Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
204 user(s) are online (187 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Courtesy Timer
With the doors closed and the key off - the windows should still go up/down and the radio plays (1990-1996)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Wensday Chat 08.05.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33755 Posts

Moanin.
Posted on: 2020/8/5 12:41
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Wensday Chat 08.05.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33755 Posts

Quote:

At noon I almost told her "Here are my hours, pay me what you owe me and find someone else to finish it"...but I started the job...I'll finish it and chalk this up to experience.

Could it be ..........

Attach file:

jpg  Satan.jpg (63.48 KB)
852_5f2aa939d3d63.jpg 1280X720 px
Posted on: 2020/8/5 12:42

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33755 Posts

I had something I was gonna tell you guys but forgot what it was.
Posted on: 2020/8/5 12:44

GRIS Re: Wensday Chat 08.05.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7619 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

BEEN THERE; DONE THAT :-|

CLOUDY, COOL, AND HUMID THIS MORNING, MAY RAIN THEY SAY.

DID A BUNCH OF YARD STUFF YESTERDAY, PAYING FOR IT THIS MORNING. GETTING OLD IS NOT FOR SISSIES---IN ADDITION TO THE ACHES & PAINS THE SUN-DAMAGED SKIN ON MY FOREARMS IS SO THIN I GET A BIG BRUISE JUST FROM BUMPING INTO SOMETHING AND BLOOD SHEA FROM EVERY LITTLE SCRAPE. MY ARMS STAY COVERED WITH BAND-AIDS :-)

I'MTRYING TO WEAR LONG SLEEVES WHEN I DO ANYTHING OUTDOORS; IT'S A PIA IN THE SUMMER.

TEE, YOU'LL BE LUCKY IF THAT WITCH PAYS YOU. IF SHE DOES IT WILL WITH GREAT WEEPING & WAILING & GNASHING OF TEETH.
Posted on: 2020/8/5 13:30

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

j3studio Re: Wensday Chat 08.05.20
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4246 Posts

Good morning, all.

After yesterday's weather drama, a beautiful morning in the Philadelphia area. Still 131,000 customers without power in our local utility's area—we peaked at 303,000 down.

Posted on: 2020/8/5 13:41

teebee Re: Wensday Chat 08.05.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys....up early and out the door to the ‘city’, Rosie has a dental appointment. She isn’t supposed to drive after her procedure, so I’m here. It’s been almost 2 hours now. I’ve been over to the “phone doctor” to get an Apple Watch fixed and I sold them a couple old phones.

Oh, she’ll pay me, but I’m sure there will be words. I see now why she has trouble getting people to work for her.
Posted on: 2020/8/5 15:00

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Wensday Chat 08.05.20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4638 Posts

Tee, so sorry you have to deal with people like that. "older spoiled brats" I call them.
I'm having one at the moment also. The couple of ladies I'm doing the airstream wrap design for. They have a logo, "Black Widow 870" but then had no clue on wrap design. I have to have some idea to get me in the right direction. I mean I can literally go a million ways with these things. They decide on a cartoony, hippy vibe looking stream, landscape, trees and such scene. I'm in this 34 hours so far. They were given a low quote based on "something simple and fast". It's been anything but. Very indecisive. Now, week before last, they both came and stayed an hour apiece to 'tweak' things and see this and that. I really don't have time for that , they need to make up their mind. I printed off their designs for them to look at over the weekend and was assured they'd get to me Tuesday with their decision and said they're pretty much done at this point. Good, I'm sick of looking at it. I'd like to plan a vaca but this is holding me up. Anyway - I never heard back. The design time in this already exceeds their total quote. It's a 28ft airstream. Install will be a crank too.
I email them to ask wth and they reply they're glad I checked on them and they feel that in looking at what they are at, they're simply trying to do something that isn't going to work with their logo and name, and we just need to start all over at this point with something totally different.
I"m sorry, what??? These take time to do, time that's billed out at $65 per hour. I'm hesitant to even start messing with it to keep me from having more time in there. They speak highly to me in appreciation of my patience and such, but I really think they have no grasp of time involved . The one that came in here that wears the pants in the household so to speak, saw that day what all I was having to do just to do the "small" things she asked for. They aren't so "small" in actual vector or raster image adjustment. She was shocked and made comments on how difficult it all appeared to be when she thought it was simply click and go. Nope.
I swear people watch too much CSI. Sh*t ain't that easy.
Anyway, I've just finished up another trailer for a mattress sales dude that was just like Tee's customer. I came >>this close<< to just refunding his deposit and asking him to leave.
On a brighter note, its' been a nice, comfty 80 around here last couple of days, temps slowly climbing though, left doors and windows open last night for the cool breeze and save on air costs. Mite ask bf to take us for a bike ride after work to enjoy it.
Hope everyone has a good day.
Best wishes to yours Tommy for quick healing and recovery
Posted on: 2020/8/5 15:32

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Wensday Chat 08.05.20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14724 Posts

...all my clients are great..... just kidding...

