Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Rat Motor
GM production big block engines were known as Rat motors.

'W' Series:

5.7L 348ci - 1958 thru 1964
6.7L 409ci - 1961 thru 1965
7.0L 427ci (Z11...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

djxib 19 AUG 2020
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

Morning all. Looks like the dew point finally below 70 - makes for easy yard work in the evenings. Oh - and I got a job.. no longer an unemployed layabout.

Vetteblondie - good luck with your customer. If you need an "internal narrative" to help with the situation, let me know I'll walk you through it.

The CE needs a new throttle mount (it's real loose). Ordered a metal one and it arrived a few days ago. Might tackle it this evening. ..and the dash started fading in and out. Bad contacts for sure.

Happy Wednesday gurus!
Posted on: 2020/8/19 11:53

1996 Greenwood Collectors Edition LT4

Previously 1992 Convertible Polo Green. 383 LT1/LT4 forged/balanced. V7-YSi, Alky. 608RWHP... Now sitting at a dismantler with a salvage title. Still runs...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: 19 AUG 2020
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

It's a beautiful day ..... somewhere .....
Posted on: 2020/8/19 12:09

teebee Re: 19 AUG 2020
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...cloudy and cool (for August) in SW Kansas. Headed to the upper 80s-low 90s.

Andy, glad you found yourself a job.

Today would have been my older brothers' birthday. he died three years ago already...well it will be three years Friday. Would have been 69.

Stuff to do in the shop....better get to it.

Posted on: 2020/8/19 13:34

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

j3studio Re: 19 AUG 2020
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:

Andy, glad you found yourself a job.

Totally missed that …

Posted on: 2020/8/19 14:07

bogus Re: 19 AUG 2020
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

It wasn't so much I found a job, but my old job found me... I got my old job back!

I start on Monday!

As for our lovely weather, it's been hotter than hell... I was in Lakewood - just north of Long Beach - and it was some 101F!!! The thermometer on my C6 hit 107!! Hell, it was over 90 in San Pedro!

Heading to Temecula to visit my nephew... his sister, my niece, is visiting, so, mini-family reunion time.

That's about it!

Posted on: 2020/8/19 14:20

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

vetteblondie Re: 19 AUG 2020
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Actually it's been absolutely awesome weather here last few days. No rain which has the farmers a tad annoyed but I water my plants, go on about my mess and carry on as usual.
The guys have the air jacked in here and my passthrough door open to help them out so I actually have been sitting over here in a jacket.
Congrats on the jobs you two!
And - about that 'narrative' - oh I've got plenty of 'narrative' the boss heard, and he passed along some of it to her. She's due in here at 11am to "finish" this thing. I suspesct I'll be missing lunch and probably dinner, and it still won't be to their liking. She likes bold, dark things and her wife likes pinks and such. Hard to please a couple like that. Besides them, the worst I get is when a man comes in for a wrap for his business then at the end says "Let me show my wife". I know right then it'll be an issue. Just send her to start with. I finally told one guy that so he did and it was done, over and approved and sent to print in less than an hour. This is coming from a woman but often "wives" are what gives me headaches lol. One poor dude came in here, prepaid for some giant thing he wanted on his hood. He was so happy! Then on the way out he calls the "wife" to tell her and I swear I could hear her hollering at him on the phone from my office. He came back in and asked for a refund, said his wife ordered him to and he looked like a beat up dog. Bless his heart, I felt sorry for the dude.
Anywho, have the vaca booked, we're just doing one we can drive to right now, PCB. And I will never go through Emerald Coast vaca whateveritis again. Wanted to go to Miami or the Keys but stuff has kept us from going till now and it's a last minute plan. Leaving out the 29th.
If anyone is close - holla
Posted on: 2020/8/19 14:29

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 19 AUG 2020
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING,
OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY---
SUNNY, CALM, 65 DEGREES WHEN I GOT UP. THE CHEROKEES REJOICE.

GOT OVER TO TAHLEQUAH EARLY FOR A HAIRCUT. CUT A THIRD OF THE OBSTACLE COURSE MONDAY, ANOTHER THIRD YESTERDAY, AND I'LL FINISH UP TODAY. THIS WAY I DON'T HAVE TO JOLT AROUND ON THE MOWER MORE THAN AN HOUR AT A TIME.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY, DNBFS :-)

VIVA THE REEMPLOYED!
Posted on: 2020/8/19 14:36

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: 19 AUG 2020
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Congrats to both Andy's......work is good if you are in to that kinda stuff....... It is very nice here today.... mid 80's I'm thinking..... only a couple of weeks of scouting work left and I can tell the farmers are ready for it to be over.... piss poor prices and lots of wind damage can take the wind out of their sails..... back on the government dole it looks like for them...

I better get outside...... keep up the good work Guru's
Posted on: 2020/8/19 16:39

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: 19 AUG 2020
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I know how you feel Andy. Somehow my old jobs seem to find ME. Plus a couple of new ones. Glad you will get back on the payroll.
Posted on: 2020/8/19 17:11

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.