Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C1
Abbreviation for the 1st generation of Corvettes built from 1953-1962....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 28 APR 20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

HI EVERYBODY---
Posted on: 2020/4/28 13:28

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 28 APR 20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

SORTA SUNNY AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, SOME SERIOUS WEATHER PREDICTED FOR THIS EVENING. THE CHEROKEES PREPARE TO HUNKER DOWN.

GUESS I'LL GO AHEAD AND ROTATE CARS BEFORE THE STORM. BARBER SHOPS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE OPEN NOW. TOMORROW I'LL MAKE A TRY AT GETTING BACK INTO THAT ROUTINE.

ALWAYS FORWARD, GURUS---
Posted on: 2020/4/28 13:35

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: 28 APR 20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Morning Gris..... and fellow Guru's.... a bit cloudy today but still will be warm. Big Ag is rolling right now with planters planting everywhere... corn and soybean seeds are going in the ground.... now if we could only get the prices up where they need to be.

Ethanol is in the tank because no one is driving anywhere anymore and oil is all so at historic lows.... while its good for us who love to drive it is not good for prices....

I better go out and get some things done....... happy happy Guru's....
Posted on: 2020/4/28 14:05

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: 28 APR 20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Been spending the past few days with the kids and the wife so haven't been checking in, sorry.

Even though oil prices are in the gutter we haven't seen that translate to "low" gas prices like I've seen posted on the internet. Still about $1.75 a gallon for regular (with 10% ethanol, the devil's juice). Illinois does have one of the highest gas tax rates but still.

I wanted to get the car out this past weekend but the weather has sucked and no reason to take it out to let it sit. Maybe I'll get it next week.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2020/4/28 14:09

Ultraman Re: 28 APR 20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

I took the cover off mine and topped off the battery and that's as far as I got. Sending some nice weather to ya Matt.....
Posted on: 2020/4/28 15:25

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: 28 APR 20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Good afternoon.
Gris glad to hear the wife is better.
I was reading through all the missed days and was interested in the '12 4LT interiors. I have a '12 Grand Sport Centennial my interior is what I'd consider the 3LT but I have suede also. The prev owner removed some of it such as the center console cover ( I can understand why) an the steering wheel, but my seat centers and gear shift are suede. My headrest says "100" on it. My steering wheel that was suede he replaced with a carbon fiber one. I actually like it. I can see where that suede mess would get funky after a while. I have a copy of my sticker i think one of these days I'll get it out and look.
It's supposed to be a beautiful week and weekend here, hoping so. I need to water the plants. Haven't stopped much since I got off work Thursday except for a break here and there while doing junk in the house and outside. We tried to go fishing one day but crowds of little noisy kids showed up so we left and just rode around.
Hope everyone has a good day.
Posted on: 2020/4/28 18:25

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

j3studio Re: 28 APR 20
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

I was reading through all the missed days and was interested in the '12 4LT interiors. I have a '12 Grand Sport Centennial my interior is what I'd consider the 3LT but I have suede also. The prev owner removed some of it such as the center console cover ( I can understand why) an the steering wheel, but my seat centers and gear shift are suede. My headrest says "100" on it. My steering wheel that was suede he replaced with a carbon fiber one. I actually like it. I can see where that suede mess would get funky after a while. I have a copy of my sticker i think one of these days I'll get it out and look.

Letty, we also got the suede with the 3LT and the Centennial—and we've owned ours since new. A couple years ago I heard ago I heard a GM product person refer to the Centennial's 3LT as 3LT+. I think they were just trying to control product variation …

Posted on: 2020/4/28 19:04

TommyT-Bone Re: 28 APR 20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Nice day here . High 85 with moderate humidity. The second inspection was today for the electrical portion of the solar project. Everything was fine except the inspector wanted a ground bar inside the breaker box. The 78 panels are going up now. The next inspection will be the final. Probably about 85-90% done now. Total panel production will be at 24,500 watts. The one thing I didn't like when I read the panels will lose about 20% efficiency over 25 years. No big deal. By then I will have lost 100% efficiency.
Posted on: 2020/4/28 19:08

teebee Re: 28 APR 20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys... Up and around this morning. Loaded up and went down to see how the stairs were going at the house and helped the kid putting the treads and risers on a hand for a while then the owner came in and we discussed the order she made for the balustrade parts. I told her we had to change some, take away a piece or two and add the balusters for the stairs going down.

Then I went over to #2s house, and sponged off the walls, then put the next coat of mud on. It was time for lunch then. After lunch, I gathered up some tools and a bifold door to installl at #2s house. I got that done and then went to the storage garage and put the extra sheet rock screws away and dug up a wild rose bush that grows around it, as Rosie wanted a piece to plant at the house...

I got to say, I'm tired and may just take a nap.
Posted on: 2020/4/28 19:42

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: 28 APR 20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

Letty, we also got the suede with the 3LT and the Centennial—and we've owned ours since new. A couple years ago I heard ago I heard a GM product person refer to the Centennial's 3LT as 3LT+. I think they were just trying to control product variation …

Does you sticker list Centennial Separate or just say 3LT+ for interior?
Mine I think has 3LT but then the Centennial was added for about $5,000. You had the option to choose black or chrome wheels. Of course my prev owner had chrome chosen I want black like everyone else
Posted on: 2020/4/28 21:15

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

j3studio Re: 28 APR 20
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

Does you sticker list Centennial Separate or just say 3LT+ for interior? Mine I think has 3LT but then the Centennial was added for about $5,000. You had the option to choose black or chrome wheels. Of course my prev owner had chrome chosen I want black like everyone else

I think 3LT+ was a joke—they were just trying to say why the 3LT in Centennials was a little nicer than other 3LTs of the same era. Remember that ours is a narrow-body, not a GS like I believe yours is. On our car, sticker was $5,995 for the 3LT (which was required with the Centennial package) and $4,950 for the Centennial package itself, and they are listed seperately. We ended up with $15,380 (!) worth of options—Chevrolet was definitely learning from Porsche …

Posted on: 2020/4/28 21:46

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.