Ya Tee and VB.... get the money and run is my advice.... those old women got way to much free time on their hands....

Nice again here today but the nasty chit is coming... One of my clients my age got the Vid and spent a week in the hospital and now is healing up at home and has been there 2 weeks doing that. He says he goes out to the mailbox to get the mail then has to lie down and nap for a bit..... don't mess wid dis stuff Guru's... it be some nasty chit if you are of a certain age...

romp and stomp boys and girls......
Posted on: 2020/8/5 16:31

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33755 Posts

Sue just got a big order for the Naval Station beach in Key West. Also the people who want Sue to work on a park told Sue to get ready. They are one last commission meeting from approval. They had a few things to work out with the city before they get the go ahead. Friggin politics in this town are ridiculous. Everything is so damned complicated. The company wants to develop land in the Homestead Park of Commerce that has been sitting vacant for 30 years. Ready to spend millions developing a disaster related vehicle storage facility. Basically a huge walled parking lot. One parcel they will convert to a park at their expense. That's where Sue's part comes in. She'd get the landscape installation contract. $$$$. Means I'd end up making a lot of deliveries. For the big bucks I'll make time in my busy schedule. Looks like I'll be making a ride to Key West as well.
Posted on: 2020/8/5 17:07

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33755 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
don't mess wid dis stuff Guru's... it be some nasty chit if you are of a certain age...

Ya, Guru age. lol
Posted on: 2020/8/5 17:12

Matatk Re: Wensday Chat 08.05.20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

TB, I read your cabinet saga and you're a better man than I am. I would've walked.

Tommy, hope the MIL is out of ICU and feeling better ASAP.

Much like the other gurus we are having some work done. New driveway is in progress. Old asphalt is removed and the bricklayers are currently here finishing up the side pathways and walkway to the door. Not cheap by any means but looks really nice. Hopefully the asphalt will be poured next week.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2020/8/5 17:26

j3studio Re: Wensday Chat 08.05.20
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4246 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

One of my clients my age got the Vid and spent a week in the hospital and now is healing up at home and has been there 2 weeks doing that. He says he goes out to the mailbox to get the mail then has to lie down and nap for a bit … don't mess wid dis stuff Guru's … it be some nasty chit if you are of a certain age …

Much of Guru—and the entire automotive hobby—is of a certain age.

Posted on: 2020/8/5 18:19

Ultraman Re: Wensday Chat 08.05.20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14724 Posts

no kidding...ever go to a car show these days...who are all those old geezers....? I may look old but I still feel like raising hell just like always.....
Posted on: 2020/8/5 20:32

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: Wensday Chat 08.05.20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4638 Posts

I'd like to be taking a ride to Key West. And preferably not behind someone going 10 under the limit like the last time. I got excited when I started seeing passing lane ahead signs.
Posted on: 2020/8/5 21:03

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Wensday Chat 08.05.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7619 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:

Good morning, all.

After yesterday's weather drama, a beautiful morning in the Philadelphia area. Still 131,000 customers without power in our local utility's area—we peaked at 303,000 down.

SOUNDS LIKE YOU ALL REALLY DODGED A BULLET.
Posted on: 2020/8/5 23:19

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

CorvetteBob Re: Wensday Chat 08.05.20
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

I didn’t really have much to tell. At least, not that I can remember...
Posted on: 2020/8/6 0:16

teebee Re: Wensday Chat 08.05.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Well, I went over to sand the 'rock' and apply the next coat, and then I installed the backsplash panel and installed a couple of magnetic catches to the the doors. I told her I'd be back to finish the sheetrock tomorrow. She starts talking about these other jobs ..insinuating she wanted me to do them. I was pleasant and shook my head, offered advice and decided (about Monday afternoon) I was going to be "too busy" to work for her again.
Posted on: 2020/8/6 4:24

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.