Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Cigarette Lighter
Does it work?

If not, the fuse is hidden… behind the Driver Information Center (DIC) on the 1984-1989, and under the right knee bolster on the ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

captmike13 August 1 2020
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Good morning gurus.
Great news Tommy. Prayers that she continues to get better.
Well it is still cloudy, gloomy and wet here in ST Louis. Forecast is for scattered storms.

Not much on the agenda today. I tried to sleep in but no such luck. I think I might just have a do nothing day.

Posted on: 2020/8/1 11:46

captmike13@yahoo.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

djxib Re: August 1 2020
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

Morning all. In Florida (panhandle) for a few days, should be hot and sticky. Just hanging out doing nothing.

DeWitts radiator should arrive Monday, hopefully I can start actually driving the 96 and make a start on my frame/suspension project.

Tommy - hope all goes well.

Some behavioral scientist testified recently that the social media collectively helped Hillary get up to 10 Million 'extra' votes in 2016. Outside of who you actually vote for, kind of terrifying that a few large corps (FB, Google, Twitter) have that much power. (edit - he also said that it's almost impossible to monitor/prevent them doing it)
Posted on: 2020/8/1 12:21

1996 Greenwood Collectors Edition LT4

Previously 1992 Convertible Polo Green. 383 LT1/LT4 forged/balanced. V7-YSi, Alky. 608RWHP... Now sitting at a dismantler with a salvage title. Still runs...

GRIS Re: August 1 2020
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING---SUNNY, CALM,AND COOL.
THE CHEROKEES REJOICE.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA, THINK I'LL MAKE A PASS THRU THE FLEA MARKET, MAYBE TRIM SOME BUSHES AROUND THE HOUSE.

ALWAYS FORWARD, GURUS!
Posted on: 2020/8/1 12:53

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: August 1 2020
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Upon recommendation from Farmer Bob a client of mine with mad skills for making his 2015 C7 Z06 go faster.... and always has the best shine on his Velocity Yellow car.... I bought some Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating for the GS.... I may take some time today and apply it...... will let you know what happens...

Keep your powder dry Guru's....you may need it when Pres Trump gets reelected ...... just saying..... now go forth and be capitalists......
Posted on: 2020/8/1 13:06

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: August 1 2020
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

As luck would have it I'm on the western side of Isiais. Occasional rain and I can actually see the bands run through. I've seen this many times. This morning I looked out the front door and I had the bluest cloudless skies. I went out the back door and it was covered in gray skies. This tells me much about life. It's all about which door you open. Sue should be home tomorrow. MIL is limited to 1 visitor a day for 1 hour. FIL is staying so he gave up his visit to Sue's cousin yesterday. Her cousin flew home today Sue is going in for an hour today. Sue was able to negotiate a suite for a month for FIL. Got it at a better rate than small furnished apartment for a month. I'm feeling like a zoo keeper between the nursery animals and home critters. I have plenty to do but I'm not opening the nursery to sales. Gate is closed till Sue gets back. Years ago I had her change it to appointment only (or if the gate is open). I don't want to work the nursery anymore except for an occasional delivery, pick up, feed the animals or repairs as needed. That still gets me over there more than I care to be. .... End of chapter ...... Have a great day everyone.
Posted on: 2020/8/1 14:32

Ultraman Re: August 1 2020
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

.....I can work the nursery for you...... aging agronomist seeking tropical environment.... 45 years experience... pay negotiable ..... as long as its a lot....

Posted on: 2020/8/1 15:44

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: August 1 2020
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Grey skies here, we e been due rain for days but barely get any. Received some last two nights. Skeeters by the plenty. My spraying is not helping this year thus far. Slept late today and considering going back to bed but I hate “missing a day” so to speak.,
Hope everyone has a good weekend
Posted on: 2020/8/1 16:16

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: August 1 2020
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Skeeters by the plenty. My spraying is not helping this year thus far.

Maybe try planting some stuff mosquitoes hate. Lemon grass, Magnolias, Citronella to name a few. Google up plants to keep mosquitoes away.
Posted on: 2020/8/1 17:52

teebee Re: August 1 2020
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Hey guys, been a pretty lazy day. nothing really on the agenda.

Yesterday, I went over to #2s house, she's had a small leak on the low slope roof, in the back of her house, and the local roofing guy thought he figured it out. But it has leaked again. So I suggested a "coating" over that portion. I picked it up the other day and 'they' (she and #3 GS) were going to put it on...well, #2 asked if I could "shoow them how to put it on"....That meant I was doing it. Well #3 GS was up there helping me. It took about two hours to spread it out and I had a half gallon or so left over. This morning, I went back over to check out the roof and decided to recoat some areas that looked a little thin and use up the remaining coating.

Spent some time cleaning, doing a little maintenance and straightening up in the shop this afternoon.

Church is over and I'm waiting for the Royals to start.

...."aging agronomist seeking tropical environment"... Don't you mean OLD Marcus?
Posted on: 2020/8/1 22:49

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.