Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
196 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone 04.18.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Hello.
Posted on: 2020/4/18 12:50
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: 04.18.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

In the year 2025 if man is still alive
If woman can survive, they may find ......

Posted on: 2020/4/18 12:53

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

You know these bacterial and viral infestations could wipe out a good number of the planet at any given time. It got me to thinking. There would be some great buying opportunities and some possible steals in the classic and exotic car market. All these dead people and nobody to drive the cars. Fuel would be abundant. Money would have little to no value. Of course there is always the possibility that the dream would be short lived. Just a thought.

Attach file:

jpg  car-collection.jpg (201.66 KB)
852_5e9afa801bfe4.jpg 1276X750 px
Posted on: 2020/4/18 12:59

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

As in any situation you can laugh or you can cry. Laughing feels better. Worrying accomplishes nothing.
Posted on: 2020/4/18 13:05

GRIS Re: 04.18.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

CLEAR, CALM, AND COLD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, HAS A FROST LAST NIGHT. THE CHEROKEES THINK THAT'S OK AS LONG AS THE SUN SHINES :-)

TOMMY: IF YOU WANT TO GET A FEEL FOR WHAT HAPPENS IN AN UNCONTROLLED PANDEMIC READ UP ON THE BLACK DEATH IN THE MID 14TH CENTURY. IN EUROPE A THIRD OF THE POPULATION DIED. THERE IS ENOUGH RECORDED INFORMATION ON THIS ON THIS TO KNOW WHAT WENT ON THERE, IN THE REST OF THE WORLD NOT SO MUCH. THERE WERE EARLIER PANDEMICS, BUT THEY ARE NOT AS WELL RECORDED.

YESTERDAY WAS EVENTFUL, I HAD DISCOVERED A LEAK FROM THE DISH WASHER AND CALLED OUR PREFERRED PLUMBER. IT'S A FAMILY OPERATION AND THE YOUNGEST SON SHOWED UP. HE WAS A BIT AT A LOSS AND WAS SOON REINFORCED BY DAD AND AN OLDER BROTHER.

THEN WHILE THE KITCHEN WAS FULL OF PLUMBERS #3 GS AND GF SHOWED UP.

IN ADDITION THERE WAS A MILD PANIC WHEN I COULDN'T FIND MY ATM CARD---IT WAS HIDING IN MY BILLFOLD :-0

AND THE HUMMING BIRDS ARE BACK, FIRST ONE SHOWED UP THE MORNING AFTER I HUNG THE FEEDERS. LIFE GOES ON.
Posted on: 2020/4/18 13:47

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: 04.18.20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Supposed to hit 71 degrees today..... snow all gone...... spring is on the way...... have to start contemplating getting the Corvette out of hibernation........ been in for awhile.... probably have to learn how to shift again........ no really its like riding a bike..... you never forget....

I will be working today....... just letting you know...... have a grand day Guru's....
Posted on: 2020/4/18 14:51

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: 04.18.20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Only supposed to be 59 today. I still need to get mulch out. More deep cleaning at the office yesterday I'm too tired n sore to mess with it. sun will be out however so that's a bonus. Rain tomorrow.
Found out one of my old coworkers from the paper is now in hospice. I hate to hear that for her. She had dementia or something and had to retire. Company took care of her as long as they could. Adn now it's about to meet it's end. Corporate bout to destroy a 100+ year old family establishment. Sad. All that history thanks to Paxton Media Group.
hope you all have a great day
Posted on: 2020/4/18 14:55

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: 04.18.20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Happy Weekend CGs!

Still cool here. We've actually had a few days of snow if you can believe that. Most is melted now but still a little remaining.

Hoping to take the Corvette out next weekend. I need to pick up a new battery first.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2020/4/18 16:16

Matatk Re: 04.18.20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

YESTERDAY WAS EVENTFUL, I HAD DISCOVERED A LEAK FROM THE DISH WASHER AND CALLED OUR PREFERRED PLUMBER. IT'S A FAMILY OPERATION AND THE YOUNGEST SON SHOWED UP. HE WAS A BIT AT A LOSS AND WAS SOON REINFORCED BY DAD AND AN OLDER BROTHER.

THEN WHILE THE KITCHEN WAS FULL OF PLUMBERS #3 GS AND GF SHOWED UP.

Plumbing, you say? Why didn't you just call TB?
Posted on: 2020/4/18 16:17

teebee Re: 04.18.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys... got up new normal time. Decided to bring in the new side tables, which prompted a flurry of cleaning, throwing away and rearranging. The tables look perfect in the room.

