Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
192 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C1
Abbreviation for the 1st generation of Corvettes built from 1953-1962....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone tweny-ay-may tweny tweny
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Hi!
Posted on: 2020/5/28 13:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: tweny-ay-may tweny tweny
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Trying to get busy. My first attempt was thwarted by a telecommunication device. I really wish I could just leave my cell phone on the kitchen counter but that could be counter productive.
Posted on: 2020/5/28 13:59

GRIS Re: tweny-ay-may tweny tweny
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

HI TOMMY

OVERCAST AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, WAS FOGGY WHEN I GOT UP. ANOTHER TWO INCHES IN THE RAIN GAUGE.

CURRENTLY READING ABOUT THE ME 262 SWALLOW/STORMBIRD. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A HELL OF A PLANE IF THE ENGINES HAD BEEN RELIABLE. OF COURSE IT CAME ALONG WAY TOO LATE IN THE WAR TO HAVE ANY GREAT EFFECT.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA, TOO WET TO DO ANYTHING OUTSIDE. THE WEATHER WIZARDS SAY IT WILL CLEAR OFF TOMORROW---HERE'S HOPING.
Posted on: 2020/5/28 14:34

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: tweny-ay-may tweny tweny
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Was really impressed by your words yesterday Tommy.
My folks were depression kids, mother didn't have much, none of them did when you have that many kids, and yes they picked cotton to get by, and worked at the Singer factory. Mammaw didn't get to go to school but made sure her kids did. She taught herself basic math, did her own taxes and what not. My mom often had to have us live with a relative but she made sure I merged with the other normal kids and had what she could afford. I know she gave up a lot for me. It was hard to do on her own making $1.10 an hour when I was small, then in high school she made $121/week. I'm sure she cried a lot.
Busy day here too, 24 ft trailer, quotes to gather and give, a casket wrap, more stuff from yeserday etc.
Sun is out and it's warm and humid here. Wanted to go somewhere this weekend but been too busy to look for a spot. Maybe something will drop in our laps.
Have a great day
Posted on: 2020/5/28 16:21

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Had to replace 2 lawnmower blades on my Ariens. The first one was stubborn so I left it and went to the other side. Easy peasy. A little pressure and the nut came right off. Back to the other side. Muscled, heated, banged . No joy. Looks like I'll need a pulley wrench and even then don't know if it will come off. If not I'll have to get a sledge and dent every piece of frame and body, smash the gas tank and throw a match on it and watch it burn. AAahhhhhhhh! Rigginfriggin sassafrasson shidilibop! I might be a little frayed. It's 90* and humid. Shirt soaking humid. Guess I'll just cut the grass with one new and one worn out blade. I have a lot to do but thinking of taking some short cuts.
Posted on: 2020/5/28 16:56

vetteblondie Re: tweny-ay-may tweny tweny
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

It just rained so hard here I thought my ceiling was caving in. Then now it looks outside like it never even happened.
Might be at the office late. Have a 24-ft trailer to get some of it in the printer so he can work this weekend. Also got the 'flag drape' on the casket. I need to get in there and take me a selfie
Posted on: 2020/5/28 22:10

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: tweny-ay-may tweny tweny
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

ANOTHER STEP FORWARD: WE WENT OUT TO EAT SUPPER AT OUT FAVORITE EYE-TIE PLACE IN TAHLEQUAH.
VEAL SICILIANO---YUM!
Posted on: 2020/5/29 0:55

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

My neighbor that owns a property maintenance company got the nut off that was securing the blade in about 10 seconds. He used an impact wrench and put down force on the blade. Made my day. Lucky for me I have some great neighbors. I calmed down soon after writing my last post. Just got frustrated fighting it. I did the right thing though. I put my few tools up and just walked away. All is well again.
Posted on: 2020/5/29 0:58

Ultraman Re: tweny-ay-may tweny tweny
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

heck Tommy I kinda wanted to see you blow that thing up...... I mean.... you know.......

Casket wrap?? I would like to see a picture of that? very cool......

Had some Seed Corn maggots getting into the soybeans today so had to rush out and figure out what to do....... I know I know..... I live an exciting life out here...... it's war I'm telling ya......

Have a good night Guru's........ tomorrow I will be up getting Quicksilver out of shop and driving it home....... hoorah......
Posted on: 2020/5/29 1:58

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.