Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
184 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Cigarette Lighter
Does it work?

If not, the fuse is hidden… behind the Driver Information Center (DIC) on the 1984-1989, and under the right knee bolster on the ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 12.IX.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7580 Posts

OFF TO OKMULGEE IN PURSUIT OF THE WILEY DOVE---
Posted on: 2020/9/12 11:07

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: 12.IX.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys.. Headed northwest to watch #3 GS run another race.
Posted on: 2020/9/12 12:59

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 12.IX.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Got my blood work back from the lab in one day. I get a copy and my doc gets a copy. I have a phone appointment with him on the 22nd. I can see already what he'll chat about. Pre-diabetes and and borderline protein levels. To me I'm doing fine. The pre-d is elevating some. Could be diet. It's not exercise because I move daily. Diabetes runs in the family so I try to be aware. My mom was borderline and my sister was full blown. That's what took her out at 70. Protein was right at the low number. Eggs, cheese , almonds, turkey breast, sardines, peanut butter and oats can go a long way in bringing that number up. Doc wanted me on a low cholesterol diet so looks like the protein number suffered a little.
MIL is back in Miami. She flew in last night with my FIL and a nurse. They brought her right to the hospital. From there she may spend a little time then get moved to e rehab facility. I told Sue her mom is half a step out of assisted living. Really, I'm not so sure she can go home anymore other than for a visit. A major vascular event could happen at any time. She has already suffered the effects of several small strokes. Sue is doing all she can for her mom. She doesn't want to lose her. Something I think we all can understand. Sorry. Don't mean to be a downer. Let's elevate. Let's get something done, gurus.
Posted on: 2020/9/12 14:04

vetteblondie Re: 12.IX.20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Prayers for Sue, her mom and everyone with elderly
Beautiful day here, bout to get my second cup of coffee and see if there’s any motivation in it. Got stuff to do but just can’t get up off the couch
Have a good un
Posted on: 2020/9/12 14:54

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

j3studio Re: 12.IX.20
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

Bad news in our household this morning. Ivelis' closest friend in the Corvette hobby is entering hospice care. We had been planning to take her to Longwood Gardens today, but that's cancelled. We're hoping to go see her tomorrow.

It has been a rough couple of years in our part of the hobby.

Posted on: 2020/9/12 15:50

GRIS Re: 12.IX.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7580 Posts

NOT TO BE FACETIOUS, BUT SOUNDS LIKE THINGS ARE TOUGH ALL OVER.

DOVE HUNT WAS A WASH FOR ME. THICK FOG TILL MID MORNING AND MOST DOVE WERE IN VFR ONLY MODE. #3 GRAND SON AND LA MEXICANA GOT TWO APIECE. NOT ENOUGH TO MAKE THE SKILLET SMELL---

I NEED AN ADD ON RADAR KIT FOR MY SHOTGUN :-)

NAP TIME.
Posted on: 2020/9/12 18:17

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: 12.IX.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Made the trip up and back. When I go to pull in the garage, I get a whiff of antifreeze, uhhmm... I pull on in and there's a drip or two on the concrete. So I pop the hood and start looking, and I see a spot or two, but can't tell where it's coming from. So I start it up and I think it's coming from the water pump, but can't tell for sure, but it now is pretty wet under the car. I'll take it out Monday and have it looked at and let them fix it ASAP.

GS ran 25 seconds faster than last week, but it's hard to compare,as the courses are so different. Distances are the same (if they measured them out correctly).

I'm hearing you Tommy, in respect to your health issues. And nobody wants their loved ones/friends to pass, but it's a part of life that none of us can get away from...unless it is us who pass first. Sometimes it is easier to understand that it is Gods will and, like in my situation with my mom, I knew it would be better for her to not fight it anymore. Hospice was a God-send in our case.
Posted on: 2020/9/12 19:22

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 12.IX.20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

the hospice Grand Pa Arlin was in was a God send for us.... a finer bunch of caring people would be hard to find.

So the ongoing saga of the 56 and its weird little quirks, as all of a sudden running rough and shutting off at any time it wanted and has been driving me to drink...not literally but close.... One guy of my chosen few who are working on the problem as we have replaced electrical and fuel parts to no avail....asked out of the blue..... have you checked your grounds? Uh.......grounds? No not so much.... we got to looking and found the battery was grounded to the body and the engine was grounded to the body. Both those were corroded... Then Farmer Bob who has the 55 Cheby to die for asked it the battery negative side was grounded directly to the engine.

I said no but we will do that. Then we cleaned up the other grounds and went body to the frame and another engine to the body. I think we got it covered now.

Took it into Lincoln today to get a load of stuff at the big box store and it ran as good as it ever has...smooth as glass and plenty of power. Did not miss a beat.... there is joy in my heart.... all the way back we pushed it at 80 82 mph and never sputtered once..... Have not signed off 100% but am liking it so far.... also advanced the timing some.... thought you should know.....
Posted on: 2020/9/13 0:54

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:
Bad news in our household this morning. Ivelis' closest friend in the Corvette hobby is entering hospice care. We had been planning to take her to Longwood Gardens today, but that's cancelled. We're hoping to go see her tomorrow.

My thoughts are with you and Ivelis Sorry to hear.
Posted on: 2020/9/13 2:27

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

So the ongoing saga of the 56 and its weird little quirks, as all of a sudden running rough and shutting off at any time it wanted and has been driving me to drink...not literally but close.... One guy of my chosen few who are working on the problem as we have replaced electrical and fuel parts to no avail....asked out of the blue..... have you checked your grounds? Uh.......grounds? No not so much.... we got to looking and found the battery was grounded to the body and the engine was grounded to the body. Both those were corroded... Then Farmer Bob who has the 55 Cheby to die for asked it the battery negative side was grounded directly to the engine.

I said no but we will do that. Then we cleaned up the other grounds and went body to the frame and another engine to the body. I think we got it covered now.

Took it into Lincoln today to get a load of stuff at the big box store and it ran as good as it ever has...smooth as glass and plenty of power. Did not miss a beat.... there is joy in my heart.... all the way back we pushed it at 80 82 mph and never sputtered once..... Have not signed off 100% but am liking it so far.... also advanced the timing some.... thought you should know.....

I would have thought the inspector would have found that on the pre purchase inspection.
Posted on: 2020/9/13 2:28

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.