Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone 04.29.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Hello!
Posted on: 2020/4/29 11:49
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: 04.29.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Heard something yesterday about it feeling like the 90th of March. Some easing starts today in South Florida with the opening of parks and boat ramps. Governor insists it will be a slow and gradual process getting everything up and running. Distancing and mask use will continue. Not sure how this will play out when people start coming in from other areas. Keys to remain closed through May. Open only to residents and workers with authorization. No hotels open or seating at restaurants.

Sue goes to the foot doctor today. All has not been well. Nerve shooting pain. A second surgeon is meeting with the first surgeon and Sue today to discuss yet another surgery. More than likely to sleeve the nerve that is creating the discomfort. In and unbelievable, never ending relationship with the medical community the next surgery will be Sue's 90th lifetime surgery. I'm somewhere around 7. Only 1 of mine was major.

Have a good'n.
Posted on: 2020/4/29 12:06

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

As seen on Facebook

India foxtrot. Yankee oscar uniform. Charlie alpha november. Uniform november delta echo romeo sierra tango alpha november delta. Tango hotel india sierra. Lima india kilo echo. Charlie oscar papa yankee. Alpha november delta. Papa alpha sierra tango echo. Tango oscar. Yankee oscar uniform romeo. Sierra tango alpha tango uniform sierra. -
Posted on: 2020/4/29 13:58

GRIS Re: 04.29.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

HI TOMMY, SORRY TO HEAR SUE IS STILL IN THE CLUTCHES OF THE MEDICAL COLOSSUS.

IT'S SUNNY AND COOL HERE, AFTER YESTERDAYS DIRE FORECAST AND HYPERVENTILATING TV COVERAGE. HERE IT AMOUNTED TO A HALF INCH OF RAIN, AND I HAVE SEEN NOTHING ABOUT TORNADOES, HAIL, WIND DAMAGE. TULSA GOT SOME HEAVY RAIN.

I GOT OUT EARLY AND OVER TO TAHLEQUAH FOR A LONG AWAITED HAIRCUT. MY EARS ARE VISIBLE AGAIN :-) ALL SEEMED NORMAL AT THE BARBER EXCEPT THE MASKED BARBERESS. I'LL MAKE A RUN TO MUSKOGEE LATER TO STOCK UP ON BIRD SEED AND MILK-BONE FOR SWEETHEART.

IF IT DRYS OUT SOME I MAY DO SOME MORE TRIMMING & BLOW OFF THE PATIOS. A GOOD DAY TO BE OUTSIDE I HOPE.
Posted on: 2020/4/29 14:05

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

GRIS Re: 04.29.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

As seen on Facebook

India foxtrot. Yankee oscar uniform. Charlie alpha november. Uniform november delta echo romeo sierra tango alpha november delta. Tango hotel india sierra. Lima india kilo echo. Charlie oscar papa yankee. Alpha november delta. Papa alpha sierra tango echo. Tango oscar. Yankee oscar uniform romeo. Sierra tango alpha tango uniform sierra. -

SOMEBODY REMEMBERS THEIR GI RT ALPHABET :-)
Posted on: 2020/4/29 14:08

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: 04.29.20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Had some huuuggee stawms our way last night, rain carried on into this morning. I had to take some stuff to the nursing home for her today and she wanted a hummingbird feeder and new flag put out so I'm out there in the rain before work. Of course by the time I pull into the work parking lot the sun is out and it's beautiful outside.
So sorry to hear of your wife's surgical woes Tommy. My foot pain hasn't eased really either and it's been what, 5 months now? I mean it was just a simple bunion removal. A friend had the bunion/hammertoe whole thing and he's doing better than me. Feels like soemone is mashing my toe a lot on the bottom end. Weird nerve sensations still also.

From yesterday:
Quote:

j3studio wrote:
<p>Quote:
vetteblondie wrote:</p><p>Does you sticker list Centennial Separate or just say 3LT+ for interior? Mine I think has 3LT but then the Centennial was added for about $5,000. You had the option to choose black or chrome wheels. Of course my prev owner had chrome chosen I want black like everyone else
</p><p>I think 3LT<strong>+</strong> was a joke—they were just trying to say why the 3LT in Centennials was a little nicer than other 3LTs of the same era. Remember that ours is a narrow-body, not a GS like I believe yours is. On our car, sticker was <strong>$5,995</strong> for the 3LT (which was <em><strong>required</strong></em> with the Centennial package) and <strong>$4,950</strong> for the Centennial package itself, and they are listed seperately. We ended up with <strong>$15,380</strong> (!) worth of options—Chevrolet was definitely learning from Porsche …</p>

I just assumed the 3LT on the GS Centennial was basic stuff and the suede and all that was "part" of the added Centennial upgrade. Either way, they'll get their cash one way or another.

Wish we could go to the beach from here. Kinda hard to do on a 'day' run. I have a friend living near Pensacola who's arguing with me, "let us enjoy them for a while" to which I replied "first, you live there and never go" and "y'all can go any day of the week at your whim for free, people like us only get one week a year and we've tried three years now and have had to keep cancelling, plus what it COSTS us to go." We have done our best to understand each other's side .
And here the NOLA people flooded our areas so the Gov closed it to everyone. I figure he could've at least had the out of staters towed off or turn them around at the state line like FLA is doing to us. Seems fair.
Posted on: 2020/4/29 14:41

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 04.29.20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Whazzup Guru's...? Farming is up here......that and the wind.... nothing to stop it out here on the Great American Desert......

Just checking in....stay healthy......
Posted on: 2020/4/29 15:26

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

CorvetteBob Re: 04.29.20
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

As seen on Facebook

Got it
Posted on: 2020/4/29 16:09

CorvetteBob Re: 04.29.20
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

I’m really sorry to hear of Sue’s ongoing issues. I sure hope there’s a good and comfortable solution for her. Pain sucks almost as much as diy plumbing.

Everyone have a great day!
Posted on: 2020/4/29 16:14

teebee Re: 04.29.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys, Woke up when Rosie got up and thought I'll wait until she comes out of the bathroom before I get up...next thing I know it's an hour later. So I get a late start.

Made a few phone calls and worked in the shop. The company the lady bought the house from, (it's a modular home), was one of my phone calls. They are paying me for all the changes she wanted/expected at my price.

Was pretty windy early, but has eased up and the temps have soared into the low 70s. Mid 80s to low 90s the next three days.......
Posted on: 2020/4/29 20:39

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

These are actual comments made by Georgia State Troopers that were taken off their car videos:

1. "You know, stop lights don't come any redder than the one you just went through."

2. "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch after you wear them a while."

3. "If you take your hands off the car, I'll make your birth certificate a worthless document." (My Favorite)

4. "If you run, you'll only go to jail tired."

5. "Can you run faster than 1200 feet per second? Because that's the speed of the bullet that will be chasing you." (LOVE IT)

6. "You don't know how fast you were going? I guess that means I can write anything I want to on the ticket, huh?"

7. "Yes, sir, you can talk to the shift supervisor, but I don't think it will help. Oh, did I mention that I'm the shift supervisor?"

8. "Warning! You want a warning? O.K, I'm warning you not to do that again or I'll give you another ticket."

9. "The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?"

10. "Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you go to ride on rides, eat cotton candy and corn dogs and step in monkey poop."

11. "Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife gets a toaster oven."

12. "In God we trust; all others we run through NCIC." ( National Crime Information Center )

13. "Just how big were those 'two beers' you say you had?"

14. "No sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to, but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we can."

15. "I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail."

AND THE WINNER IS....

16. "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't. Sign here."
Posted on: 2020/4/30 2:05

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.