Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
207 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Ultraman July 8th.........let's talk about it...
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14723 Posts

What up Guru's...... up early and out to beat the heat.....
Posted on: 2020/7/8 13:19

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: July 8th.........let's talk about it...
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7617 Posts

IT'S A SUNNY 77 DEGREES AND 89% HUMIDITY THIS MORNING. THE HEAT I CAN HANDLE BUT THE HUMIDITY? THE CHEROKEES ARE STEWING. EXPLETIVE DELETED!

NOT MUCH GOING ON AROUND HERE, THE SUMMER DOLDRUMS.

CURIOUS: VANESSA GUILLEN, 3d ACR, KILLED, DISMEMBERED, BURIED IN SEVERAL SPOTS. THE MEDIA IS FULL OF PICTURES OF HER; THERE ARE PICTURES OF HER KILLER'S GIRL FRIEND. BUT NO PICTURES OF THE KILLER---THE WORLD WONDERS.
Posted on: 2020/7/8 13:33

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: July 8th.........let's talk about it...
Huskerland
14723 Posts

He be a black man....... not much to wonder about now....
Posted on: 2020/7/8 14:46

Matatk Re: July 8th.........let's talk about it...
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Started cutting the grass last night after night fall. It was much cooler. I got 85% done and it started pouring rain. I finished that up first thing this morning.

Air pump delete pulley should arrive today. Hopefully that goes smoothly.

Got new speakers installed in the trans am and now I can rock out to some Skynard without blown speakers. Gotta have tunes. I also got my new short throw shifter installed last night. Can't wait to test it out.

Marcus, sorry to hear a about the fuel injector woes. That's why I'm avoiding the urge to modify the motor. What was the problem/solution for the 56 - fuel pump?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2020/7/8 15:40

vetteblondie Re: July 8th.........let's talk about it...
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4637 Posts

Hot as boiled snot here today. Was 90 on my way in this morning already. Watering plants daily they still droop. Matt's post just reminded me I need a new speaker in the passenger door of the GS. No way I'm paying 300$ at the stealership for it. Arron sent me my part number but not before I hit Esteal looking for one. For my year model and being a GS I'm seeing two different ones. His part number correlates with one but then he says that's not it. I'm confused. Looks like it will be a door panel removal to get to the bottom of the argument.
Speaking of arguments I'm having one with our school here I'm doing the bus wrap for. Long story but we gave a ballpark quote based on their stated amount of coverage and them doing the design work. Now, they sent design and have paid but their design adds about $2,000 additional materials and labor, and then after getting a discount for me not doing the design, they asked me to do one anyway so they could "pick" - ended up a waste of my time and delayed me on another customer. Now he's mad at the price difference. His fault. But how to you explain it all nicely?
Just one of today's issues. Onward to conquer! Stay cool and hydrated y'all it's muggy and hot out,
Posted on: 2020/7/8 16:18

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: July 8th.........let's talk about it...
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33754 Posts

Matt, Skynard? You are a much better person than I thought you were. Southern Rock on. Do you have any Molly Hatchet?

Nursery chores in the morning. Got half the yard mowed at home when the skies opened up and the thunder and lightning sent the dogs seeking hiding places in the house. Had to change into some dry clothes after loading Sue's knee scooter into the back of the Suburban. She's going to see a plastic surgeon to see if he can steal some skin from somewhere on her body and plug the wound in her foot. She is healing OK but she wants it to heal faster. I'm just hangin out for a few minutes hoping the skies clear. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Later ......
Posted on: 2020/7/8 19:15

Ultraman Re: July 8th.........let's talk about it...
Huskerland
14723 Posts

Put a new chrome fuel pump on the 56 from Speedway Motors... 80 gph instead of 50 or 60 on the stock ones I believe....rerouted some fuel lines away from heat sources and baby runs fine....

We will get the injector thing fixed.... these new higher dollar ones come wid a flowchart from the factory....that should take care of that..... I hope...

Now I got wiring problems on the 56...the Dakota dashboard went out and I am trying to figure out what quit..... always something.... I am in the process of cleaning up the hacks of the past trying to get it up to a very high standard... Mine!
Posted on: 2020/7/8 19:19

Matatk Re: July 8th.........let's talk about it...
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Tommy, I don't have Molly hatchet but I'm always accepting donations

Marcus - I was going to suggest it could be some vapor lock buy sounds like you got it worked out.

Letty - you might be better off getting some aftermarket speakers for the GS. Just make sure to match the size and impedance and you should be fine.
Posted on: 2020/7/8 20:03

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.