Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

GRIS TUESDAY MORNING 8 SEPT
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

GOOD MORNING TO YOU---
Posted on: 2020/9/8 12:44

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: TUESDAY MORNING 8 SEPT
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

SUNNY, CALM, MILD AND STICKY IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING.
NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY EXCEPT BELATED AUTO ROTATION.

THINK A MINOR MYSTERY IS SOLVED. TROUBLE PUP IS A GOOD LOOKING DOG EXCEPT FOR HIS EARS. HIS EARS ARE WEIRD, THEY DON'T STAND UP AND THEY DON'T FLOP DOWN BUT KINDA DO BOTH AND LAY BACK AT REST. YESTERDAY I NOTICED THE EARS ON SIL'S AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD. THEY ARE THE SAME. SO THAT'S WHERE THE EARS COME FROM AND THAT WOULD ALSO ACCOUNT FOR THE INTELLIGENCE AND BIDABILITY. THE HOUND IN HIM IS OBVIOUS BUT I COULDN'T GUESS WHAT ELSE WAS IN THE MIX.

ENJOY THE DAY, Y'ALL---
Posted on: 2020/9/8 12:58

vetteblondie Re: TUESDAY MORNING 8 SEPT
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Good morning all, sorry about the hiatus, but tried to disconnect a bit from the world and absorb the outdoors around me. Back at work today, dreaded being here and wished I was rich enough to not have to. God puts too much stuff out there I still need to see and experience to be sitting all day in a box. Had coffee outside this morning and was admiring the peace and stillness, the hummingbirds, flowers - should do that way more often.
Marcus, sorry to hear of your back diagnosis. Please try to take care of this for yourself. This is what the cousin I have in the nursing home was diagnosed with. I hate to see anyone suffering. Same for you, Tommy - take care of yourself. All of you. And proud you are still not smoking. Don't restart. Sense of smell is great until you run up on an open sewer somewhere or someone farts in front of you in line My hip still hurts 3 years post surgery. I think however one, my body doesn't do well with internal hardware, two - my job requires me to sit all day which is the worst thing for a hip and three - at the triple incision site I think I have some scar tissue or something that's seriously affected my thigh muscle. All of it keeps my piriformis in a knot which twists my lower back thereby pinching my sciatic nerve and causing pain in the sacroilliac area. I can be walking and thigh muscle will just spasm and bout put me in the floor. Should've never had the hip surgery. Getting worse so there's an impendig doc visit. Need to exercise more to lose weight which also affects it but when it hurts to walk, then what? I do have good days and when I do I end up overdoing it. Happy Birthday to Sue also!
Had a good trip and enjoyed not working. He enjoyed not working on anything except holding down his lawn chair and drinking beer. This is the first time in his life I think he's been off work for a solid week for a vacation. Had surgery previously but that really wasn't a 'vacation'. I'm trying to get him to take more. My phone blew up while we were gone I ignored best I could. He got one call asking could he come work on something and he sent them back a photo of his feet in the sand with water in background, that settled that. We'll be back in Tebbetts, MO weekend after next. My old body shop friend/boss needs some mechanic help with the '68 Vette he's restoring for himself. I'll probably get roped into some sanding/scuffing, or assembly of some sort. He can't stand 'detail' type work, little bitty stuff so I figure he'll have me a pile waiting as well. I'd rather grab his wife and flea market. We'll see when we get there. We also have to deliver a rifle of theirs we have and pick up a groovy lava lamp they found for me while out shopping.
Hope everyone has a great day, cooler here some but still summer for all I'm concerned. Of course you see everyone rushing in the pumpkin spice mess already.
Posted on: 2020/9/8 14:27

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: TUESDAY MORNING 8 SEPT
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys... Well, the cold front moved through during the night. t some point I reached down and grabbed the bedspread and covered to keep myself warm.(windows were open). It is supposed to only be low 40s today for the high. it is also spitting out some moisture.

