Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
155 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C2
Abbreviation for the 2nd generation of Corvettes built from 1963-1967....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 14.IV.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

HI Y'ALL---

Attach file:

jpg  77.jpg (69.59 KB)
12496_5e95b31f6194b.jpg 395X484 px
Posted on: 2020/4/14 12:49

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 14.IV.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

CLOUDY, CALM, AND COLD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. THE CHEROKEES ARE WATCHING THE MILDEW GROW. IT'S THE KIND OF MORNING THAT YOU WONDER WHY YOU BOTHERED TO GET UP :-|

HAVE TO MAKE A POSTOFFICE RUN INTO FT GIB TODAY, AT LEAST THAT WILL GET ME OUT OF THE HOUSE.

STAND FAST, GURUS

Posted on: 2020/4/14 12:55

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

j3studio Re: 14.IV.20
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

(that's two dueling posts in a week, Gris)

Good morning, all.

We got lucky in the Philadelphia area yesterday: instead of the predicted 60 mph wind gusts, we only saw about 45 mph and the local utility has performed quite well getting power restored to those who lost it. Still, we were under a tornado watch most of the day from the same system that killed 33 in the south.

Today, it's colder and sunny.

Posted on: 2020/4/14 13:05

TommyT-Bone Re: 14.IV.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Hot, hot, hot.

Sue had me up and at'em early. I was out the door at 08:15 to drop a trailer off at the shop. I'm back home and dressed at 09:15. An anomaly for my shower and dress times of late. I've been ready usually by about 10:30. No rushing for me much anymore and also more of the "I can do this later" stuff. I have lots of "I can do this later" chores. But really, I need to get my as in gear. Maybe tomorrow.
Posted on: 2020/4/14 13:24

Ultraman Re: 14.IV.20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

cold and clear again....... and I am out the door with no more time to snore....... I'll see ya when I see ya Guru's.........
Posted on: 2020/4/14 14:42

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: 14.IV.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

I guess our 'new' normal time to get up is 8am, because that's when we apparently are now getting up, and if that's the new normal, then it's not sleeping in, is it?

Cold, cloudy and breezy when we got up. About mid-morning, the Sun came out and warmed the temps up a bit, but the wind is bringing moisture in, so it still feels cold. The weather gurus are saying snow this afternoon-evening, maybe up to a couple inches.

I've been in the shop working on the new end tables...I should have them assembled by the time I quit for the day...if I can keep people from bothering me. I had the lady, who brought me her computer yesterday to clean up, come and get it, I've had several phone calls about various things and a neighbor come over so I could cut some miters on some boards he is installing (he'll be back again later to cut cut more pieces) and I just got a call from another guy who wants me to come look at working on a door, so I'll head over there pretty soon. With all that going on, I still hope to get the tables glued together.

Posted on: 2020/4/14 18:50

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: 14.IV.20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

I tell myself I will sleep in on the weekends and never fails I'm up an hour earlier than I would be during the week.
Happy belated birthday Marcus, sorry I've been out of pocket.
Plumbing issues wrecked my weekend, nowehre to get parts and it's still not fixed. Pipe on the clawfoot tub split and there weren't any shut off valves on it so woke up to a flooded house Saturday. I had to run to town to do a couple of things and by the time I got home, my patch and restraint effort failed and floor was flooded again. I kept on and even tried pool liner repair glue kit, nothing. He was helping his brother an hour away putting a roof on. I finally messaged him and reminded him that they had other help besides him and I needed him home to take care of our OWN house. Shut off valves now in place and it's stopped for the moment. Still no parts anywhere.
Nursing home things, and it's Easter so I tried to do what I could for her, and then family drama of my aunt and cousins overcame me yesterday. Seems when there's an issue I catch it from all sides like I'm supposed to be some mediator or something.
Anywho - hope everyone had a good calm weekend and a good week to follow.
Posted on: 2020/4/14 22:11

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 14.IV.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Got a few things done today. Good. That means there is hope for tomorrow. Sue is going to clean up Mil and Fil's tomorrow and I have to drive a load of stuff up in the box truck so that means I'll be up and out early again. Means I'll be back early too. Probably around 10:00. Now it's time to relax. Good. I'm beat.
Posted on: 2020/4/14 22:45

Ultraman Re: 14.IV.20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

dang it VB......that's just the kinda thing Tee loves to help out with.... if he was only closer......
Posted on: 2020/4/15 0:13

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: 14.IV.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Well, I had several more interruptions. I stopped for a while (two hours) to work on the front door of a ladys' house. installing a new door knob and weatherstripping. The call came from the painting crew chief, the owners are snowbirds and still in the south, so he called me to come fix it (with the owners blessing). It's an old house and there have been several different door knobs on the old door over the years. Apparently, whoever put the last one on, put it on in a bind and broke the inside mechanism when using it, so the crew chief had purchased another one and was told, by the owners, to NOT call the other guy to do ANYMORE work for them. Well, I got it together, but as I told the guy, I really need to do some repairs on the inside of the door where the knob sits as the previous hole was really too big for the new knob and it doesn't sit properly. He's going to look at it and let me know if I need to go back and do the repair.

When I got home, I was able to get the end tables glued together.

A couple pics here of details of the table.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

The assembled tables

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image
Posted on: 2020/4/15 0:29

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: 14.IV.20
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

That’s pretty nice work there, Tee
Posted on: 2020/4/15 5:12

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.