Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
163 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Transverse Leaf Spring
(TLS) A design first used by Chevrolet in the 1963 Corvette with independent rear suspension. When centrally mounted, it functions similarly to two ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS WEDNESDAY 16 SEPT
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

HI Y'ALL---

Attach file:

jpg  TURKEY.jpg (59.65 KB)
12496_5f62119265936.jpg 594X480 px
Posted on: 2020/9/16 13:02
Edited by GRIS on 2020/9/16 13:22:31

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: WEDNESDAY 16 SEPT
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING, SUNNY, CALM, AND COOL IN THE NATIONS.

TEE THAT DOOR WILL BE AN HEIRLOOM.

LETTY, THAT PICTURE YOU POSTURE BROUGHT BACK SOME VERY BAD MEMORIES. THERE WAS A GUY LIKE THAT IN BROOKE ARMY HOSPITAL WHEN I WAS THERE IN '67. UNUTTERABLY SAD.

GOT AMBITIOUS YESTERDAY AND DID SOME WEED-EATING WITH NO ILL EFFECTS. MAYBE IF I DO A LITTLE AT A TIME I CAN GET AWAY WITH IT.

CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND ABOUT THE WEEKEND, MY MOTIVATION IS MINIMAL---
Posted on: 2020/9/16 13:19

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: WEDNESDAY 16 SEPT
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Got into something that should be easy but it is not. Door handle replacement on a 2000 Chevy Express van. Engineering made it like a puzzle that can only be done in a specific order. An order I am getting close to figuring out. Window channel guide is in my way. Metal cover can only slip on at and angle while depressing the unsecured handle from the outside. I think if I move the channel I have a shot. ....... Feel like I could use a couple of shots.
Posted on: 2020/9/16 13:23

TommyT-Bone Re: WEDNESDAY 16 SEPT
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Gris , that guy is not a vet. They got his picture from a mug shot.
Posted on: 2020/9/16 13:26

vetteblondie Re: WEDNESDAY 16 SEPT
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Good morning - beautiful day here again - hoping for a slow day at the office. I don't know what I got into during the deep clean of the garage but what ever dust, cobweb or whathaveyou I inhaled really has me feeling crappy. I remember this same feeling one time when I did a deep clean of the body shop. Something I'm allergic to in all that crud.
Tee - that work on the door looks tedious. I'd imagine that requires more patience in a day than I have in a lifetime. Nice work.
Gris, yes the dude was from a mugshot but it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw that snot sucker.
Hope everyone has a good day today
Posted on: 2020/9/16 14:19

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: WEDNESDAY 16 SEPT
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Isn't there some kind of door award for that work of art? I bet it's heavy...

continuing on with painting out in the Corvette bay in the shop..... was trying to find a match to the Latte colored walls in the rest of the area and not having much luck...last painted in 08....when I happened to look way under the work bench in the shop and there was a full gallon of just what I needed..... it was in good shape so am using that to paint the walls..... never....ever....throw stuff away....

weather is just the way I like it....warm and nice.... have a finest day Guru's...
Posted on: 2020/9/16 15:00

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: WEDNESDAY 16 SEPT
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Hey guys.,,Up and around normal time today, but out to the shop pretty quick. Low 50 start and mid 80s for the high. Absolutely gorgeous.

Doors open in the shop and 70s on 7 going this morning. Dry assembled complete door, and found a couple issues, so fixed those. I'm ready for final assembly..well as soon as I get the latch and dead bolt holes bored....and I got an email saying my handle was shipped out today, so soon.

final dry assembly
Resized Image

We walked down to the pharmacy and got our flu shot this morning too.

007s' driver ride headlight must have had something hit it as there are 3 or 4 parallel cracks in it. Was thinking I would buy new lenses and replace them myself, then thought about sending them in to have them fixed. Then on Facebook, I'm a member of an Orange Corvette group, one of the members posted that he replaced his headlights with Morimotos', and he wanted to sell his originals. I read his description and looked at pictures
and told him too bad he wasn't closer as I was interested (he said local pickup only and he lives in Californica). He responded back, "Are you close to Wichita? I will be there for work for about 3 months." We settled on a price and to mke a longer story shorter, my nephew picked them up for me yesterday evening, and will be bringing them out this weekend.

Resized Image
Resized Image

Posted on: 2020/9/16 18:30

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: WEDNESDAY 16 SEPT
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Nice job on the headlight deal. I need some also, mine are horrible. I've sanded and polished but they really need new covers or lenses or whatever the outside is.
I've also managed to inherit a like new C5 gloss black sold top I have no use for I need to list for sale.
Just got word at work the horrible customer lady I had issues with spoke to my owner yesterday and had an hour long rant about me, personally attacking me, saying I didn't know what I was doing, etc etc and just a horrific tirade. Claims she didn't hear from us on intall, etc when I have email chains proving otherwise. Also email chains where she continousy praised me. WTF. I am sick of humans at this point and think it best if I just gave up, sat home and drew a lazy check.
Posted on: 2020/9/16 20:14

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: WEDNESDAY 16 SEPT
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

...hey hey...I want a lazy check too.... can we say how much they should pay us? Hope so.....

Here you go VB wid da new headlights for your GS.... not saying they are pricey but I'm considering selling a kidney....

Posted on: 2020/9/16 22:35

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: WEDNESDAY 16 SEPT
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Evening CGs!

Today is our wedding anniversary. Wife and I had a lunch date (first date alone in months) and did some shopping. This evening the parents came over for cake and coffee.

TB, the door looks great.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2020/9/17 2:13

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.