Nothing really on the agenda today. I have a few things to do in the shop. I started building a new front door for the house. I've wanted to do this for several years now. I ordered lumber a few weeks back (quarter sawn white oak), but as I started cutting the pieces out, I found that I was short. So last week I ordered ssome more and it should leve on the truck tomorrow morning, and I should get it maybe, tomorrow afternoon or at latest, Thursday morning. As stated the other day, I love craftsman style houses, so this door will be in that style. I ordered a craftsman style door handle and it should be shipped next week. All this is NOT cheap though. I have about $700 in the lumber (quarter sawn white oak isn't cheap) and period style handle and the new hinges (to carry the extra weight of the solid oak door) account for another $350. I want to install leaded antique glass which might run another $300 (I might by-pass the leaded portion but will do the antique verion)...so I have well over $1000 in this project...not accounting for my labor time. I see why similar doors sell for $2500 - $4000. I could have bought a cheaper door that was either fiberglass or made out of non-appropriate materials, but what fun would that be?

Well, I better get to it, I hope, all of you, have a great day.
Posted on: 2020/9/8 14:32

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: TUESDAY MORNING 8 SEPT
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Yikes!.... 1 large in the front door.... makes one wonder what it would cost if you had gone with 1/2 Sawn white oak or holy moly 3/4 sawn WOak........ good wood ain't cheap.....

Rain and wind and cold temps here today.... snowing out in the Panhandle.... 100 degrees on Sunday and now this.... good old Nebraska weather....

working away at getting some of my old pictures hung up in the new auto bay..... stuff I have had forever and never got done.... waiting till my back was better to apply the Armor shield IX Nano Ceramic coating on the Grand Sport.... looks like it will take some time.... but should look great..

Glad you got some time off VB.... nothing like a week off to make you want another week off and then another week off....

I have started a stretching thing each morning to get ahead of what I am sure the doc is going to prescribe for me.... time to hit the weights again also.... hope that is all it takes...

keep looking up Guru's....
Posted on: 2020/9/8 16:20

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Huskerland
14706 Posts

thought you might enjoy this......

https://youtu.be/Lg73GKm7GgI
Posted on: 2020/9/8 16:23

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

#1 DAUGHTER AND COACH:

Attach file:

jpg  GAE.jpg (197.52 KB)
12496_5f57c2152bcbb.jpg 750X563 px
Posted on: 2020/9/8 17:40

Huskerland
14706 Posts

Nice! what make is that over under?
Posted on: 2020/9/8 19:44

teebee Re: TUESDAY MORNING 8 SEPT
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Loved the story Marc. Are we hunting right there by the house, Gris? (yea, I know you were shooting clays)
Posted on: 2020/9/8 20:08

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Nice! what make is that over under?

TIKKA, WHICH IS AN ITALIAN MADE VALMET :-)

CONFUSED NOW?
VALMET WAS A FINNISH OUTFIT BOUGHT UP BY AN ITALIAN ARMS CONGLOMERATE. TIKKA DESIGN O/U'S ARE NOTABLE FOR THEIR INTERCHANGEABLE BARREL SETS. I HAVE ONE THAT'S 12GA OVER .222 REM. MY FAVORITE TRUCK GUN.

THIS IS #1 SOON TO BE DOCTOR GRANDDAUGHTER:

Attach file:

jpg  KA.jpg (103.65 KB)
12496_5f580e98caadc.jpg 459X504 px
Posted on: 2020/9/8 23:07

Matatk Re: TUESDAY MORNING 8 SEPT
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Evening CGs!

Weather cooled off considerably. Started closing the pool today which amounts to dumping a bunch of chemicals in. Need to finish it up tomorrow.

Marcus, I've seen that before but worth another watch

Gris - am I getting too old or does she look too young to be a doctor-to-be?

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2020/9/9 2:34

TommyT-Bone Re: TUESDAY MORNING 8 SEPT
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Hello everyone. Great contributions today.
Posted on: 2020/9/9 4:23

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.