked at the solar options but needed to do that way back in the day.... I don't think I would ever see the pay out on it at my advance age..... never say never though....

Tesla is working on some very cool large capacity storage batteries but dey gonna be expensive.....

I remember my typing speed was 36 words per minute with no mistakes..... real proud of that I was and still am...
Posted on: 2020/4/2 19:15

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

j3studio Re: Oh! 4, Oh! 2, 2 Oh! 2 Oh!
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Had a solar panel/electric guy over. Thinking of converting the nursery and house over to a micro inverter: AP system. No batteries. Sell what we over generate back to the power company. Cost to us $2.50/watt purchase price. Came in cheaper and better system than 2 other competitive bidders. Panels made in the U.S.A with some great quality up to date materials and a 30 year warranty. Better Business A+ rated, licensed and insured family owned and operated tri-county company. 4-6 weeks to completion. Permitted and so forth. I didn't care too much one way or the other but Sue swayed me to at least take a look at it. It's only money. Right? There are tax credits, resale benefits and pay less for my monthly energy cost benefits. The salesman tried to talk me into converting the water heater, stove to gas. I told him no. Didn't want to have to deal with piping, tank storage and fill ups. He told us not to go with a battery back up system until battery technology improves. I agree.

We looked at solar a couple of years ago, but we have no good angles that aren't obscured by trees—the same thing that once made satellite a no go for us.

I'm still interested in how it goes for you. Agreed that battery backups aren't there yet, but my extremely smart electrician thinks they are the definitive future.

Posted on: 2020/4/2 20:29

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

I want to do that here for our house or at least the pool house/shop. Electric is horrendous for us. I do want to get an on demand water heater this year and then I can convert that closet space to a nice pantry.
I know absolutely nothing about solar and need help and education. Nobody here knows much and far as I am aware of, no tax credits for Arkansas in my area
Posted on: 2020/4/2 21:37

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

24 or 26% Federal Tax credit till end of 2021 I believe. Still a big expense up front. $60k for the whole system but it powers pond pumps, irrigation pumps plus the home. My average monthly bill is $400. I told Sue it doesn't really matter for me because of my age but her being 6 year younger she might see the benefit down the line. Biggest drawback is the out of pocket. I think it would take 8 years or so to hit break even. After that it would be smooth sailing. Panels have 25 year warranty. 10 year full company warranty. Think we are going to do it. Like I mentioned . I think it is a wash for me. It would also recover some if it ever went for resale. Again, probably not in my lifetime. I'm here for the duration lol I'm getting a good price because work is drying up for the company due yo Covid-19. First quote was $65K A neighbor with lower demands got a separate quote of 50k from a different company. A second company I checked with for us had a less desirable system and quoted me $62,500.
Posted on: 2020/4/3 1:38

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.