Iy was low 40s when we got up and is low 60s already and headed to mid 70s, sunny and breezy.
Posted on: 2020/4/18 16:29

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

OK, in our cleaning spree I found a front timing chain gasket for my old 94 LT1. Gris, youhave an LT1 in one of your cars, right? I would send this to you if you want it. Hate to throw it away, would prefer someone who might use it to have it.
Posted on: 2020/4/18 16:40

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: 04.18.20
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Hi all. Just cruising thru and it seems like all is as well as can be for everyone.
I just watched the 2525 video. After 50+ years it’s still a good song!

I’m kinda curious, what do you guys think of this entire situation?
I’m not sure whether or not it’s real, or hoax. Sure there are folks sick with the virus, but I’m still not entirely convinced on the set of changes we’ve all had to go through.
Let’s try and keep any blame game out of it, but what do you all think?
Posted on: 2020/4/18 20:06

GRIS Re: 04.18.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
OK, in our cleaning spree I found a front timing chain gasket for my old 94 LT1. Gris, youhave an LT1 in one of your cars, right? I would send this to you if you want it. Hate to throw it away, would prefer someone who might use it to have it.

SURE, TEE I'VE GOT TWO LT1'S. I'LL PUT IT UP AND HOPE I DON'T EVER HAVE TO USE IT :-)

I'LL PM YOU A MAILING ADDRESS
Posted on: 2020/4/18 22:41

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

PM returned Gris. Should go out in the mail Monday.

Yea Matt, call me!

Bob, I'm like you...not sure if it is real or not. I'm doing my stay at home thing, social distancing thing, but not sure it is really as bad as they make it out to be. Rosie just got notice that our county now has it's first confirmed case.
Posted on: 2020/4/18 23:37

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 04.18.20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

I know that this flu is nasty on the lungs..... much worse than the regular flu...... I know I do not want to get it....but I don't want to get the regular flu and have not for a long time..... I do get a flu shot every year and I think that makes me feel like I am protected but it may be more mental then anything.

Won't be normal until we can get a shot that will keep us from getting the new flu or at least make us think we are protected....... all I know is this sucks......... real threat or not it is very infectious and moves easily and fast....... just going to take some time....... but we have to kick start the economy soon or there won't be an economy........
Posted on: 2020/4/19 0:44

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Bob, living in South Florida I can tell you here it's the real deal and I have confirmation from some in the NYC area it's serious. My friends in Boston are also in hibernation while we try to stem the tide on the spread of this known killer. I'm sure many areas are not as affected. The Keys to the south of me are allowing in only residents and workers only. All the restaurants are curbside only and hotels are closed They have had about 70 cases in the Keys and less than 10 related deaths but I'm sure it's because they adhere to social distancing guidelines. Every guru is probably in a high risk category so if you can abide by the precautions I believe it is worth the effort. I fear a resurgence when everybody starts to resume a somewhat normal lifestyle but as has been announced will require a gradual phase in. This virus is causing nothing but pain to everyone in lost income, home schooling efforts, and everything in the nation and the world as a whole. It's a good wake up call for future potential pandemics. With the ever increasing expansion of the population and a world economy, it's only a matter of time before the next viral or bacterial mutation challenges modern medicine again.

https://www.floridadisaster.org/covid1 ... hEWv1CWTyEQFF82XXK5IENZvI
Posted on: 2020/4/19 3:28

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

This from a friend of mine I respect in the medical community.

David Tobolowsky

Sharing a thought re COVID-19, while I remember it—by this time in May, we should have the preliminary results of controlled clinical trials of several agents, and it may be that several prove effective. However, there are reports of people apparently recovering and subsequently testing positive again. Viruses may develop resistance to agents due to evolution; several agents which once worked against influenza no longer do. Will SARS-CoV-2 rapidly develop resistance to the agents which prove effective? If people who apparently recover return to work but again test positive, will they spread to others a multi-resistant strain of the virus? We don’t have answers to this and won’t for some time. Keep this in mind before you decide to unnecessarily expose yourself and others in public.
Posted on: 2020/4/19 4:06

Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Thanks Tommy. I agree with you that precautions are needed and my family observes them.
Thanks for the info about other places and from your friend.
If what I’ve read is true, the virus can’t take heat above 80 Celsius. If it’s true, then hopefully a good hot summer might help. Try to tough it out and keep the a/c off in the hot weather for a day or so each week and it’ll die off. At least that’s my thinking.
I hope you guys all stay healthy and safe.
Posted on: 2020/4/19 16:36

Elite Guru
1409 Posts

I just went back and read all the replies to my post. U-man and TeeBee, thanks to you also for the responses.
Posted on: 2020/4/19 16:44

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.