Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4+3
This is the manual transmission from 1984-1988.

It’s a Borg-Warner Super T-10 with a planetary overdrive attached to the tail shaft housing.
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS FIRST OF JULY 2020
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

DID ANYBODY SEE WHERE JUNE WENT?
Posted on: 2020/7/1 11:47

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

djxib Re: FIRST OF JULY 2020
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

June disappeared into the twilight zone.

Morning all... continuing with the brake maintenance this week, did rotors/pads/ss lines on the front yesterday, rears and new master planned tomorrow. Also did an oil/+ filter change (The old oil was just nasty) and installed a new lower coolant hose.. glad the coolant loss wasn't a head gasket. Also found an arcing plug wire so looks like plugs and wires are in my future. All this before any suspension stuff.

Posted on: 2020/7/1 12:15

1996 Greenwood Collectors Edition LT4

Previously 1992 Convertible Polo Green. 383 LT1/LT4 forged/balanced. V7-YSi, Alky. 608RWHP... Now sitting at a dismantler with a salvage title. Still runs...

j3studio Re: FIRST OF JULY 2020
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

DID ANYBODY SEE WHERE JUNE WENT?

A blur, Gris.

Posted on: 2020/7/1 12:20

j3studio Re: FIRST OF JULY 2020
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

djxib wrote:

Morning all... continuing with the brake maintenance this week, did rotors/pads/ss lines on the front yesterday, rears and new master planned tomorrow. Also did an oil/+ filter change (The old oil was just nasty) and installed a new lower coolant hose.. glad the coolant loss wasn't a head gasket. Also found an arcing plug wire so looks like plugs and wires are in my future.

All that clean-up from previous owners—I remember it well with my 1985.

Posted on: 2020/7/1 12:22

TommyT-Bone Re: FIRST OF JULY 2020
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:

Quote:

djxib wrote:

Morning all... continuing with the brake maintenance this week, did rotors/pads/ss lines on the front yesterday, rears and new master planned tomorrow. Also did an oil/+ filter change (The old oil was just nasty) and installed a new lower coolant hose.. glad the coolant loss wasn't a head gasket. Also found an arcing plug wire so looks like plugs and wires are in my future.

I can relate.
Posted on: 2020/7/1 12:33

TommyT-Bone Re: FIRST OF JULY 2020
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Good morning one and all.
Been working like an indentured servant but I like that things are getting done. Solar panel billing update. My bill last month was a partial bill because there was an overlap of service and with the start up. The bill was $129. Usually around $400. This is the first full production month and my projected bill is around $50. We use between 3200 and 3400 kwH a month at this time of year. I have the A/C going full time in the back shed/office. A little tweaking with LED light bulbs and doing stuff like laundry when the system is producing could swing it lower. We are using our power at will so $50 is great but $0 is even better. This year is one of those years I want to wake up and it be over. Miss my cruises. Too many surgeries, and the other outside crap that's going on that I am avoiding. Saharan dust is keeping the rain away , the temps hot and it's been sunny. June is usually the wettest month of the year but the rains came early this year. I'm sure we'll get something sometime.

May the best things in life be yours.
Posted on: 2020/7/1 12:49

GRIS Re: FIRST OF JULY 2020
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

SUNNY, WARM, AND HUMID IN THE NATIONS; THE CHEROKEES ARE BREAKING A SWEAT.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY, WE'LL GO OVER TO FAYETTEVILLE TOMORROW FOR AN H&I VISIT WITH THE ARKIES. DIL IS KUNG FLU PARANOID, SO WE WILL SEE HOW THAT WILL WORK OUT :-|

DARLING WIFE, WHO WAS SIMMERING ON THE FRONT PORCH, HAS RETREATED TO THE AC :-)

KEEP UP THE FIRE, GURUS---
Posted on: 2020/7/1 13:13
Edited by GRIS on 2020/7/1 13:36:29

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: FIRST OF JULY 2020
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys... nice start, mid 60s early, upper 60s now. Headed to the low 90s, so we get a little break from the heat for a couple days.

Helping my 83 year old neighbor run some concrete today. He's putting in an escape window. HE, by himself, hand dug the 6' x 10' x 6' hole for the well. He's NOT your 'normal' 83 year old.

Got to go, have a great day.
Posted on: 2020/7/1 13:30

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

j3studio wrote:

Quote:

djxib wrote:

I can relate.

