Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
246 user(s) are online (212 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Weather Stripping
It should be soft and pliable. Tears, rips and holes are red flags that the seals are bad.

Corvette weather stripping is a known problem. Replaci...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Mundy Chat 08.10.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33757 Posts

It takes a thief. Just ask Alexander Mundy.
Posted on: 2020/8/10 13:37
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Mundy Chat 08.10.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33757 Posts

I'm often left to wonder what forces executed all the twists and turns that brought Americans to the sad state we are in today. Certainly it couldn't be the hippies with their disdain for the norm and their message of "Sex, drugs and Rock and Roll". Nor their predecessors the hot rodders or nomad motorcyclists that cast their cares to the wind. Disco queens? Big haired metal fans? The Left Coasters and the Seattle sound? Perhaps the donners of the rainbow flag? Maybe all of them combined. It is not for the lack of money. Even some of the poorest wear the latest styles and carry the latest tech. Maybe it's the materialists drive for more, more, more. Seems we can never have enough. Maybe it's fools like me that ask why instead of living life with blinders on focused in a single direction. ..... He ain't heavy .... He's my brother.... So on we go .....

Posted on: 2020/8/10 13:55

teebee Re: Mundy Chat 08.10.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys... Good question Tommy.

Not much on the agenda today several projects lined up, but need materials...coming later this week.

Supposed to be hot again....above 'normal' highs for today then back down to 'near normal' temps the rest of the week. But humidds are supposed to be higher than normal, so ...
Posted on: 2020/8/10 14:14

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Mundy Chat 08.10.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33757 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Morning guys... Good question Tommy.

You got out of it easy. lol
Posted on: 2020/8/10 14:39

GRIS Re: Mundy Chat 08.10.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7623 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I'm often left to wonder what forces executed all the twists and turns that brought Americans to the sad state we are in today. Certainly it couldn't be the hippies with their disdain for the norm and their message of "Sex, drugs and Rock and Roll". Nor their predecessors the hot rodders or nomad motorcyclists that cast their cares to the wind. Disco queens? Big haired metal fans? The Left Coasters and the Seattle sound? Perhaps the donners of the rainbow flag? Maybe all of them combined. It is not for the lack of money. Even some of the poorest wear the latest styles and carry the latest tech. Maybe it's the materialists drive for more, more, more. Seems we can never have enough. Maybe it's fools like me that ask why instead of living life with blinders on focused in a single direction. .....

THERE IS ONLY ONE THING HUMAN BEINGS CAN NOT COPE WITH:
PROSPERITY.

OH WHAT A MISERABLE MORNING---HOT, HUMID, NO WIND. EXPLETIVE DELETED!

GOT THE ZOO CARED FOR, THE CARS SWITCHED, WENT TO "JIMMY'S EGG" FOR BREAKFAST IN MUSKOGEE. GRANDMA AND THE OKC KIDS ARE ENSCONCED IN THE WHITE ELEPHANT CABIN IN COLORADO.

THE TOMATO IS IN THE READY RACK, BUT IT'S TOO DAMNED HOT TO PUT THE TOP DOWN :-(

LIFE GETS TEDIOUS, SOMETIMES---

Attach file:

png  ABDUCT.png (63.50 KB)
12496_5f3169efc0971.png 366X484 px
Posted on: 2020/8/10 15:36

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Mundy Chat 08.10.20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14727 Posts

I'm pretty sure it all came about when dey gave da women da vote...... to many people with to much time on their hands..... don't those Antifa idiots have jobs? Are they all on Furlough? Yet out here in the land of common sense life goes on just like it always has except we gotta wear masks and can't go to church..... but a terrible thing has happened....they have cancelled Big Red Football for this season....WTF! are they crazy? what the hell we gonna do on those perfect crisp fall days? Fix up stuff around the house? the hell wid dat..... I'm getting on my big Red gear and going to march on Lincoln.... you want a riot? we will show you a riot..... to arms my bruthas..........
Posted on: 2020/8/10 17:43

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

bogus Re: Mundy Chat 08.10.20
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Why are we where we are? I think the common denominator is education. It has, or the lack thereof, created a class structure.

Toss in misleading information - social media is not the place to get ones news - and a distrust starts to fester. That distrust becomes paranoia and a bad case of us vs them manifests.

It is a shame, a crying shame, that our country is tearing itself apart because people are to damned afraid to discuss topics, they must shout them down.

The bigger picture is the natural swing in culture... for example, in the 1920s, we had flappers and their degenerate kind, replaced by the dour depressed 1930s, then came swing bands and WWII, ladies working and all sorts of unnatural things... replaced by the 1950s, a decade of near perfect normalcy, as long as you were a white person, even better is that white person was male.

Then came the 1960s... the hippie revolution burst onto the scene with the assassination of JFK. Our social innocence was wiped out and people stopped trusting the government... we had Vietnam, the most tragic of wars, 56k US Service men and women died for no good reason, except to maintain French colonial control over Indo-China... a violation of the Atlantic charter - look it up.

That begat the 70s and the Me Generation, with disco... and the youth of America continued being free spirits... as did many of the boomers... But in the early 80s, the neo-conservative movements started to appear... These were old school Republicans who wanted to go back to laissez faire economic policies, which, as we all know, don't work in modern economies... please refer back to the Great Depression and how wonderful a job Hoover did recovering after the 1929 Wall Street Crash.

We are now at the peak of the power of the Neo Conservative revolution, so to speak, and we have now created a far left and a far right that are both spouting bullshit and lies in an attempt to wrest power from the other... leaving the rest of us in the middle wet from all the mutual pissing contests.

Toss in the fact that we are still a bigoted, racist society... oh, and toss in scared... we have a disaster on our hands.

It breaks my heart. It really does.
Posted on: 2020/8/10 18:41

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

CorvetteBob Re: Mundy Chat 08.10.20
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Hi guys. I’m interested, but I’m not gonna touch this controversy with a 10 foot pole. It’s gotten me too crazy lately. And depressed.

A nephew has been a genealogical hobbyist for a few decades now and came up with some good stuff.
He traced our roots back to at least 1066 and the Norman invasion of England. Even had a different name!
We went on to become the “dancing master” for the aristocracy of Virginia in the late 1700’s! Maybe that’s why I got so much boogey in my step!
I’ll save the rest for my speaking tour!🤓
Have fun Gurus!
Posted on: 2020/8/10 21:25

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

CorvetteBob wrote:
Hi guys. I’m interested, but I’m not gonna touch this controversy with a 10 foot pole. It’s gotten me too crazy lately. And depressed.

A nephew has been a genealogical hobbyist for a few decades now and came up with some good stuff.
He traced our roots back to at least 1066 and the Norman invasion of England. Even had a different name!
We went on to become the “dancing master” for the aristocracy of Virginia in the late 1700’s! Maybe that’s why I got so much boogey in my step!
I’ll save the rest for my speaking tour!🤓
Have fun Gurus!

That's cool stuff!!!!

Now... on a sicker side... I read "genealogical hobbyist" as "gynaecological hobbyist". It took me a minute...

Posted on: 2020/8/10 23:43

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

oh... I got all tied up in politics and forgot the important stuff...

Today is the 43rd year since my Dad died... 10 August 1977. He was a great person, with a great heart, just a shame it wasn't strong enough...

Posted on: 2020/8/10 23:44

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.