Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
158 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

vetteblondie Almost Friday 10.22.20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Good morning. Surely I can't be the first one in the door? I'm always last to the party.
Beautiful day here although foggy on the drive in, not much work on my desk so hopefully and easy day. Halfway through my physical therapy routine and I'm happy it's working. So nice the last couple of days to be able to get up, walk or move without pain. It's still tender but soooo much better.
Congrats on the house Mr. and Mrs. Capn . I can relate to the new dishwasher. I love ours and the fact it's not named "Letty". Huge plus lol
Have a great day y'all
Posted on: 2020/10/22 15:20

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Almost Friday 10.22.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

HI LETTY---

SUNNY AND MILD IN THE NATIONS, THERE'S A LITTLE BREEZE THAT'S SUPPOSED TO GET RAMBUNKSHIOUS THIS AFTERNOON.

HAD A 0900 DENTIST APPOINTMENT TO GET MY FANGS SCRAPED. BEEN A LONG TIME DUE TO THE KUNG FLU CRAZIES, SO I EXPECTED A ROUGH TIME. DIDN'T HAPPEN :-)

TOOK HARVEY TO THE WRENCHMEISTER FOR A HEADLIGHT REPLACEMENT. HEADLIGHT HAD NOT BEEN DELIVERED; DAVID BROUGHT ME HOME TO FIND THE ELECTRIC CO-OP HAD THE ROAD BLOCKED WORKING ON THE LINES. HAD TO CUT ACROSS COUNTRY TO GET HERE; 4WD COMES IN HANDY SOMETIMES.

LOOKS LIKE I'LL HAVE BREAKFAST FOR LUNCH---

Attach file:

jpg  CLOWN.jpg (50.55 KB)
12496_5f91a8a4da3e9.jpg 383X363 px
Posted on: 2020/10/22 15:40

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Almost Friday 10.22.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...it still is morning as I write this. Nice warm day so far. Slept in again, then right out to the shop to work.

Not much new here, so I guess I'd better head back to the shop.
Posted on: 2020/10/22 16:39

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Almost Friday 10.22.20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

I was just informed that my cousin in the nursing home has tested positive for the virus. She's almost 85 and I fear for her. She's depressed, lonely and will now face this even more isolted from those who bring her comfort. Please pray for us, for the staff and other residents who are positive as this is considered on an "outbreak" level at this point.
My emotions are many, anger at the staffer who brought it in (Im sure they feel their own guilt), hurt for her, angry at our politicians for isolating them from us to start with , just a whole lot of things at the moment.
Please, just pray. thank you all
Posted on: 2020/10/22 18:29

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Almost Friday 10.22.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Very sad news, Letty. Sorry to hear. My thoughts and prayers go out for her.

After doing my due diligence I bought a washer. Came down to GE, Whirlpool or LG. I bought an LG with a 5 year warranty plus delivery and installation. I went to Best Buy to lift the lids and touch the controls. Bought the LG 4.5 size direct drive impeller model. 10 year motor warranty from LG. It had most of the items I wanted. I also wanted reasonably simple. I did not want one to call me on the phone, I didn't want it to turn on lights or any other thing that Alexa the the washers communicate about. Just wash some friggin clothes. After a small contribution to St. Jude it rounded out to $950 for the washer, hoses, free delivery and installation and taxes for the state. The delivery was free if you spent over $399 and the installation was free if you bought the stainless steel hoses for $29.99. I'm getting older, lazier, and more willing to part with some $$ so the young bucks and buckaroos can unbox it, drag it through the door, put the hoses on, plug it in, push the button and tell me it works. I know they say the extended warranty is a waste of money but I'm a gambler. I'll pay $135 for 5 years of trouble free washing. One service call would eat up that warranty money. It would piss me off to no end if I didn't buy the extended warranty and it broke down after say, after 15 months. I would be inconsolable, so the money spent is worth it to me and my peace of mind. I guess they hook a lot of consumers like that.
Posted on: 2020/10/22 20:18

Ultraman Re: Almost Friday 10.22.20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Yeah.....they don't make em like they used to...... Had a set of Kenmore's washer and dryer that was bought in the 60's and lasted all the way into the late 80's.... had them wid me at college and all my roommates...like 30 of them on any given day was using the units like they never shut off...... no damn warranty but never even needed it....... first day at work in the bag.....
Posted on: 2020/10/22 21:02

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

We will keep you in our prayers Letty. Tommy, I hear you. As I get older, it just makes sense to pay a little to have some of thise things done for you.

Was just about ready to stain the cabinet doors this afternoon, when I double checked measurements, as the doors looked pretty big....yea, they were. All three doors were 2" too wide.....how the h3ll did I do that? No matter, I had to gix them...or rebuild them....try to cut them down made the most sense. If I fuked them up I'd have to rebuild them anyway, so it was worth the try. An hour and a half later, the doors are glued up again... this time the correct sizes.

Mid afternoon the wind changed direction and it turned cold. 45 for a high tomorrow.....
Posted on: 2020/10/22 23:08

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Almost Friday 10.22.20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Evening CGs!

Late check in here.

Letty, sorry to hear about your cousin. Hope she pulls through.

Tommy, I agree with you about paying for the convenience of getting it all taken care of.

Mike, congrats on the new house.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2020/10/23 0:10

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Posted on: 2020/10/23 1:53

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Almost Friday 10.22.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

tee, it's pretty close except for the colors and it being a non supercharged car but getting warmer. ;)
Posted on: 2020/10/23 2:55

Matatk Re: Almost Friday 10.22.20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

5400 miles. What a shame no one got to enjoy that.
Posted on: 2020/10/23 3:38

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.