Havent even started thinking about the loose door cards, floppy throttle pedal, unrestrained window motors, and paintwork that feels like sandpaper.

Interestingly, it looks like several panels have a vinyl wrap. In a couple areas I can see some minor/feint bubbling from certain angles that disappear when I press on them. Given the car has this extensive body kit, not sure of the implementation technique. Looks amazing from 10 feet but not so hot from 2.

Stay safe gurus
Posted on: 2020/7/1 13:40

Previously 1992 Convertible Polo Green. 383 LT1/LT4 forged/balanced. V7-YSi, Alky. 608RWHP... Now sitting at a dismantler with a salvage title. Still runs...

Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Good morning one and all.
Been working like an indentured servant but I like that things are getting done. Solar panel billing update. My bill last month was a partial bill because there was an overlap of service and with the start up. The bill was $129. Usually around $400. This is the first full production month and my projected bill is around $50. We use between 3200 and 3400 kwH a month at this time of year. I have the A/C going full time in the back shed/office. A little tweaking with LED light bulbs and doing stuff like laundry when the system is producing could swing it lower. We are using our power at will so $50 is great but $0 is even better. This year is one of those years I want to wake up and it be over. Miss my cruises. Too many surgeries, and the other outside crap that's going on that I am avoiding. Saharan dust is keeping the rain away , the temps hot and it's been sunny. June is usually the wettest month of the year but the rains came early this year. I'm sure we'll get something sometime.

May the best things in life be yours.

Tommy - interested in your solar project. Trying to find a reputable consultant to have a sensible (non-marketing) discussion. Which company did you work with, and do you have issues with the power company?
Posted on: 2020/7/1 13:43

Ultraman Re: FIRST OF JULY 2020
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

So Andy you got a 10 footer.... that is better than a 20 footer I am thinking.... sounds like a good project...

We finally got in the path of some rain last night...had over 2" in the gauge this morning... I slept right through it.... I put the Tahoe in the new garage bay last night... uh..it fills it right up...the Corvette will fit better I'm thinking...

Not so humid this morning but when the sun hits all the wet ground it will be a steam bath.

Rock on Guru's...
Posted on: 2020/7/1 13:56

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: FIRST OF JULY 2020
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well I missed driving the car on National Corvette day. But I did drive it Monday and took RR#1 for a ride. When I got home I popped the hood like usual and found a random bolt laying on top of my intake manifold. Not really what I consider normal. So I found that it had backed out of the air pump. Taking the threads with it. Luckily it has two other bolts that hold on but still something that needs to be replaced. It just so happens that I have a 10 year old air pump eliminator project sitting on the shelf. So I dusted that off and the only thing left with it was to get a spacer milled down. Unfortunately I don't have a lathe. A friend of mine does, though, so I dropped it off to him last night and he said he would get it cut down to the correct dimensions. Once that is done I can pull the air pump and swap that out.

Another hot day today. Glad for AC.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2020/7/1 15:01

vetteblondie Re: FIRST OF JULY 2020
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Good afternoon -
I can relate to Tommy - would like to wake up and this whole year be over. Too much crap happening.
And yes, June flew by like a blur. The whole HALF a year did matter of fact.
Storming like crazy here, wasn't expecting that. Glad I went ahead and put the windows up on the car.
Currently in the middle of that 40-ft school bus they wanted one of their "own" to design. Loads of fun there back and forth with the dude to "help". (rolling eyes)
Also the 24ft vintage airstream that's about to be a food vending unit. slower day, less aggravation - and am grateful for it
Posted on: 2020/7/1 20:37

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: FIRST OF JULY 2020
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

....dude.....like what's an air pump?
Posted on: 2020/7/1 23:21

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: FIRST OF JULY 2020
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

We mixed about a yard of concrete today. I was the guy on the mixer, the guy I helped with the siding was the wheelbarrow guy and the owner was down in the hole filling the forms. That took me up to lunch time.

This afternoon GS #3 and I worked on facing some drawers for another client. And this evening I went out golfing, subbing for the same guy I subbed for last week, as he isn't done harvesting yet.

I'm thankful it wasn't any warmer than it was was. Tonight while golfing, we had a little shower roll through...not enough to measure, but we'll take whatever comes our way.
Posted on: 2020/7/2 3:40

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.