Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
82 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Driver Information Center
Also known as the DIC.

This is the display readout panel on the dash. It's above the radio for 1984-1989; above the climate controls, 1990-1996.
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS THURSDAY 16 JULY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

GOOD MORNING ALL---
Posted on: 2020/7/16 13:23

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: THURSDAY 16 JULY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

WARM AND STICKY IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, THE CHEROKEES GIVE THANKS FOR AIR CONDITIONING.

IF THE OBSTACLE COURSE IS DRY ENOUGH I'LL MOW TODAY; IF NOT I'LL PUT IT OFF ;-)

ANOTHER DOG PENDING, A PUPPY FOR SWEETHEART. LAB AND HOUND CROSS, ACCORDING TO DOGGY DOC DAUGHTER, A FOUR MO THROW AWAY. I COULD NAME HIM BDM---

TEE, I'M GLAD GD CAME IN NEGATIVE.
Posted on: 2020/7/16 13:32

djxib Re: THURSDAY 16 JULY
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

Another hot one in North Georgia. Not the best weather for maintenance on the vette nor yard work, but I have a long to-do list.

Water pump on the 96 was bad after all, took it off and the bearings are totally shot. While there I decided to do plugs and wires.. not my first rodeo on a C4 so it was relatively painless. First blood did go to #8 until I remembered to stand backwards against the car to get my hand at the right angle. Of course, I also found the alternator bearings shot and the idler pulleys on their last legs. May as well change the belt while I'm there. Havent even got to the window guides or throttle mount yet. Still planning an "anti flex" project and some track time.

Friend tested positive for the 19 but now almost fully recovered.. lucky hadn't seen them for a few weeks before they felt sick. Their kids and partner all negative.. how weird is that. Stay safe Y'all.
Posted on: 2020/7/16 13:42

1996 Greenwood Collectors Edition LT4

Previously 1992 Convertible Polo Green. 383 LT1/LT4 forged/balanced. V7-YSi, Alky. 608RWHP... Now sitting at a dismantler with a salvage title. Still runs...

Ultraman Re: THURSDAY 16 JULY
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

sounds like you have a project going there Andy..... all part of the fun.... not very hot here with cooler temps and lower humids..... do not like da humids.... I like to go where there is no humids..... got work to do work to do.... keep the faith Guru's....
Posted on: 2020/7/16 14:57

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: THURSDAY 16 JULY
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Looking to the future of this great country I see B'da who? hairy legs, back in the 30's, verses. America was great just a few short months ago. Then came China. China is to blame. And WHO? Yes WHO. We are getting better everyday. Moving forward. Removing funding for WHO. Yes WHO. When? Now.
Posted on: 2020/7/16 14:59

TommyT-Bone Re: THURSDAY 16 JULY
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Damn. It's 11:00 and I haven't taken my morning shower. Better get to it or it will be an afternoon shower.
Posted on: 2020/7/16 15:03

vetteblondie Re: THURSDAY 16 JULY
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Speaking of showers - surprise one here. Hard rain just a few minutes ago out of nowhere. Of course I'd left my windows cracked and Arron rode the Harley to work. Got wet on the way home for lunch. My car will stink.
At least I won't have to water plants when I get home. One less thing off my list of to-dos.
Gonna try to avoid people and phones tomorrow and rest, get house cleaned up some, etc, maybe work in the yard, then off to Foley MO Saturday, come home Sunday to look at the other bike.
Nursing home visit appointment finally Monday at 10am. they're doing them outdoors. I told he lady that was not a good idea with this heat, it's too hot on them, plus imagine how you'd feel if you sat outside in 110 degree heat index with 80% humidity sweating. Then can not get a shower for 2 more days when it's your turn. Ick.
Prisoners are treated better I swear.
Posted on: 2020/7/16 17:52

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: THURSDAY 16 JULY
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Well, it's our turn now as a state.
Our governor just ordered a mask mandate with fines up to $500 starting Monday.
We have literally a .5% rate here of positives and hospitalizations, etc. I mean of over three million people we're looking at hardly nothing. I don't want to see anyone get sick and die but ffs there's way more crap out there way more deadly than this. Abortions, drug overdoses, car accidents, what not.
Me and Josh just ordered masks by the boxfull off Amazon for us to use up here at the office.
Posted on: 2020/7/16 19:24

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: THURSDAY 16 JULY
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

TB, glad the tests came back negative.

Former neighbor kids stopped by this morning and the kids all went swimming and played a bit.

Got in a workout and relaxing now. Almost time to grill and I need to stop by Lowe's after dinner.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2020/7/16 22:22

teebee Re: THURSDAY 16 JULY
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

hey folks, up late then on the road to visit my sis. I needed to go back to see what needed to be done yet so we could finish her basement project.

On the way up Rosie asked why I didn't bring any tools..."I think this is more of a recon mission to see what needs to be done." Found a hole in the ceiling that I believe was done by the HVAC guy running vents. I have a funky corner in the bathroom to deal with to cover plumbing. And a suspended ceiling to install in the bath. The niece and her hubby have really done a LOT that I thought I was going to have to do. And are going to do some stuff I thought I was going to do.

Hot and muggy here, another little shower last night
Posted on: 2020/7/16 22:37

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: THURSDAY 16 JULY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

GOT THE EAST PART OF THE OBSTACLE COURSE MOWED AFTER SUPPER.
NOT VERY PLEASANT, BUT NOT UNBEARABLE. TOMORROW: THE LEFT SIDE. TUNE IN FOR THE NEXT EXCITING EPISODE---

THERE IS A NEW GPS PROGRAM FOR OLD PEOPLE JUST OUT. IT TELLS YOU HOW TO GET THERE AND WHAT YOU WERE GOING TO DO WHEN YOU ARRIVED :-)
Posted on: 2020/7/17 1:00

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.