Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Dana 44
This references the rear differential.

The Dana 36 was the smaller unit. It was used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes thru 1996...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 10 JULY 20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

KUNG FU 'DO

Attach file:

jpg  HRC.jpg (85.94 KB)
12496_5f0866522df12.jpg 640X432 px
Posted on: 2020/7/10 13:00

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 10 JULY 20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

THE SUN IS SHINING ON THE CHEROKEES, ALL IS CALM, ALL IS MILD. GOT AN INCH AND A HALF RAIN YESTERDAY. THE WEEDS IN THE OBSTACLE COURSE WILL START GROWING AGAIN. BUMMER!

P&B GUY COMING OVER TOMORROW TO DETAIL THE TOMATO. HOPE IT WORKS OUT WELL, IF SO HE CAN DO THE OTHERS. HE DOES A GREAT PAINT JOB, HOPE HE DETAILS AS WELL.

WHY DO SOME PICTURES UP-LOAD HERE AS A DISPLAY AND SOME AS A SCRIPT? IS THERE A WAY TO INSURE THEY DISPLAY?
Posted on: 2020/7/10 13:27

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

j3studio Re: 10 JULY 20
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Gris, I see the same thing with the pictures and I've never been able to figure it out.

Posted on: 2020/7/10 15:01

vetteblondie Re: 10 JULY 20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Same here, get both with photos. I don't see that I do anything different. I guess just the mood the internet is in that day.
Hot as all get out here, had the cousin and the baby here for a swim, been cleaning ever since. Hope you all have a great weekend.
Posted on: 2020/7/10 22:24

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: 10 JULY 20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey folks...Been a busy week for me. I finished up, everythung I could at the house, until other subs get stuff done.

It has been hotter than H3LL here. It didn't make it too 100 today...by the thermometer.....but pretty darn close by adding the humids.... we aren't used to those kind of humidity numbers. Been a good thing that most of our work has been inside, in a basement, in house where the AC is strong.

Oh, last week I walked into the shop first thing in the morning, and was met with a blast of hot air(hotter than it should have been, and the compressor running full tilt, and an air leak spewing like crazy. I thought, crap, it blew a hose again (not the first time). But no leak in the hose...so I reach down under the tank to where the spewing was coming from (after I got close enough to figure it out) and find a hole in the tank.

I grab a stainless steel screw and stick it in, then JB Weld over the screw. Allow the JB to set over the weekend and Tuesday crank up the compressor...just about the time it reaches the kick off pressure, it starts spewing again. So yesterday, I went over and purchased another one, with very similar specs and size... 20 gallon tank 2hp motor, twin cylinder. I also took the old one out to a former student who is a certified pipeline welder, and asked him if he could patch up the tank....he told me "No problem...as long as the rest of the tank is OK." I told him to do what needed to be done. He actually said, if need be, he had some 12" pipe he could make up another tank completely, and I would never have to worry about it rusting out.

This morning, I went up to the parts store and got a shut-off valve and two quick couplers and the hardware store for the brass fittings to make the manifold and then chabged the motor over to run on 240 volts as that is what I have for power where it sits. I'll have a reserve compressor once I get the other one back.

Have a great evening and weekend folks.
Posted on: 2020/7/11 0:40

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.