Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  700R4
4-speed overdrive automatic transmission from 1982 to 1991....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS SUNDAY MORNING
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

HI Y'ALL---
Posted on: 2020/7/12 12:44

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: SUNDAY MORNING
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

IT'S A PRETTY MORNING IN THE NATIONS AFTER A TUMULTUOUS NIGHT OF THUNDER, LIGHTNING, WIND, AND RAIN. THREE QUARTER INCH IN THE GAUGE, 71 DEGREES AND 92% HUMIDITY AT 0747 HRS.

NO RAIN IN THE FORECAST SO WE WILL TAKE HARVEY TO OKC. THE GOOD OLD R12 SYSTEM SHOULD KEEP DARLING WIFE'S COMPLAINTS TO A MINIMUM. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING BABY DAUGHTERS NEW HOUSE.
Posted on: 2020/7/12 12:51

teebee Re: SUNDAY MORNING
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys.... We sure could use some of that rain you guys are getting. Today is our best chance for the week. It is warm and pretty humid (for us).

BD party went well, there were no ribs left over. We didn't make it to any of the graduation parties, but did make it out to the wedding dance. Father of the bride (long time friend) was glad to see us. Mother wasn't there, she has had some severe medical issues...well, really all her life (she was in the hospital several times in the last month..near death), and she was already home. Father confided in us, the fact he was really worried about her, said she was just living for this wedding, and is afraid she will just give up now that it is over. He says he has to keep smiling and laughing as it keeps him from crying.... I pray for them.

Nothing really on the agenda today...I might go out and clean up the Caddy and the pickup.

Next weekend, we are headed to KC, then on Monday, we will head south down to Branson to meet up with a Corvette friend (from another forum) and spend a few days there with them.
Posted on: 2020/7/12 15:48

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: SUNDAY MORNING
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

BIL and Sis headed out. Sonny-boy and neighbor girl that stayed over still here. Raining. Sue is full of piss and vinegar. I'm trying to stay out of the line of fire. Two of the crew are weeding in the yard out back in between rain showers.
Posted on: 2020/7/12 15:53

Ultraman Re: SUNDAY MORNING
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Got out early to mow the lower 40.... with the lack of rain we have not had to mow as much....the lawn I keep watering though..... Kids are coming over for lunch and to hang around a bit.... putting some K-bobs on the grill with cucumber salad and just picked corn on the cob...... let the eating commence......

Have a swell day Guru's...
Posted on: 2020/7/12 16:28

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: SUNDAY MORNING
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

Warm here, not as hot as yesterday. We had some more showers last night but I think we're safe for the day. I need to drain a little water from the pool. Level is too high from the rain and the filter doesn't work as well.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2020/7/12 18:09

j3studio Re: SUNDAY MORNING
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good afternoon, all.

We made a cursory cleaning of the garages today, and Ivelis noted that there were spider webs on the undercarriage of the 1985. This condition is no surprise, as Lauren has not been driven since her arrival anniversary on March 5th.

So, I took Lauren out, driving her far enough to get the oil temps up. She did start right up because I was at least smart enough to keep her on a battery tender. This situation will bear watching, as she likely won't be traveling more than five miles from home for the rest of 2020.

Ivelis suggested we get on a schedule, and I was reminded of Gris's auto-rotation. We're driving Louis (the 2012) about once a week, so he's fine. This morning, we drove Grace (the 2003) to check on my parents, but that was because I'd seen so many cool cars out when I was grocery shopping earlier in the morning. Before that, I hadn't driven the 2003 since my birthday in late May—but we do have plans for that car next month.

Posted on: 2020/7/12 20:42

GRIS Re: SUNDAY MORNING
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

NICE TRIP TO OKC, EVERYBODY FAT AND SASSY OVER THERE. ACTUALLY, #8 GRANDSON NEEDS FEEDING UP, HE'S STILL PRETTY SCRAWNY. WE HAD TAKE-OUT CAJUN FOR A LATE LUNCH.

IT WAS A GOOD WORKOUT FOR THE '87. ROAD WAS MOSTLY STRAIGHT OR INTERSTATE, SO A RATHER BORING 2.5 HR DRIVE. THE AC DID WELL GOING OVER, BUT COMING BACK AT 97 DEGREES IT COULDN'T KEEP THE GOLDFISH BOWL COOL. COMFORTABLE, BUT NOT COOL. DW DID COMPLAIN, BUT NOT MUCH. GUESS THAT'S WHY PEOPLE TINT THE GLASS :-) I'M KEEPING HARVEY AS ORIGINAL/STOCK AS I CAN, FOR WHAT REASON I DON'T KNOW.
Posted on: 2020/7/13 0:42

teebee Re: SUNDAY MORNING
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Well, I got the Caddy cleaned and ceramic coating applied to all the horizontal surfaces (before I ran out, as it was what was left over from doing 007 last year.

I didn't get the pickup even started, ended up going over to the 'city' for groceries...and I picked up some 1" square aluminum tubing for a second set of "corn hole" game that #2 wants. I don't remember if I told you guys I built a det for #3 a couple weeks ago. I used 1/4" HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) for the top and the aluminum tubing as the frame and stainless screws to put it together. #3s' hubby 'likes' Jack Daniels, and wanted me to carve in the label in the surface.

Resized Image

This second set is going to be a Dallas Cowboy theme.

Posted on: 2020/7/13 2:33

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.